Could Francis have made a worse decision?

I really hate this matchup to be honest. I know it's a rematch and probably a justified rematch. But I still think Ngannou could be a much more valuable asset for the UFC then Blaydes. Even after the disaster match against Lewis, he still has marketability if they handled it right. If they had given Ngannou an easier opponent he could wipe out in the first round again, he'd get his confidence back and might be a real threat again, the guy still looks imposing.
But no, in typical Dana White/UFC-style, they completely shat all over his performance (after 1 bad night), refused to interview them in the octagon so they might explain themselves and now paired him up with a wrestler who is just going to take him down and lay on him for the decision and that's the end of Ngannou the monster I think. It's a shame, heavyweight could still use guys like Ngannou but in the UFC 1 bad fight is already enough to completely dismiss you.
'Lay on him for the decision'

Curtis is a violent fucking fighter

UFC matchmaking=trash
UFC HW division=trash

I guess they're counting on Blaydes being Blaydes and pushing Ngannou - pressure makes diamonds right?

However, I do agree, putting a guy on a two fight skid against someone knocking on the door of a titleshot is silly. Rather they gave Francis some bum to KO and get some momentum back.

I really hate this matchup to be honest. I know it's a rematch and probably a justified rematch. But I still think Ngannou could be a much more valuable asset for the UFC then Blaydes. Even after the disaster match against Lewis, he still has marketability if they handled it right. If they had given Ngannou an easier opponent he could wipe out in the first round again, he'd get his confidence back and might be a real threat again, the guy still looks imposing.
But no, in typical Dana White/UFC-style, they completely shat all over his performance (after 1 bad night), refused to interview them in the octagon so they might explain themselves and now paired him up with a wrestler who is just going to take him down and lay on him for the decision and that's the end of Ngannou the monster I think. It's a shame, heavyweight could still use guys like Ngannou but in the UFC 1 bad fight is already enough to completely dismiss you.
Dana and the UFC are pissed that their hypetrain was derailed by Miocic. They were already dreaming of all the money they could earn of Ngannou, when he lost they were so upset they already started dissing him by saying he didn't train etc.

It was Blaydes' first UFC fight, and he was arguably winning it until that doctor stoppage. Now that we know that Ngannou can't really wrestle and that Blaydes is a promising up and comer, I guess they want to give him the chance to avenge his lone loss.

Not a fan of the matchup, though, as this is likely to end up in a snoozefest with Blaydes wrestling Ngannou to a decision. We'll see, but I'd much rather see Ngannou fight a striker

I say either give him The Nsane1 or Ruan Potts for the bounceback

The UFC really needs to come around on the idea of rebuilding fights.

Ngannou clearly has some confidence issues to sort out. Blaydes is not the guy for that.

Not to mention that Blaydes is on a run, whereas Ngannou is coming off a loss. I'm sure Blaydes took the fight to get his loss back, but, IMO, Ngannou should've taken an easier fight.
Disagree, ngannou made easy work if Blaydes last time around, he knows his opponent is very beatable

DNvFOFMW4AIWjyV.jpg

MM by decision

Fu.ck Nganou and fuc.k your thread why should they protect him ?

I agree, but who could they give him?

Disagree, ngannou made easy work if Blaydes last time around, he knows his opponent is very beatable
No he didn't, not even close to easy work.

Blaydes had success in the clinch and with takedowns, he even had some standing. I believe Curtis would have won that fight on the cards with one eye if the doctor didn't stop it.

How is it dismissive to match him up with another highly ranked fighter?

Seems like a great match up. Throw some fucking punches or be prepare to get wrestle fucked for 25 minutes.
like in their first fight???........... lol

Edit, never mind reading isn't my friend today.....

Blaydes kicks the shit out of Ngannou in this rematch.

Ya, I am not interested in this fight at all... which probably means it will be good lol. That is how it usually works out

Because the ufc HW division is so terrible, this is one of their top match ups.

What was he thinking? If Blaydes gets him down it's game over. Why say yes to a top wrestler his Achilles heel?
he may be sending a message: he is not afraid to fight wrestlers.
And if he is able to defend against Blaydes, it will indeed be a loud statement that he is now a well rounded fighter.

You bother to actually look at the content of this thread before posting out of your ass? we have mentioned that multiple times

I think you just got exposed because you missed the fact
And now you're acting out like a little pussy boy
It's cool bro, we all miss things from time to time

Back