Critique My Deadlift Form Please

I just came to the realization I probably know more about Lifting them the majority of you...I certainly know more then Jim. I can tell from out conversation. Like I said before, knowing and doing are two different things.

Now I've wasted enough time. I need to get back to doing.
lol holy shit i didn't think this thread could get better.

sherdog bless <3

Thank you for a well written and respectful response. I have deadlifted barefoot. I do have flat type shoes. Honestly as this point I prefer my WL shoes. I just feel strong in them. I feel like I can really dig my legs into the ground at the start of the lift. I've listened to the guys. when the weights start getting heavier (2x BW) maybe it will cause problems. If it does I'll just take the shoes off...But honestly I think overall this well help. It will help cue into getting more leg drive with or without the shoes. And finally I'm really enjoying pulling in these shoes. It feels good and I'm going to take every advantage I can to keep forming this habit of lifting regularly and trying to get into shape.
Thank you for a well written and respectful response. I have deadlifted barefoot. I do have flat type shoes. Honestly as this point I prefer my WL shoes. I just feel strong in them. I feel like I can really dig my legs into the ground at the start of the lift. I've listened to the guys. when the weights start getting heavier (2x BW) maybe it will cause problems. If it does I'll just take the shoes off...But honestly I think overall this well help. It will help cue into getting more leg drive with or without the shoes. And finally I'm really enjoying pulling in these shoes. It feels good and I'm going to take every advantage I can to keep forming this habit of lifting regularly and trying to get into shape.

Fair enough. Just keep pulling and always use good form.

I have posted a few videos about recovering after an injury, particularly deadlifts. I got tons of feedback, and a lot of it was sarcastic or rude. Everything from bar position, starting position, jerking the weight, shoes, my lame Tapout shorts, "flabby Cain arms", etc.

Don't come here if you want people to be sweet and say nice things. It's the internet, and people are going to be dicks, but if you wade through the bullshit, you'll see that even people who may not be saying it nicely, may actually be giving legit advice.

What you need to do is say to yourself that "People will be assholes about it, but they might actually be telling you something that you really need to consider".

I took it all to the gym and have changed my form up in a big way. I never had a hard time getting stronger, but I kept getting hurt, so something needs work, and now I've been steadily progressing through every PR every block, and I feel better than ever.

There's a lot of valuable information here, and you may have to sift through shit to find those gold nuggets, but don't get offended when people are dicks. Just smile, nod, and polish those turds until you find something to work with.

And please don't say "I don't talk, I just do" when you posted a video of 275lb deadlifts asking for criticism in the damned title.

I came across another form check thread OP started on another forum.

He's clearly using an advanced deadlift form superior to the one your feeble ass uses. He knows shit maaaaaaaaan.

I was going to say "Kyle is that you?!" when I saw this posted on FB but resorted to a more cryptic message...

And unless you 250lbs and solid muscle. Your not deadlifting 600+lbs while training MMA. Unless your on gear.

Well, that's fucking white bellt rolling in basketball shorts, cardio kickboxing in UFC gloves, JV for life bullshit right there. Speek four you'reself;

I think someone pulling in WL shoes with straps is fine, especially if they are lifting to assist other sports.

I think someone pulling in WL shoes with straps is fine, especially if they are lifting to assist other sports.

If you were lifting to assist other sports, I'm pretty sure you'd still want to deadlift in the best/most beneficial way possible.

You know, because it'd assist those other sports more effectively.

@JimRussel A proper WL deadlift will get him what he needs as far as combat sports are concerned. I am thinking straps and shoes are what it takes to get him to train any form of deadlift, so in cases like this i would take some over none.
Big Kyle's ego and attitude leads me believe that he is not going to follow through with any advice that would anything significant in combat sports or strength sports, at this point he might as well do what he enjoys or what comes easiest, like all the other casual gym goers that keep treading water.

@JimRussel A proper WL deadlift will get him what he needs as far as combat sports are concerned. I am thinking straps and shoes are what it takes to get him to train any form of deadlift, so in cases like this i would take some over none.
Big Kyle's ego and attitude leads me believe that he is not going to follow through with any advice that would anything significant in combat sports or strength sports, at this point he might as well do what he enjoys or what comes easiest, like all the other casual gym goers that keep treading water.

Lmao I think its hilarious you're all so rattled Id choose to lift in shoes and defend my right to do so your stalking me. That picture was taken when I was working in a Day Camp for children. I was in the parade with some kids and one of the little girls gave me the tiara to wear. I put it on to get a few laughs and break some stereotypes. It doesn't bother me in the least you have it as your Display pic, I had it as my display pic on facebook for the longest time.

Haha I always wondered what happened to the jack ass's when they graduated highschool. Now I know, they came to the S&C sherdog forum.

All this hate because I like to wear WL shoes when deadlifting lol.

Back