Could Francis have made a worse decision?

okayyyy.....why didnt Blaydes take him down and hold him there the first time?

Bladyes does still look really dodgy standing though, I mean Ngannou's takedown defence wasn't good but Stipe did still actually have to engage him a bit to get him down, at least until he was badly gassed.

He already beat him once. Probably feels its an easy fight to get his mojo back.

Dana is pissed after that last performance and throwing him to the wolves.

Yeah Francis won last time but now both are very different fighters and blaydes is a better grappler than Stipe and will be following that blueprint to get a strong ground and pound stoppage win.

It’s punishment. They know he feels bad for his last performance and will want to come out guns blazing, so they put him against a guy that will shoot for a TD off of that.

It's going to be interesting how effective Blaydes wrestling will be in this fight. Was much of a factor two years ago, but I am sure he's made progress with his mma wrestling and we saw Nganou have issues with Stipe getting taken down.

Yeah this is a horrible match for Ngannou to take right now. Why not let Ngannou get some confidence back with a win over somebody like Junior Dos Santos. Blades will just destroy his confidence.

Let’s see how the rematch goes...Francis could catch blaydes..

it would be pretty bizarre if he lost again after all the hype. Sokoudjou all over again.
Sokoudjou did have that loss to Glover, but the situations are remarkably similar.

No he didn't, not even close to easy work.

Blaydes had success in the clinch and with takedowns, he even had some standing. I believe Curtis would have won that fight on the cards with one eye if the doctor didn't stop it.

I agree, I thought Francis was slowing down... I won’t be surprised if Curtis beats him standing, as Francis is unathletic and overly reliant on hooks and uppercuts, while Blaydes throws straight

it's UFC choice to make this stupid fight
Francis vs JDS was a much better choice

I agree, I thought Francis was slowing down... I won’t be surprised if Curtis beats him standing, as Francis is unathletic and overly reliant on hooks and uppercuts, while Blaydes throws straight
Blaydes improved leaps on the feet since then and he landed stiff jabs on Francis the first time

Back