Cortney Casey got robbed against Michelle Waterson

Casey has the best moments but got hit more and was controlled and taken down for the majority of the figjt

Knockdown at first round & was really close finishing fight in third. I don't really understand how you could score that fight for Waterson without losing your job.

Casey's poor fight IQ is really to blame. You should look up the definition of robbery.

Casey wasn't close to finishing at all. She did slightly better on the feet due to being a lot bigger, but she let herself get taken down and was even knocked down with a kick. Close fight that could have been scored a draw, though I had Waterson edging it. Now way this was a robbery, though, just a close fight.

I'm pretty sure you are in the vast minority. Most people felt Casey won.

WPIlm0X.jpg

I made little mistake here. I thought that Waterson won third round, but after checking the scorecards i was able to find out that judges gave round one for Waterson. I don't really understand how they can give that round for Waterson. She eated big shots, got knocked down & didn't land anything significant.

I get lost between what I think and what the judges might think in MMA a lot. To me the kd didn't mean a lot. It was more so KH just being so much smaller and falling from the momentum than her being hurt, but yeah I did think Casey won the first round by a slim margin.

I'm pretty sure you are in the vast minority. Most people felt Casey won.

WPIlm0X.jpg

Didn't 2 sherdog scores score the 2nd for Casey? That was the most clear round, capped by Michele Landing a clear knockdown. Wasn't that the round where she landed a huge punch while in top position too?

Close fight.

Both the women fights were close fights and the wrong decision Casey & Dobson should've won their fights close fights but both women did a little more...

Didn't 2 sherdog scores score the 2nd for Casey? That was the most clear round, capped by Michele Landing a clear knockdown. Wasn't that the round where she landed a huge punch while in top position too?

Close fight.

I have no idea what you are on about. Most felt Casey won that fight.

I was surprised it was split. I thought Waterson clearly won using the scoring system in play. You don't get extra credit for almost finishing at the end after losing most of the round. Casey was clearly much bigger and stronger and yet Waterson still got take downs pretty easy and controlled the clinch. It was the take downs and ground & pound that made the difference. KH displayed better technique the whole fight.

Close fight.

Yes, and two gave the first to Waterson. The decision probably went the wrong way, but it was a close fight so I don't think there's too much room to complain about it.

I also thought Vettori beat Adesanya. Three bad decisions last night.
Not sure how you come up with that. I was shocked it was split. Don't know how you give Vettori anything but round 3. He hit empty air with almost everything in the first two rounds.

Not sure how you come up with that. I was shocked it was split. Don't know how you give Vettori anything but round 3. He hit empty air with almost everything in the first two rounds.

He outstruck Adesanya in round 1.

These guys thought that Casey should've been given the victory, and even thought it would be fair to give all 3 rounds to Casey. Starting at 8:45...

I have think Casey won it too. I really enjoyed the fight though. Other than Ronda getting her head kicked off, this was my favorite wmma fight. Technical and tons of heart

<{nope}>

Giving a win for going 0 for 15 for submission attempts is like saying Maia was robbed against Woodley for going 0 for 20 on takedowns or someone throwing 400 strikes but connecting on a 5% clip.

She was the more dangerous fighter, but lost on points. No problem with the decision. If you want to give great weight to the sub attempts, fine. But you must also give weight to all of Waterson's TDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back