Could Douglas Lima (future UFC fighter imo) go toe to toe with Buakaw Banchamek in a leg kick war?

a few local kickboxing pros on the British circuit get matched in the stand up

You do realize that Buakaw is better than some random local cans on the British kickboxing circuit right?

Douglas Lima is not beating any top level Muay Thai fighters or kickboxers in a Muay Thai or kickboxing match.

a few local kickboxing pros on the British circuit get matched in the stand up

You do realize that Buakaw is better than some random local cans on the kickboxing circuit right?

Douglas Lima is not beating any top level Muay Thai fighters or kickboxers in a Muay Thai or kickboxing match.

But I give you credit for getting me to post more than once in this very silly thread.

Lima is arguably the best striker in MMA and a top 3 WW.

This is what he did to one of the best strikers in MMA.

18150A07-D7A0-4815-ADFA-9E874D438B6C.jpeg

giphy.gif

You do realize that Buakaw is better than some random local cans on the British kickboxing circuit right?

No, I was responding to your original premise about fighters not belonging in other combat sports. Yes, Buakaw should definitely be the huge betting favourite, but I think it just isn't a forgone conclusion that Buakaw wins like you think.

While I agree the premise of this thread is silly, Lima is far better than a mediocre MMA fighter. He would fit very nicely in the top 10, if not breaking into the top 5, in his weight class in the UFC.

I disagree, but that's at least a debatable/reasonable opinion. Lima having success against Buakaw in kickboxing/MT is not.

No it isn't, I genuinely think Lima will be a UFC fighter one day. You are just being plain rude and pompous by accusing me of trying to get a thread included in the ufc discussion.

Okay, why are you posting it in the UFC discussion? Stop tiptoeing around the question, because you know it doesn't belong here.
Lima is no UFC fighter, Buakaw is no UFC fighter, last time I checked "legkick wars" didn't happen in the UFC. This thread has nothing to do with anything related to the UFC.

Any time you make a thread the effect of “do you think ____ could beat ______ at their own sport?” Know that your question is dumb

See: couture vs toney, Mayweather vs McGregor

Buakaw is one of many, many Muay Thai fighters who would kick the shit out of Lima’s legs 99/100. And before you ask, yes 99/100 times those same guys get taken down and smashed by Lima in an mma fight

No, I was responding to your original premise about fighters not belonging in other combat sports. Yes, Buakaw should definitely be the huge betting favourite, but I think it just isn't a forgone conclusion that Buakaw wins like you think.

At a low/amatuer/regional level, sure fighters could find success in a different combat sport. At the top level, no.

Okay, why are you posting it in the UFC discussion? Stop tiptoeing around the question, because you know it doesn't belong here.
Lima is no UFC fighter, Buakaw is no UFC fighter, last time I checked "legkick wars" didn't happen in the UFC. This thread has nothing to do with anything related to the UFC.
Literally no point continuing a conversation with you. Good day to you sir.

Literally no point continuing a conversation with you. Good day to you sir.

Yeah, because you are are such a good conversation partner by not answering any questions and just ignoring any criticism.

rawImage.jpg

After having seen Douglas Lima devastate so many mma fighters with some of (if not) the most brutal leg kicks I've ever seen, I was wondering how things would go down if he had a kickboxing or muy thai fight against the legendary Buakaw? I know Buakaw's bread and butter is striking, however I really think Lima could hold his own and maybe even hurt Buakaw's legs owing to the size and power advantage.
Lol no. Not even almost

How is he mediocre? He is easily one of the top strikers in MMA, and I do acknowledge Buakaw is a beast in his game, but looking at Douglas Lima's kicks compared to Buakaws, both look similar in power. Buakaw fights smaller fighters as well.
For reals . A former Bellator champ is mediocre (?) like he’s some bum at king of the cage or something . Wonder who he thinks is “ good “ or “ great “.

Back