Cro Cop says he was the only guy that had the balls to fight a prime Bob Sapp

People figured him out, he couldn't defend the single leg and once he lost that aura of invincibility his opponents weren't intimidated anymore and went for the kill. Sounds like Crocop couldn't understand him because he's punchdrunk.

It’s easy to knock on him now but consider how big a beast he was considered at the time

Bob Sapp wasn't a real fighter, he was brought to Japan as a "gaijin tarento", he was a comedian, an entertainer, and he was a fighter on the sidelines, like Bobby Ologun.

Crocop, who has the mindset of a real fighter, can't understand that, but him and Sapp are two different breeds.

Having said that, it's always beast time.

I never knew there was a "prime" Sapp. I always assumed "Sapp was Sapp" based on his ENTIRE fighting career.
Bob is one of the clearest examples of prime vs non prime, and the difference is cavernous. In his prime he was a world-class HW based entirely on freakish physical attributes (that he never bothered to develop great technique with) and an incredible chin. Past (mental) prime he's a jobber who doesn't have any desire to win fights or any willingness to absorb damage.

Truth is Bob's heart was never really in it, much more of an entertainer than a fighter mentally.

Last edited:
Probably made a few bucks doing that. Alpha Ariel called him out on his show once - one of the funniest interviews ever.
“You’ve lost your mind Bob, you’re insane Bob” P4P one of the greatest quotes in the history of our sport

Last edited:
Joe Rogan says that Fedor ducked him in pride

2002-2005 Sapp wasnt that bad, something happened in 2006 then it was all downhill from there. To me he has always been one of the biggest what if's in MMA.

Big Nog got ran over by a truck as a kid. Like he gives a fudge about tard sapp powerbombing him

Nogueiras spine almost disagreed!

40tiftmhf5zz.gif

"Cro Cop says he was the only guy that had the balls to fight a prime Bob Sap""

Was ever such a thing as " Prime Bob Sapp"??....

Probably the bravest of them was Kiyoshi Tamura..!

Dude was like 155lbs lighter than him...he scored a lowkick...and just got mauled by Sapp after that...

Bob is one of the clearest examples of prime vs non prime, and the difference is cavernous. In his prime he was a world-class HW based entirely on freakish physical attributes (that he never bothered to develop great technique with) and an incredible chin. Past (mental) prime he's a jobber who doesn't have any desire to win fights or any willingness to absorb damage.

Truth is Bob's heart was never really in it, much more of an entertainer than a fighter mentally.

which is scary, considering what he did to people and who those people were that he did those things to.

imagine if he was more like Wand in his mindset? he probably would've killed a few people by now in MMA.

luhjDI.gif

Still one of my favorite finishes of all time.

A true display of pain etched into his mug.

Thi moment got me in K-1, than Pride and then UFC. Such a strong moment.

Back