Could Douglas Lima (future UFC fighter imo) go toe to toe with Buakaw Banchamek in a leg kick war?

And let me guess, you are going to report it because that's what you bully's do on Sherdog, try to get threads sent to the wasteland just because you don't approve. Thug.
the fuck are you doing man..

<KingstonFrown>

It's Conor vs Floyd all over again.
Not really, Connor was never (is not) a great pure boxer, so was obvious what was going to go happen vs Floyd. Lima on the other hand has been trained by Manu Ntoh, a trainer whose trained world champions in Muay Thai, and he spoke very highly of Lima's Muay Thai.

Not really, Connor was never (is not) a great pure boxer, so was obvious what was going to go happen vs Floyd. Lima on the other hand has been trained by Manu Notch, a trainer whose trained world champions in Muay Thai, and he spoke very highly of Lima's Muay Thai.

Ok you win, I am convinced. It would be a very even match-up should Douglas Lima fight Buakaw in a kickboxing or Muay Thai fight.

Having my back cos this is unfortunately what happens on Sherdog all too often.
well they're right, it's a dumb thread.

lima wouldn't stand a chance against buakaw in kickboxing, and literally everyone (except you apparently) knows it.

well they're right, it's a dumb thread.

lima wouldn't stand a chance against buakaw in kickboxing, and literally everyone (except you apparently) knows it.

No way! Some trainer speaks highly of Lima's Muay Thai. It's literally a coin flip fight

{<doc}

Ok you win, I am convinced. It would be a very even match-up should Douglas Lima fight Buakaw in a kickboxing or Muay Thai fight.
I never said that, I'm just not 100% certain, and I would argue it's not justified to be 100% certain on the outcome given Lima's size and power advantage as well as his own brutal leg kick game.

Lima just signed a 300 fight deal with Bellator, so no, he is not a future UFC fighter.

No way! Some trainer speaks highly of Lima's Muay Thai. It's literally a coin flip fight

{<doc}
Well you've clearly never trained in Muay Thai or watch the sport if you don't know Manu Ntoh. And I'm the one who has no right to comment........

Future UFC fighter?

What a pathetic attempt to keep it in the UFC discussion section.

Future UFC fighter?

What a pathetic attempt to keep it in the UFC discussion section.
What the hell are you talking about? Honestly this forum is filled with arrogant and thuggish people.

Well you've clearly never trained in Muay Thai or watch the sport if you don't know Manu Ntoh. And I'm the one who has no right to comment........

No I've never trained Muay Thai, but I've never trained boxing either and I knew McGregor would get smashed. I've never brewed beer, but I know when it tastes good and when it's shit. Not sure what point you are trying to make there.

No one is questioning your right to comment, it's just that you are wrong and no one agrees with you.

No I've never trained Muay Thai, but I've never trained boxing either and I knew McGregor would get smashed. I've never brewed beer, but I know when it tastes good and when it's shit. Not sure what point you are trying to make there.

No one is questioning your right to comment, it's just that you are wrong and no one agrees with you.
Well no one is questioning my right to comment, but they sure are acting out as if I have no fight knowledge. Fact is I do, and all I did was raise a question into something which I honestly am not 100% sure about owing to the reasons I've stated. I've actually seen firsthand a few local kickboxing pros on the British circuit get matched in the stand up by some very talented mma fighters. People will say they weren't trying, but given how one of the kickboxers wanted to brawl one of the mma guys after the sparring was over, I'd say he was trying.

I'm going with Buakaw

6MUA67T.gif
i can almost feel those kicks through my screen; dear effing yikes

What the hell are you talking about? Honestly this forum is filled with arrogant and thuggish people.

It's pretty arrogant to not give a damn about simple forum etiquette and just post your shit wherever you want.
You should take a look in the mirror before you start calling me arrogant.

So you want to say you put the "(future UFC fighter imo)" in it just for fun? Why not post it in the Worldwide discussion where it belongs?

It's pretty arrogant to not give a damn about simple forum etiquette and just post your shit wherever you want.
You should take a look in the mirror before you start calling me arrogant.

So you want to say you put the "(future UFC fighter imo)" in it just for fun? Why not post it in the Worldwide discussion where it belongs?
No it isn't, I genuinely think Lima will be a UFC fighter one day. You are just being plain rude and pompous by accusing me of trying to get a thread included in the ufc discussion.

No, not because of that, because of the fact that Douglas Lima is a mediocre MMA fighter, not a professional Muay Thai fighter, and Buakaw is one of the best.

While I agree the premise of this thread is silly, Lima is far better than a mediocre MMA fighter. He would fit very nicely in the top 10, if not breaking into the top 5, in his weight class in the UFC.

Back