Could guys like Daley or High sue for wrongful termination?

Obviously after this Mcgregor incident he won't be out of the UFC. Jason High and Paul Daley were released and vilified by Dana after their incidents. Are there any grounds to sue the UFC?

Any lawyers in the house?

daleypunch1.gif

I'm sure it's been said so I'll reiterate it - they're independent contractors. So, no.

Also, the statute of limitations would have long passed by now for Daley as it happened in 2010. It's been over three years since the High's fight with RDA and him getting cut, so that's probably passed too but I don't know NV SoLs.

UFC contracts have a ton of outs. The UFC cuts guys all the time, particularly those coming off of losses like High and Daley were when they got cut.

I don't know, but Big Country and McCarthy made peace about it pretty quickly IIRC. The attitude and context are also important in how you deal with such case : High and Daley overreacted because they were poor losers, while Big Country complained because he had to inflict unnecessary damage to his opponent.

The fuck is this stupidity? What High wasn't on par with Daley at all.

High was fucking concussed. He didn't show any more aggression towards the ref after he was after to collect himself. The overreaction from the fans, Dana and the commission to that shove was ridiculous. His career got derailed for no reason. Francisco Trevino did the same thing after Herb Dean stopped his fight with Sage, and there was no response from the UFC or the commission.

On the topic of Daley and late hits, I also find it mind-boggling that Ryan Benoit didn't get punished at all for kicking Sergio Pettis after the ref stopped their fight.

Ryan%2BBenoit%2BKicks%2Bthe%2BAss%2Bof%2BSergio%2BPettis%2BUFC%2B185.gif

Dana was cageside when this happened and didn't respond at all.

There's no consistency whatsoever when it comes to bad behavior from fighters in this sport. Reactions from fans and promoters alike are totally arbitrary. We just saw Marlon Moraes get the upper hand over Dodson by fouling him repeatedly, yet most people here made excuses for Moraes and actually criticized Dodson for "overreacting" after he nearly got his package kicked off.

Francisco Trevino did the same thing after Herb Dean stopped his fight with Sage, and there was no response from the UFC or the commission.

That wasn't the main reason, but Trevino was cut after that fight anyway.

I would like to see what actual Sher-lawyers have to say about it.

Any job will fire you for assaulting a coworker, the employer is not likely to hire you back...unless they believe you're absolutely irreplaceable (like Conor). Conor knows and understands this and that's why he feels he's untouchable. You think Conor's getting fired if he cheapshot an opponent after the fight is over? He'd get a fine or something but they ain't firing his ass.

It's one thing to violate code of conduct rules and a completely different thing to violate laws regarding assault or whatever.

The fuck is this stupidity? What High wasn't on par with Daley at all.

High was fucking concussed. He didn't show any more aggression towards the ref after he was after to collect himself. The overreaction from the fans, Dana and the commission to that shove was ridiculous. His career got derailed for no reason. Francisco Trevino did the same thing after Herb Dean stopped his fight with Sage, and there was no response from the UFC or the commission.

On the topic of Daley and late hits, I also find it mind-boggling that Ryan Benoit didn't get punished at all for kicking Sergio Pettis after the ref stopped their fight.

Ryan%2BBenoit%2BKicks%2Bthe%2BAss%2Bof%2BSergio%2BPettis%2BUFC%2B185.gif

Dana was cageside when this happened and didn't respond at all.

There's no consistency whatsoever when it comes to bad behavior from fighters in this sport. Reactions from fans and promoters alike are totally arbitrary. We just saw Marlon Moraes get the upper hand over Dodson by fouling him repeatedly, yet most people here made excuses for Moraes and actually criticized Dodson for "overreacting" after he nearly got his package kicked off.

Trevino's incident did get investigated, but the commission didn't punish him because Herb Dean advised them not to. And then the guy goes and gets suspended for weed, or should I say "herb".
Maybe Mulhall wasn't as gracious as Herb after High pushed him?

Whatever the case, it is quite the racial coincidence that Daley and High got cut while Nelson got suspended and Benoit got nada.

See I love how we all pretend it was the punch that got Daley blacklisted

It was when Dana went backstage to get his balls cupped
And threw Daley a bone, and he shrugged his shoulders
That's what got him blacklisted

Image what would happen if Woodley kicked Big John in his ass? <36><36>
"You can’t apologize for that [...] You don’t ever, ever put your f**king hands on a referee, or your feet, for any reason whatso f**king ever. You don’t do it. He needs to be buried. He went over there and he put his foot on his ass to like push him over, you know what I mean? Was flipping him off, yelling whatever. You wanna flip a ref off, there is never, ever a situation where you put your f**king hands on a referee. Ever. You can’t apologize for that." - Dana White

Nice try, though.

But was Roy cut tho?? {<huh}

Alright that's what I thought <Gordonhat>

Back