Critique My Deadlift Form Please

Careful of assumptions. There's an open invite to my gym for anyone who wants to roll with me. I'll make the time.

... And I'll post the video here.

I'm just going off the information given. If you don't enjoy watching Mighty Mouse skillfully do everything for 25mins. Your not a student of the game. Your some guy that has issues and likes to get his aggresion out by hurting people. There is a great difference between the two.

There you go, now I'm not training at the volume of a professional fighter (nor will I ever). But eventually when I'm not in such a caloric deficit I would like to train daily. Twice days when I lift. And before you say "he never said active fighter blah blah" Were on a MMA training forum. Were talking about my goals.

You'll have to stop referencing a 2xBW deadlift as "heavier".

2xBW is a great bench, not deadlift. A 2xBW deadlift is insanely easy to achieve. The bar could not be lower.

When did Jim say that 2.5BW DL is average for an active fighter?

Edit*

My mistake, I thought he put 2.5x BW DL (he might have edited) or he might have typo'd or he might just be an idiot. I was talking about my top end goal would be 2.5x BW DL (which everyone seems to think is super light for someone active in martial arts...) and I said that as the weights get heavier (2xBW DL) the shoes may cause problems as some people have said. If they do I will take them off.

That when he said 2xBW DL isn't considered "heavier".

Last edited:
Alrght I'm seriously out. I know my shit, I know I'm right, and I know what I got to do.

There you go, now I'm not training at the volume of a professional fighter (nor will I ever). But eventually when I'm not in such a caloric deficit I would like to train daily. Twice days when I lift. And before you say "he never said active fighter blah blah" Were on a MMA training forum. Were talking about my goals.

The Mods have made it very clear that F13 is not about people training S&C for MMA, but about people training S&C in general.

You are not an active fighter.

None of what Jim said is inaccurate. 2xBW DL is very easy to achieve. Any able bodied man should be able to achieve a 2xBW DL in under a year of weight training. Most I've worked with have hit in within 6 months.

I don't think a single collegiate wrestler I work with has less than a 2BW DL.

My deadlift timeline:

Started with mixed-grip and barefoot
Ended with hook grip and Oly shoes, because I didn't want to go barefoot in a gym and I have the shoes for squatting.
Went from Conventional to Sumo.

My input would be this: change the motor patterns 1-2 per year or do 2 variations at the same time.

If you're not competing and have to abide by specific rules, then get strong in multiple positions.

Also, don't deadlift with a dildo.

I had to say something because some kid (like me years ago) is going to read this thread and think he has to do EXACTLY like this fuck head is saying. He will go to the gym, hate the process, quit then die from heart disease in his 30's.

This is the best thing I've ever read. This can't be real.

Next time someone calls me whiney, or says that I blame others I'm gonna show them this thread. Fucking manchild can't accept he's sub-par cause of his balls.

Next time someone calls me whiney, or says that I blame others I'm gonna show them this thread. Fucking manchild can't accept he's sub-par cause of his balls.
Get ready to feel Kyle's wrath, brah.

This actually might be one of the best threads in the forum's history.

I'm just wondering when Viskovitz is going to start his deadlift form check thread.

I think Oblivion said it best when responding to Kyle in 2011:
:icon_conf No, they are in different categories. Squats and Deadlifts are powerlifting lifts. At no point in time should you describe a Deadlift and Back Squat as Oly lifting. You are the type of person that can never admit when they are wrong, and thus, you will have trouble correcting your errors. You have displayed this in every fucking thread that you've started.

Lol he just immediately shot down all the polite feedback he received.

It's pretty bad when post #11 is a mod asking you:

Why are you asking for critiques if you're just negating them?

I use straps with way less than 500kg because my hands can't hold the barbell and there's nothing wrong with that. Y just don't go over/under nor hook grip so straps are fine.

Well yeah because 500kg is heavy as shit. 500lbs not so much.

Back