Crazy things that Christians and Republicans believe

Do you believe God created Adam from dust and Eve from his rib? Do you descend from dirt and ribs?

I'm not sure on how much of evolution is correct.

Yep, ain't God great?

As for evolution... i didnt think so. Not too many people like the idea of descending from a fish. The fact people argue like this is scientifically proven is hilarious

68394-004-C6B36CCB.jpg

Cartoon-global-warming-is-a-hoax.gif

Was this supposed to be retarded? Because if it was you nailed it. Most Christians think the moon landing was a fake? What?

Great meme for a thread called "Crazy things Christians and Republicans believe".
Isaac Newton was a Christian who believed in God as a creator "Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done."
Galileo, despite his conflict with the Church, was a Christian. He thought religion and science can co-exist. "Let us therefore render thanks to Almighty God, who in His beneficence protects us from this clangor by depriving such persons of all authority, reposing the power of consultation, decision, and decree on such important matters in the high wisdom and benevolence of most prudent".
"With regard to this argument, I think in the first place that it is very pious to say and prudent to affirm that the holy Bible can never speak untruth".
Darwin subscribed to classic and mid-victorian liberalism, somewhere between today's left and right.
Einstein is the only atheistic lefty on the list.
Exactly...Einstein is the only atheist....except for Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, Roger Penrose, Richard Feynman, Niels Bohr, Hans Bethe, Abe Maslow, Bertrand Russell, Pierre Curie, Bob Oppenheimer, Paul Dirac, Sigmund Freud, Francis Crick, Fred Hoyle, Marv Minsky, Alfred Nobel

And I'm done typing, and that's off the top of my head. Maybe you should not type things of which you know very little.

And for the scientists that you quoted, it was always science first and the god of gaps second.

But what do I know. You have the answers.

Was this supposed to be retarded? Because if it was you nailed it. Most Christians think the moon landing was a fake? What?
You went too far. You should stopped at "Christians think?"

They believe that dramatically disproportionate tax cuts to those at the top produce long term economic benefits and job creation.

They are deficit hawks when Democrats are in power, but don't care once Republicans are in power.

They believe climate change is a hoax or we simply don't know enough to do anything about it, despite the fact that big oil is now concerned about it and there is a scientific consensus.

They believe coal is the future (ok, that one is just Trump and a few other loonies).

They believe that those receiving safety net benefits are lazy and should just work (and cutting benefits forces them to work), but disregard the fact that most are old, disabled or are children and also ignore natural economic cycles that cause some of this.

As for the religious stuff, there are people on the left that believe crazy shit too, but for the most part denial of evolution seems to be overwhelmingly a right wing thing.

Last edited:
KONE made the opposite version of this thread and it was quickly dumped, but this one stands

WR mods lmao

{<jordan}

I wish KONE was here to tell us about the 4th floor shooter.

The joke is that thinking evolution of humans from apes and man-caused global warming are hoaxes are the same level of crazy as thinking the moon landings are fake.

As for the religious stuff, there are people on the left that believe crazy shit too, but for the most part denial of evolution seems to be overwhelmingly a right wing thing.
That's true. The left generally believes in evolution -- random mutations selected for by natural selection -- but religiously freaks out at the idea of racial intelligence differences just like the right wing freaks out at man-made global warming. Lols

That's true. The left generally believes in evolution -- random mutations selected for by natural selection -- but religiously freaks out at the idea of racial intelligence differences just like the right wing freaks out man-made global warming. Lols
Yup. The left is generally better with issues of science but they freak out at that one.

Exactly...Einstein is the only atheist....except for Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, Roger Penrose, Richard Feynman, Niels Bohr, Hans Bethe, Abe Maslow, Bertrand Russell, Pierre Curie, Bob Oppenheimer, Paul Dirac, Sigmund Freud, Francis Crick, Fred Hoyle, Marv Minsky, Alfred Nobel

And I'm done typing, and that's off the top of my head. Maybe you should not type things of which you know very little.
Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension because it's not very good.

@franklinstower

Some strange questions for you . . . well, I'll start with one:

Were you in a cult for awhile?

That legitimately made me laugh out loud!!! Gold man....

Are you so secluded that you really don't know any Christians that think differently than you do? LOL... I find this to be the one of the funniest things that has happened to me in a very long time.

i also want to say that I love you as a brother in Christ first and foremost. I mean that and if we keep having this exchange I want that not to be lost in any way. Being a saved Christian with an intense relationship with Christ that radiates outward to save others is not incompatible with being a democrat, believing in evolution, or global warming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, Unitarian Christian (loosely titled)

You are a Unitarian which means you don't really believe in anything.

Asked if he belonged to any organized religion, the man responded, "Oh no; I'm a Unitarian Universalist."

How Many Unitarians does it take to change a light bulb?

We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that light bulbs work for you, that is fine. You are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your personal relationship with your light bulb, and present it next month at our annual Light Bulb Sunday Service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, three-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.

That legitimately made me laugh out loud!!! Gold man....

Are you so secluded that you really don't know any Christians that think differently than you do? LOL... I find this to be the one of the funniest things that has happened to me in a very long time.

i also want to say that I love you as a brother in Christ first and foremost. I mean that and if we keep having this exchange I want that not to be lost in any way. Being a saved Christian with an intense relationship with Christ that radiates outward to save others is not incompatible with being a democrat, believing in evolution, or global warming.

