CPAC communication director: We (the RNC) elected Michael Steele because he was a Black guy

I really like him.
I hate this kind of political back stabbing and hackery.
Right, he is one of the sane ones. And Republicans should like him too given how successful they were during his term.

We'll see how things play out now that Republicans have abandoned some key positions like being the party of "family values" and diving deeper into the race stuff. They can quickly become a party that only appeals to racists.

So?

The Democrats nominated Obama over Hillary in 2008 because he was black.

Blacks put in political positions they're not qualified for, is a bipartisan issue.
No they didn't. They nominated Obama over Hillary (despite Hillary being the favorite going in) because he was a much better candidate and more popular.

Well, his approval ratings are higher than Obama's at this presidency.

But, its all about perspective.
Also untrue. Trump broke the record for approval ratings after one year. You're also (quite ridiculously) leaving out one critical factor: the economy. Obama took over during a recession and after the economy improved his ratings went way up and left office popular. Trump took over during a very strong economy and his ratings are terrible.

What's happening in the world, you know, context, really matters. That aside from you being factually wrong.

Right, he is one of the sane ones. And Republicans should like him too given how successful they were during his term.

We'll see how things play out now that Republicans have abandoned some key positions like being the party of "family values" and diving deeper into the race stuff. They can quickly become a party that only appeals to racists.
They're most of the way to a split IMO.
It's vitally important that sane Republicans survive. Trump Republicans have abandoned principles in favor of winning at any cost.

They're most of the way to a split IMO.
It's vitally important that sane Republicans survive. Trump Republicans have abandoned principles in favor of winning at any cost.
Yeah, they're split but I think the sane ones are in the minority at this point. It's Trump's party now.

There's a few ex-posters who have been mentioned frequently , long after they left. Kippy/Hollywood Nicky is 1. Jigga, Lubaolong and that Korean chick (can't recall name right now) are a few more.
Go back further and guys like Conanmemories and gottimcaren were the same but no one got triggered at their mention like these snowflakes do with Rip lol

Also untrue. Trump broke the record for approval ratings after one year. You're also (quite ridiculously) leaving out one critical factor: the economy. Obama took over during a recession and after the economy improved his ratings went way up and left office popular. Trump took over during a very strong economy and his ratings are terrible.

What's happening in the world, you know, context, really matters. That aside from you being factually wrong.

I'm right. You're wrong.

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

By comparison, President Obama earned 44% approval on this date in the second year of his presidency."

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb26

Not exactly a story CNN would report gleefuly.

No they didn't. They nominated Obama over Hillary (despite Hillary being the favorite going in) because he was a much better candidate and more popular.

And... he had how many days in the Senate before announcing his Presidential run?

While Hillary was the first lady for eight years, and a Senator for multiple years after that.

His approval rating at CPAC actually went up from last year....
Right and look at the topics and the coverage. Trump has taken over the party but the saddest part to me is there are only a handful of Republican leaders that will actually stand up to Trump, even knowing that their party is in danger for the long haul. It's just more evidence that they're not principled.

I'm right. You're wrong.

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

By comparison, President Obama earned 44% approval on this date in the second year of his presidency."

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb26

That's what is called cherry picking data. Literally hundreds of other polls show Trump as breaking the record low for approval ratings after one year.

What's sad and hilarious though is that even when you pick the most generous poll he is still sub-50%.

And you also failed to address context again, which is a main point of my post.

And... he had how many days in the Senate before announcing his Presidential run?

While Hillary was the first lady for eight years, and a Senator for multiple years after that.

What's your point? You were factually wrong. Obama was simply more popular and was not nominated for being black.

I'm right. You're wrong.

rwtYhAT.png

<puh-lease75>

We'll just ignore that Rasmussen is a full 9 points more optimistic than every other poll on the list for that time period right?

Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) communication director Ian Walters sparked controversy with what was seen as a racially charged insult on Friday night.

Walters said told hundreds of dinner guests, "We elected Mike Steele as chairman because he was a black guy, that was the wrong thing to do."

Steele was near the back of the room at the time. He said Walters' remarks show "a lack of maturity and a lack of understanding of the work we did and the work we continue to do."

-

https://amp.businessinsider.com/for...le-responds-to-racial-insult-cpac-2018-2018-2

The GOP was trying to shed its reputation as anti-Black and tried to attract conservative leaning African Americans, so they choose Steel. That's not to say Steele was bad at his job, because I have no idea how well he handled the job.

Conservatives are all stuck in the 1950's, in the worst way possible. Between this and cheers when the Moore's used having a jewish lawyer as a defense to being antisemetic.

Conservatives are the only people who think it is normal to say "I'm not racist but . . ." followed by something incredibly racist.

rwtYhAT.png

<puh-lease75>

We'll just ignore that Rasmussen is a full 9 points more optimistic than every other poll on the list for that time period right?
Thanks for bringing evidence to the point I made. Even fucking Fox news has him at 43% and they suck Trump's dick non-stop.

Conservatives are all stuck in the 1950's, in the worst way possible. Between this and cheers when the Moore's used having a jewish lawyer as a defense to being antisemetic.

Conservatives are the only people who think it is normal to say "I'm not racist but . . ." followed by something incredibly racist.

Conservatives want to conserve / preserve, the traditional power structure. It's the same anywhere in the world.

Go back further and guys like Conanmemories and gottimcaren were the same but no one got triggered at their mention like these snowflakes do with Rip lol

I mentioned Conan a few times, because he was such a stereotypical Fox News , FreeRepublic propaganda shill. So when I notice new posters posting in the same manner, I namedrop Conan.

Conservatives want to conserve / preserve, the traditional power structure. It's the same anywhere in the world.
True, but it seems today's conservatives (one's in power) are unable to solve current problems. It's one thing to fight for a smaller government, it's another to have zero solutions for healthcare, climate change, etc..

And given how much they're adding to deficits with the current budget and tax cut bill we know they were lying when they said they wanted a smaller, more fiscally responsible government.

The only thing they seem to stand for these days is the letter next to their name. Tribalism has superseded their principles and integrity and it's toxic.

/rant

I mentioned Conan a few times, because he was such a stereotypical Fox News , FreeRepublic propaganda shill. So when I notice new posters posting in the same manner, I namedrop Conan.
I mention him occasionally because he found his way here and didn't watch mma lol

Back