CPAC communication director: We (the RNC) elected Michael Steele because he was a Black guy

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) communication director Ian Walters sparked controversy with what was seen as a racially charged insult on Friday night.

Walters said told hundreds of dinner guests, "We elected Mike Steele as chairman because he was a black guy, that was the wrong thing to do."

Steele was near the back of the room at the time. He said Walters' remarks show "a lack of maturity and a lack of understanding of the work we did and the work we continue to do."

-

https://amp.businessinsider.com/for...le-responds-to-racial-insult-cpac-2018-2018-2

The GOP was trying to shed its reputation as anti-Black and tried to attract conservative leaning African Americans, so they choose Steel. That's not to say Steele was bad at his job, because I have no idea how well he handled the job.

Last edited:
I think they apologized but Steele won't accept the apology.

These guys are fucking retarded

Well if they chose Steele because was a black guy then that was the wrong thing to do. It also didn't help them worth black people at all.

between this, and being triggered as fuck all week that high schoolers showed up their representatives...............its been a fairly normal week for CPAC

No shit. Was obvious the day he was chosen. And even more obvious the day he lost his re-election bid to Reince Priebus. I mean RNC makes huge gains in House and Senate seats and they still replace their chairman with the Koch Brother stooge Priebus?

And nobody can understand why blacks don't vote Republican.

Water: Wet.

The only somewhat beneficial effect the Trump era has had on Washington was causing the right to pull the masks off, drop the filters and stop BS'ing about a variety of issues.

I do feel bad for Steele, though, being the last person to get the memo that he was a straight up diversity hire. That's got to sting.

And nobody can understand why blacks don't vote Republican.

Yes, the DNC would never push a "light skinned" African American "with no negro dialect unless he wanted to have one" if they thought it would help them win.

Well considering he called out evangelicals and Trump recently, it waa only a matter of time before he got booted off the island

This can be chalked under "no fucking shit".

And Michael Steele lost all credibility when he bitched out to rush Limbaugh begging for his forgiveness after calling him inflammatory and incendiary on the short lived hughley show on CNN

Yes, the DNC would never push a "light skinned" African American "with no negro dialect unless he wanted to have one" if they thought it would help them win.

Hillary was the establishment candidate in 2008 not Obama.

Nice try doe

"We elected Mike Steele as chairman because he was a black guy, that was the wrong thing to do."

Ripskater confirmed

f_mo_la_cpac_steele_180223.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back