Could Francis have made a worse decision?

Why should Bisping vs Hendo 2 have been stopped? Bisping won lol.

As for Blaydes, the doctors stopped it because his eye was completely shut and he couldn't see. That is a valid reason.
Before he got to the stool he had a fully closed eye

I don't like this matchup. Francis should be fighting someone off of a loss.

I agree that it doesn't make sense, because Blaydes should be fighting for a HW title shot. However, the UFC are going to make DC vs Lesnar, so they need to keep Blaydes away from a title shot. Ngannou isn't going to get another title shot if he wins this fight, and a loss eliminates Blaydes from title contention.

Quite frankly, the UFC just don't want Blaydes as a HW champion. He's a boring fighter and doesn't have a great personality to sell fights. And even if he wins this fight, he's at least one more win away from a title fight.

I think Ngannou beats him again very similarly. That is, unless the Francis from the last fight shows up.

I really hate this matchup to be honest. I know it's a rematch and probably a justified rematch. But I still think Ngannou could be a much more valuable asset for the UFC then Blaydes. Even after the disaster match against Lewis, he still has marketability if they handled it right. If they had given Ngannou an easier opponent he could wipe out in the first round again, he'd get his confidence back and might be a real threat again, the guy still looks imposing.
But no, in typical Dana White/UFC-style, they completely shat all over his performance (after 1 bad night), refused to interview them in the octagon so they might explain themselves and now paired him up with a wrestler who is just going to take him down and lay on him for the decision and that's the end of Ngannou the monster I think. It's a shame, heavyweight could still use guys like Ngannou but in the UFC 1 bad fight is already enough to completely dismiss you.

DNvFOFMW4AIWjyV.jpg

Yeah I really thought Ngannou should fight someone like Cryrille Asker to recover from his apparent trauma.

How is it dismissive to match him up with another highly ranked fighter?

Seems like a great match up. Throw some fucking punches or be prepare to get wrestle fucked for 25 minutes.

Ufc fucking with Ngannou after that showing he gave in his last fight.

Ufc don’t play nice.

I think Ngannou will do much better this time, be more aggresive at least

Thought something like Ngannou vs Werdum would have happened and Blaydes vs JDS. Something along those lines

So its Francis vs Stipe all over again. Great.

I really hate this matchup to be honest. I know it's a rematch and probably a justified rematch. But I still think Ngannou could be a much more valuable asset for the UFC then Blaydes. Even after the disaster match against Lewis, he still has marketability if they handled it right. If they had given Ngannou an easier opponent he could wipe out in the first round again, he'd get his confidence back and might be a real threat again, the guy still looks imposing.
But no, in typical Dana White/UFC-style, they completely shat all over his performance (after 1 bad night), refused to interview them in the octagon so they might explain themselves and now paired him up with a wrestler who is just going to take him down and lay on him for the decision and that's the end of Ngannou the monster I think. It's a shame, heavyweight could still use guys like Ngannou but in the UFC 1 bad fight is already enough to completely dismiss you.

It's possible the assurance of knowing that he beat Blaydes already will be enough to shake Francis out of his paralysis and let his hands go. Then if he wins, he'll be victorious over the kind of fighter that put the fear of the floor in him in the first place, and his PTSD (post title-shot disorder) overcome. So maybe Curtis is just the match-up he needs to get back on track!

Or, maybe Curtis smothers the crap out of him.

Who the hell knows? You simply can't assume anything about Heavyweights. I mean, we all thought Ngannou vs Lewis would be a banger...

PS The reason he wasn't interviewed after the fight was because by then the crowd was booing so loudly that it wouldn't have been heard anyway. It was less punishment than riot prevention.

Back