Cro Cop says he was the only guy that had the balls to fight a prime Bob Sapp

Anyone remember the origins of Sapp.

He fought on the toughman competition against refrigerator Perry.

Phil baroni use to fight toughman as well.

Really ghetto, but fun boxing matches.

Phil once tried to knee a guy, crowd went nuts.

Fun times

Bob Sapp and Mike Tyson talking crap
Tyson was hilarious.

If he fights me under the Marcus of Queensbury ....lol

Sign the contract big boy

That was such a fun fighting era

In case any potential MMA newbies on here haven't seen it, here's the context for Sapp "almost breaking Nogueira's spine" that Mirko is referring to:

40tiftmhf5zz.gif

I love Yuji Shimada's reaction to the pile driver.

Would have loved if a more competitive mind with a Wanderlei-esque killer instinct was in that Huge Imposing Body back then.

Then we'd see some real fireworks. Nogueira would probably have had a broken back though.

remember when Goldberg was commentating the fight and basically pleading for Sapp not to flying stomp Nogueira because he genuinely sounded like he didn't want to see someone's head get crushed.

i remember the sound in his voice, and he sounded like he legit wanted Sapp to take it easy, it was mind blowing that this noob was on the brink of destroying the best MMA HW at that time.

Last edited:
luhjDI.gif

Still one of my favorite finishes of all time.

A true display of pain etched into his mug.
He always reminded me of a wounded tarantula.

Watched that fight in college and was so taken with the violence that I ended up missing my Chinese food delivery driver and got blacklisted from the place

People figured him out, he couldn't defend the single leg and once he lost that aura of invincibility his opponents weren't intimidated anymore and went for the kill. Sounds like Crocop couldn't understand him because he's punchdrunk.
This. Everyone should see Sapp vs. Fujita. Fujita easily took Sapp down and soccer kicked him to death, and this was BEFORE Sapp started throwing fights. Nog's mistake was double legging Sapp. Fujita was a big, strong wrestler and took the easy road by single legging Sapp. Sapp would lose to most 200+ pound wrestlers.

I remember when Bobbu Sappu had that altercation with Mike Tyson.

And Tyson was like sign the contract the bad boy... sign the contract.

And Sappu replies "I'll sign it blood punk"

I remember he was also a playable character in UFC undisputed 3

I remember him saying something like 'they call you dynamite? I'll put out your fuse'

That Sapp existed for a couple of years and Mirko personally ended him.

With all due respect to Mirko, who was an absolute killer, I think that's generous. As I understand it, Sapp's prime was probably less than a year, as he already had so many media and advertising obligations that he was barely training by the time he fought Cro Cop.

This. Everyone should see Sapp vs. Fujita. Fujita easily took Sapp down and soccer kicked him to death, and this was BEFORE Sapp started throwing fights. Nog's mistake was double legging Sapp. Fujita was a big, strong wrestler and took the easy road by single legging Sapp. Sapp would lose to most 200+ pound wrestlers.

Fujita beat him so easily and brutally, Bob probably didn't want to go through the embarrassment again

Crocop was roided to the gills in Japan. He felt he could beat anyone

Watched that fight in college and was so taken with the violence that I ended up missing my Chinese food delivery driver and got blacklisted from the place

Were you ordering from hop sing's?

LMAO

Do not deliver list!

I think Mirko is right. Most everybody Bob has lost to in his streak would get murdered if Bob took MMA as seriously as he takes arm wrestling

Fedor%2Bvs%2BBob%2BSapp%2Barm%2Bwrestling.gif

Fedor looks like he’s shitting a square turd and Bob is unphased

Back