Cung le says Dana has made more money than all UFC Fighters Combined

"These guys are literally making money off our blood, sweat and tears. We don't get any health insurance. If you get hurt training for a fight, you're screwed. It's really kind of crazy. Dana White's got six Ferraris. Hell, I just want one."

Name the fighter

Heath herring

Turns out being good at business is better for your bank account than being good at being punched in the face.

Being good at business AND good at getting punched in the face, ala Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather, has the potential to be even better financially.

1. Didn't Dana just make like 390 mil?

2. Roger goodell made 36 mil last year far more than any NFL player for the year.

While im sure its true.Dana was a minority owner in a sport that didnt exist before the ufc.They literally built the sport and provided an opportunity for people to make money that never existed before.We will see in the next 20 years pay go to a more equal share in mma.But the fact is middle of the packers like cung will never get paid millions

And yet somehow half the people in the US struggle with this concept.
Turns out being good at business is better for your bank account than being good at being punched in the face.

I always wondered why he always laughed away when McGregor spoke about his own earnings and net worth.

I'm glad Dana can make the kind of money he makes, but I also want to see the best fighters possible, and a little monetary incentive never hurt anyone.

Fight careers are short, and guys have to realize that, when they sign the dotted line to become a pro fighter.

Lyoto Machida's father would not let Lyoto fight until his son graduated college. Smart.

No shit, he owns a good chunk of the company.

Is capitalism bro.
The UFC is a business. It's about making money. Like it or not, we can't be blind to the fact that Presidents and CEOs of 99% of all companies make a shit ton more than employees, especially lower tier employees.

After the UFC sale, i don't doubt Cung's statement. It's really the fighters' fault though, Dana and the Fertittas have been making loads of cash off the blood, sweat, tears, and broken bones of their athletes for over a decade, and the fighters were willing to do it for them for peanuts...

Well that's pretty obvious that he's made that much.

Dana has worked for the UFC for 20 years, he works more than full time hours according to many accounts as well as weekends and holidays. Look at CEO pay, his isn't out of line for the amount of growth he is responsible for.

Compare that to most UFC fighters, who are with the company 3-5 years, and fight 2 to 3 times a year.

I think it is more than fair. I am not saying UFC fighter wouldn't be justified in wanting more money, but ya Dana makes more than any fighter because he put more into the company than any fighter, I would say Chuck is a close 2nd, which is why he gets paid to be a spokesperson even though no one can understand him when he talks.

Everyone else leaves to go pursue something better while Dana sticks back and tries to make the UFC better. That's why he gets those big dollars.

HjQAo.gif

Duh, the guy used to work almost 12 hours per day.
let them cash rain on him

Dana's networth is over 100 million plus his steak in the UFC was cashed out for hundreds of millions more. He is richer than all the fighter combined 100x over and LOL at somebody mentioning Conor.

Dana has had a longer career in the ufc then every ufc fighter

Our country is based on capitalism and free enterprise. None of these Fighters are forced to do their job. I can't think of any CEO of a company that doesn't make more than its employees.

Back