Cris Cyborg doesn’t want to fight Amanda Nunes ‘because Brazil vs. Brazil is not cool’

"But if it’s an interesting fight for the fans, if they want this one day, we can do it,” Cyborg said.

When the TS /thread himself in the op...

MMA is not a team sport.

This woman does my head in, in the brief moments wherein she isn't moaning about something, she is turning down a fight for some nonsensical and illogical reason.

"I don't want to fight in NY"
"I can't diet for 6 months to fight Ronda"
"No Brazil vs Brazil"

Just do one back to the bush leagues.

I blame him for 90% of how cyborg acts. He tweets and then she plays along. The victim role will never work lol.

Yeah. I wondered why some Tweets were in broken Engrish and painful to read, while others were perfectly literate and Sherdog witty. He probably orchestrated the hijab stunt as well. I've been too hard on her.

Not really.

MMA is not a team sport.

This woman does my head in, in the brief moments wherein she isn't moaning about something, she is turning down a fight for some nonsensical and illogical reason.

"I don't want to fight in NY"
"I can't diet for 6 months to fight Ronda"
"No Brazil vs Brazil"

Just do one back to the bush leagues.

I can't stand her
Nothing makes her happy & nothing UFC has done the past 2 years is good enough
Everything is an issue

It's not her ideal matchup but she would do it if the fight was offered.

She did not say she would take it if the fight were offered. She said if the fans were interested. The fans are very interested and have been for quite some time and she's still saying no. So I expect Cyborg to continue pretending that the fans are only interested in the BW's she cherrypicks.

Cyborg's fans are always pointing out that it's not her fault she has so few credible opponents. What do you think of her justification for avoiding one of the few BWs people think might match up with her well?

I don't think she's afraid of Nunes, and I'd favor her over Nunes, but she's unnecessarily rejecting one of only two or three decent match ups for herself in WMMA.
Nunes fights a full weight class below her and she clearly states she will fight her if need be.... you just are reaching.

I can't stand her
Nothing makes her happy & nothing UFC has done the past 2 years is good enough
Everything is an issue

Butcher.gif

When the top brass of the UFC including Dana White, Joe Rogan have blatantly attacked her...referring to her as a man with a johnson...do you really blame her?

What other elite athletes at her level has been treated this way?

Many women in her shoes wouldn't even fight for the UFC after what has been said.

There clearly are double standards. Dana would never in a million years talk about the cowardice talentless fraud that is RONDA ROUSEY this way. If he did fans would riot.

There is so much unjustified hate towards Cris Cyborg...its ridiculous.

#double standards

Nunes fights a full weight class below her

Which doesn't make a difference. Cyborg has a history of calling out fighters from one weight class while fighting in another.

and she clearly states she will fight her if need be.... you just are reaching.

She clearly states that she's going to avoid it and wants nothing to do with it.

Which doesn't make a difference. Cyborg has a history of calling out fighters from one weight class while fighting in another.

She clearly states that she's going to avoid it and wants nothing to do with it.

Coolidges list of peasant favorite fighters speaks for itself.

#troll

Maybe cyborg is from Dutch heritage, thats why GDR ducked her

Back