No seriously, this would be one of the weirdest coincidences I have been involved with.

Also, generally speaking, I do believe the majority of practicing Christians find themselves aligning with the Republican party. Obviously there may be Democrat Christians, but I think generally they'd be fairly ignorant of the party, it's politics and it's leaders. And/or young and naive.

No seriously, this would be one of the weirdest coincidences I have been involved with.

Also, generally speaking, I do believe the majority of practicing Christians find themselves aligning with the Republican party. Obviously there may be Democrat Christians, but I think generally they'd be fairly ignorant of the party, it's politics and it's leaders. And/or young and naive.

I was once, in the very begining of my Christian walk like you in this way. I was "right" but the holy Spirit had different plans for me. I believe it was due to the man who helped become to know Christ and strongly believed in prayer, spending a good three hours a day in it.

He told me that being born again was just the beginning of a number of experiences with Christ each one more encompassing and radical than the next that would happen if I did not get distracted by sin.

He told me that the most opinionated and self righteous of Christians are the ones who have had only the first born again experience because they can always look back at how it WAS before being saved and how much better it is now. If you have more though, the Holy Spirit convicts the new saved you of being full of crap and this causes a deeper spiritual and intellectual humility due to seeing how even our spiritual opinions were largely fueled by ego and sin.

I avoid political discussions so I only want to say this. Seeing the divide politically apparent in the Christian community makes me crave a more robust democracy where many issues, especially wedge issues could be voted on directly rather than by party. This would help a lot to heal them political divide based on religion in our country. In not even saying we should do THIS, just that I wish we could.

That's true. The left generally believes in evolution -- random mutations selected for by natural selection -- but religiously freaks out at the idea of racial intelligence differences just like the right wing freaks out at man-made global warming. Lols

Intelligence is a polygenic trait and thus very difficult to ascertain what genetic variations would influence a difference either way. Environmental variables also play an enormous role in brain development so it would be a real challenge in forming various control groups. In the future it may be shown that genetics is at least partially responsible for difference in intelligence but we are a long ways away from that.

They believe in a magical sky father who no one has ever seen.

So does the majority of the people on the planet. By quite a large margin, I might add.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but pinning that trait on Christians alone, is rather unfair.

I was once, in the very begining of my Christian walk like you in this way. I was "right" but the holy Spirit had different plans for me. I believe it was due to the man who helped become to know Christ and strongly believed in prayer, spending a good three hours a day in it.

He told me that being born again was just the beginning of a number of experiences with Christ each one more encompassing and radical than the next that would happen if I did not get distracted by sin.

He told me that the most opinionated and self righteous of Christians are the ones who have had only the first born again experience because they can always look back at how it WAS before being saved and how much better it is now. If you have more though, the Holy Spirit convicts the new saved you of being full of crap and this causes a deeper spiritual and intellectual humility due to seeing how even our spiritual opinions were largely fueled by ego and sin.

Okay, this is so weird though. I might already know you in real life.

Were you raised by a step mom who passed away, sadly?

I avoid political discussions so I only want to say this. Seeing the divide politically apparent in the Christian community makes me crave a more robust democracy where many issues, especially wedge issues could be voted on directly rather than by party. This would help a lot to heal them political divide based on religion in our country. In not even saying we should do THIS, just that I wish we could.

I think generally politics are divisive. So I'm glad for a secret ballot.

But this is the most divided I've ever seen America (and The West generally). And to me it started around the time of the million man march on Washington DC, honestly. The work of The Muslim Brotherhood through it's various supported Muslim organizations has heightened and fueled a divide, gathering even, the disenfranchised and insecure who seek significance in a militant, angry, bitter and supposedly agrieved demographic.

Despite what people believe, there actually was significant healing that had taken place in the 70s and 80s. Even into the early 90s prior to the Rodney King coverage which was used by the dividers, unquestionably.

My best friend is of Oriental descent, and we were talking on the phone the other day and I was relating how as young kids and through my teens (even into my 20s), the large group of friends I grew up with didn't even have any racist, "black" jokes. Literally, when we told jokes as kids we always used our own individual racial backgrounds if there needed to be a butt of the joke. I know people might not believe this in 2017, but I truly believe there are many of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s who didn't even participate in the smallest of ways with racism.

Interestingly, show's like "Different Strokes" "The facts of Life," "The Cosby Show," and in the early nineties, "The Fresh Prince Bel-Air" and "Family Matters" hardly spent any time at all on racial matters. They represented a much more unified time even within the black community. But I digress.

Intelligence is a polygenic trait and thus very difficult to ascertain what genetic variations would influence a difference either way. Environmental variables also play an enormous role in brain development so it would be a real challenge in forming various control groups. In the future it may be shown that genetics is at least partially responsible for difference in intelligence but we are a long ways away from that.

I'm not saying it's proven but this kind of reasoning is just

Cope
o
p
e

It's not proven but it's like 99% probable and you're pulling technicalities with that 1% just to fit or make possible some a belief that you want to be true. Ideologues and religious people do this.

Back