Cris Cyborg doesn’t want to fight Amanda Nunes ‘because Brazil vs. Brazil is not cool’

"I’d fight Amanda, but I have no interest in fighting her,” Cyborg said during a media day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. "We’re two Brazilians, and that would ‘kill' one Brazilian. Why kill one if we’re representing the same country? It’s us against the world."

"But if it’s an interesting fight for the fans, if they want this one day, we can do it,” Cyborg said. "It’s like ‘Claudinha’ (Gadelha) fighting Jessica (Andrade at UFC Japan). I don’t think it would be cool because we’re Brazilians, but I’d do it. I would avoid it, because Brazil vs Brazil is not cool, and I think fans would be split."

"I’d fight Amanda, but I have no interest in fighting her,” Cyborg said during a media day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. "We’re two Brazilians, and that would ‘kill' one Brazilian. Why kill one if we’re representing the same country? It’s us against the world."

"But if it’s an interesting fight for the fans, if they want this one day, we can do it,” Cyborg said. "It’s like ‘Claudinha’ (Gadelha) fighting Jessica (Andrade at UFC Japan). I don’t think it would be cool because we’re Brazilians, but I’d do it. I would avoid it, because Brazil vs Brazil is not cool, and I think fans would be split."

Hey, look, I can do that too:

Last edited:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...d-fight-with-fellow-ufc-champion-amanda-nunes

<Dana05>

I shit on Brazilians a lot here. This is why

All better fighters than Cyborg has ever fought.

Most real fighters lose, because they fight other real fighters. lol

Yea genius that would explain why every top tier WMMA fighter is absolutely terrified of fighting her. How many people are scared to FIGHT Machida, Chael, or soon to be retired after she fights Cyborg Cat Zingano?

Dumas.

Virtually every top fighter does.
The only exceptions would be people who get overranked based on guess what, crushing cans and the eye test (such as Almeida when he ranked top 5 with his best win being mid tier Pickett).

they should book this fight in their home country I'd wanna see who would they cheer for more and would they boo one if the fight ended in nasty ko or sub

Hey, look, I can do that too:

How do you not understand "I don't want to, but I would if there was enough fans asking for it" ?
I don't like this stupid "Brazilian shouldn't fight Brazilian" garbage, but Cyborg isn't the first to say it. She isn't LOOKING to fight a fellow Brazilian, but she would if she had to. It's pretty simple to understand.
Other fighters have said the same thing about not wanting to fight guys from their same camp.

How do you not understand "I don't want to, but I would if there was enough fans asking for it" ?
I don't like this stupid "Brazilian shouldn't fight Brazilian" garbage, but Cyborg isn't the first to say it. She isn't LOOKING to fight a fellow Brazilian, but she would if she had to. It's pretty simple to understand.
Other fighters have said the same thing about not wanting to fight guys from their same camp.

She is determined to avoid the fight and wants nothing to do with it. That's pretty simple to understand. 'Other fighters...' I don't care what other fighters have said. We're talking about Cyborg. B-b-but so and so said it too is not an argument. '...the first to say' No one said she was. 'had to' Nobody has to fight another opponent, particularly when they're not in the same weight class. 'Had to' means never.

What's the big deal.? She said she would fight her for the fans but it isn't a fight that she's interested in personally because of her nationality. Nothing new. We hear this all the time from people of certain nationalities. You punk ass sherdoggers are forever looking for a reason to hate. Pathetic.

Last edited:
She is determined to avoid the fight and wants nothing to do with it. That's pretty simple to understand. 'Other fighters...' I don't care what other fighters have said. We're talking about Cyborg. B-b-but so and so said it too is not an argument. 'had to' Nobody has to fight another opponent, particularly when they're not in the same weight class. 'Had to' means means never.
Lol you are the saltiest hater of all time. Just simply incapable of thinking reasonably when it comes to Cyborg.
"She is determined to avoid the fight ", even though she said she would fight. If she was actually "determined to avoid the fight" then she could have just flat out said "I don't want to fight another Brazilian. Period."
So you think she's ducking Amanda then, out of fear?

Lol you are the saltiest hater of all time. Just simply incapable of thinking reasonably when it comes to Cyborg.
"She is determined to avoid the fight ", even though she said she would fight. If she was actually "determined to avoid the fight" then she could have just flat out said "I don't want to fight another Brazilian. Period."
So you think she's ducking Amanda then, out of fear?

Reading is not as difficult as you make it out to be. 'even though...' She says flat out that she plans to avoid the fight. So yes, she is determined to avoid the fight. Period.

If the 145 division gained a new Irish champion I'm pretty sure we'd here Connor with the same sentiment. Of course all this can change if one fighter decides to trash talk and challenge the other in the other's division.

It doesn't sell much here, tbh.
Brazilians prefere when it's Team Brazil vs somewhere else. It's cultural.
That changes when there is a personal beef.
I don't care about that nowadays, but most of the people treat any sports event as Brazil vs the world and ouro media encourages that.

What's the big deal.? She said she would fight her for the fans but it isn't a fight that she's interested in personally because of her nationality. Nothing new. We hear this all the time from people of certain nationalities. You punk ass sherdoggers are forever looking for a reason to hate. Pathetic.
Cyborg is content fighting nonathletic schlubs that she personally handpicks. Whenever she has been given an opportunity (or presented with the idea) to fight someone of a different caliber, she says 'no thanks'. That's a big deal. We don't have to look far for reasons to hate Cyborg. She hand-delivers us plenty.

Reading is not as difficult as you make it out to be. 'even though...' She says flat out that she plans to avoid the fight. So yes, she is determined to avoid the fight. Period.

You keep getting stuck on words 'avoid' and 'determined', words she never used. If this post is your evidence for her being "determined" to avoid the fight, then you should invest in a dictionary.
It doesn't matter, she doesn't want to fight Amanda. That isn't being debated.
You cannot want to do something and still end up doing it, as she SAID she would multiple times in that message

LOL the excuses haters try to pin on her...

Nunes also said she had no interest in fighting Cyborg (for the same reason), but let's bash Cyborg for it.

Cyborg is content fighting nonathletic schlubs that she personally handpicks. Whenever she has been given an opportunity (or presented with the idea) to fight someone of a different caliber, she says 'no thanks'. That's a big deal. We don't have to look far for reasons to hate Cyborg. She hand-delivers us plenty.
Uhhhh...both Holly and Tate said they'd fight her...and then they both disappeared when Cyborg surfaced

I took:

... as she is not afraid to fight her & is not ducking, but she won't because of the Brazil factor.
Saying she would "avoid it" leads me that way

It does read both ways though

You keep getting stuck on words 'avoid' and 'determined', words she never used. If this post is your evidence for her being "determined" to avoid the fight, then you should invest in a dictionary.
It doesn't matter, she doesn't want to fight Amanda. That isn't being debated.
You cannot want to do something and still end up doing it, as she SAID she would multiple times in that message

You're a bullshit artist.

"I would avoid it, because Brazil vs Brazil is not cool, and I think fans would be split."

See the word 'avoid'? Yeah, she used it. As for 'determined'...

"having a strong feeling that you are or aren't going to do something"

That perfectly describes what Cyborg intimated.

Back