Cro Cop says he was the only guy that had the balls to fight a prime Bob Sapp

which is scary, considering what he did to people and who those people were that he did those things to.

imagine if he was more like Wand in his mindset? he probably would've killed a few people by now in MMA.

Would have loved if a more competitive mind with a Wanderlei-esque killer instinct was in that Huge Imposing Body back then.

Then we'd see some real fireworks. Nogueira would probably have had a broken back though.

In case any potential MMA newbies on here haven't seen it, here's the context for Sapp "almost breaking Nogueira's spine" that Mirko is referring to:

40tiftmhf5zz.gif

Fake

Go watch both of his fights with Hoost and tell me that he couldn't take a punch.

Sapp 'couldn't take a punch' when he was intentionally throwing fights for money. When he actually wanted to fight, he might've been the most durable motherfucker ever.
Absolutely. He was kicked in the liver and the left straight from cro cop broke his orbital. It was after getting kicked in the head on the ground in the Fujita fight that he starting turning up for the paycheque but the man has never actually been knocked out.

If anyone thinks for a second that he wasn’t a paid heel, paid to lose, you are wrong. The WWE aspect was a real thing over there.

Bob Sapp wasn't a real fighter, he was brought to Japan as a "gaijin tarento", he was a comedian, an entertainer, and he was a fighter on the sidelines, like Bobby Ologun.

Crocop, who has the mindset of a real fighter, can't understand that, but him and Sapp are two different breeds.

Having said that, it's always beast time.

Sorry but this is just parroting ignorant newbie nonsense, ask Hoost whether Sapp was brought over as a "real fighter", indeed ask Nog when he was almost powerbombed though the mat.

Now Crocop smashing Sapp's face combined with his media fame did clearly lead to him losing interest in real fighting to the degree his form tailed off until he finally became a total joke we see today but Sapp in 02/03 was very legitimate indeed.

Someone like Bobby Ologun looked to follow more in the path of that latter TV celeb Sapp but was never really legit like early Sapp was.

Sapp with actual mma training and dedication to winning not just using his celebrity status to make quick dough and throw away fights would have been GOAT.

Sapp with actual mma training and dedication to winning not just using his celebrity status to make quick dough and throw away fights would have been GOAT.

That Sapp existed for a couple of years and Mirko personally ended him.

I love how there are people here telling a pro fighter he is wrong about a human he KNOWS and fought. If crocop says it the hes right

If only Sapp have proper training and proper mindset, he would be invincible.

H
In case any potential MMA newbies on here haven't seen it, here's the context for Sapp "almost breaking Nogueira's spine" that Mirko is referring to:

40tiftmhf5zz.gif
Had Sapp just stood up, he would have won.

Man, these JMMA/K1 guys are just delusional. Gotta wonder if they knew a lot of it was a work or if they're just that stupid.

K1 is an organization that let Sean O'Haire come in & fight their champion in Musashi. That'd be like if CM Punk came into the UFC & immediately fought Woodley. Nuff said.

It's not like the UFC would let an MMA illiterate like James Toney headline a card against Randy Couture or anything.

I remember when Bobbu Sappu had that altercation with Mike Tyson.

And Tyson was like sign the contract the bad boy... sign the contract.

And Sappu replies "I'll sign it blood punk"

I remember he was also a playable character in UFC undisputed 3

Back