Cruz vs Beto Debate Thread live 7pm E.T.

I’ll I’m hearing is how close it is. People are saying it’s dead even. And I said I’d give points

I haven’t heard that at all. What I’m hearing is the surprise with the amount of support Beto is getting. There is a chance but it depends on how motivated minorities are with actually registering and voting. Hopefully Beto’s enthusiasm helps with that.

Ya at the end they asked both to say something nice about the other side. Beto said he respected Cruz's dedication to county even if he disagreed with his politics. Cruz said he respected Beto's commitment to big government and higher taxes even if he disagreed with the policy. Cruz did not come across as likable at that moment

Cruz is not likable at any moment

Beto O’Rourke Denies Trying To Flee Scene Of Drunken Car Crash, Challenging Police Reports

Police reports published by the Houston Chronicle on Aug. 30 show that the witness who called 9-1-1 told officers that O’Rourke “attempted to leave the scene” after losing control of his car and hitting a truck.

The witness “then turned on his over head lights to warn oncoming traffic and to try to get [O’Rourke] to stop,” the responding officer wrote.

O’Rourke, who is running against Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, was asked about the Chronicle’s report during the debate at Southern Methodist University.

“I did not try to leave the scene of the accident, though driving drunk, which I did, is a terrible mistake for which there is no excuse or justification or defense,” O’Rourke said, contradicting the witness account of the accident.
With a name like O’Rourke I don’t doubt it.
Bad times to forcibly kiss a child:
3. When they're trying to get away from a bus
Looks like sexual assault to me.

Cruz has got to be the slimiest career politician of them all. He's repulsive. There isn't a shred of authenticity within him. I hear him speak and all I can do is shudder that ppl like him are put in positions to represent us.

Cruz has got to be the slimiest career politician of them all. He's repulsive. There isn't a shred of authenticity within him. I hear him speak and all I can do is shudder that ppl like him are put in positions to represent us.

four and a half million people got out of bed, drove to vote, and actually thought to themselves that Ted Cruz should be in power. And then voted for him

The amount of support he's getting from this city (I live in El Paso) is really something. It wouldn't shock me if he pulls the upset.

What??? People in El Paso are going to vote for a Democrat? Shocking!!!!......Its not.

Last time the county voted for a Republican for US Senate was 94.

<seedat>

Last edited:
four and a half million people got out of bed, drove to vote, and actually thought to themselves that Ted Cruz should be in power. And then voted for him

It is a hundred percent true that Ted Cruz is not very well liked. That is the only reason this white privileged guy has a shot.

Imagine being a republican son of a judge who got off on two felonies because of who his father was.

Democrats talk about white privilege. They don't give a shit as long as you got a D next to the name

Ya at the end they asked both to say something nice about the other side. Beto said he respected Cruz's dedication to county even if he disagreed with his politics. Cruz said he respected Beto's commitment to big government and higher taxes even if he disagreed with the policy. Cruz did not come across as likable at that moment

"He is passionate and energetic and believes what he is fighting for"

Why did you leave that part off? Smh.

"He is passionate and energetic and believes what he is fighting for"

Why did you leave that part off? Smh.

If I was in Texas I'd vote for Cruz over Beto but he did not come across as very likeable in that video. And I did not omit anything since I did not quote anything at all. I was just describing the end as I saw it

If I was in Texas I'd vote for Cruz over Beto but he did not come across as very likeable in that video. And I did not omit anything since I did not quote anything at all. I was just describing the end as I saw it

Fair enough. but his first five or so sentences were complimentary.

It is a hundred percent true that Ted Cruz is not very well liked. That is the only reason this white privileged guy has a shot.

Imagine being a republican son of a judge who got off on two felonies because of who his father was.

Democrats talk about white privilege. They don't give a shit as long as you got a D next to the name

Has someone countered his story, that they declined to prosecute because all he'd done was jump the university fence?

Has someone countered his story, that they declined to prosecute because all he'd done was jump the university fence?

I'm not sure what their statement is on it.
what I do believe, his father's political status had something to do with the decision whether to prosecute or not.

So if it's a weak case (mischief) and he's the son of a judge, of course you drop it.

Who knows. Cruz is a master politician (his 2016 campaign was one of the most masterful I've ever seen), but we saw how good Donald Trump did despite having a shit campaign, a shit campaign team, zero policy knowledge, zero strategy, and a shit personality to boot.

I live in Houston and I don't ever remember this much excitement for a senate race. There's Beto signs and stickers everywhere. Loads of campaigning everywhere.

It'd be massive if Cruz loses.

If Cruz manages to lose this, how long before he grovels for a job in the administration?

Cruz was a National Debate Champion at Princeton...... but we saw how much that did for him in the primary in 2016.....
I was going to drop in and say that people often overrate the impact debates have. Sure, you can totally fucking blow it but like the TS in the OP most people will determine the "winner" based on where they stand on issues to begin with. In other words, if you say things the voters already agree with you won!

That opposed to how debates should function, which is to present sound, well-reasoned arguments.

But yeah, Trump won every debate in the eyes of his supporters quite soundly and he was devoid of substance! He simply branded them with a nickname and just yelled over them. Game over!

The ol wine/xanax power combo puttin in work
Speaking of Power Combo...
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I’ll I’m hearing is how close it is. People are saying it’s dead even. And I said I’d give points

Nobody is saying that.... Well Fox news may be but they are basically nobody

Back