Cortney Casey got robbed against Michelle Waterson

Dankoz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Knockdown at first round & was really close finishing fight in third. I don't really understand how you could score that fight for Waterson without losing your job.

Yeah I thought she won 1 and 3 as well.

Didn't Waterson have a knockdown too with the high kick that sent Casey spinning away or was that the second?

I didn't think the decision was that controversial, although I did wander off about half way through to make a coffee.

i really enjoyed the fight. my scoring is probably unreliable because i was really rooting for waterson because she was so much smaller and showed amazing heart. hung in there so well, impressive

both ladies seemed to have a ton of respect afterwards and waterson was heavily out of breath in between rounds and during the interview, big effort from waterson

wpbrq.jpg

Knockdown at first round & was really close finishing fight in third. I don't really understand how you could score that fight for Waterson without losing your job.

Casey wasn't close to finishing at all. She did slightly better on the feet due to being a lot bigger, but she let herself get taken down and was even knocked down with a kick. Close fight that could have been scored a draw, though I had Waterson edging it. Now way this was a robbery, though, just a close fight.

Didn't Waterson have a knockdown too with the high kick that sent Casey spinning away or was that the second?

Yes but it was in second round, i'll give that for Waterson. First round was clear win for Casey by knockdown and third round should also be clear win for Casey because Waterson got her ass badly whooped on last minute.

The judges score a fight so wrong sometimes that I just accept whatever they decide. What else can you do ? Quit watching I suppose. But I’m not quitting just because of that. So I just deal with it. Because the lamest shit ever is people crying about getting robbed for years afterwards. That’s pathetically ridiculous to me.

If somebody wants to bitch about it for a day or two that’s fine. But I say fuck it. If I disagree with the score. I generally mention it in the pbp. And that’s it. I move on.

I was ok with hottie winning. Casey looked more likely to win but Michelle was technically better and scored more points

For sure was a close fight, but I have Waterson winning 29-28 but could have easly been the other way.

ehhhhhhhh close but no cigar. ROBBED......Not. I had waterson winning 29-28 and also would not of got pissy with it going the other way...

You clearly don't know what a robbery is.

Waterson won rounds 2 and 3. The submission attempts don't negate all the work KH did in the third round.

Casey staying on her back doing submission attempt after attempt made it look like she was getting beat in the eyes of the judges

Casey was clear winner in media scores. 16/17 of them scored it for Casey. 2/3 of judges gave round one for Waterson and that is something i don't understand at all. Knockdown should be more than enough to win round, if opponent isn't able to do anything.

Yes but it was in second round, i'll give that for Waterson. First round was clear win for Casey by knockdown and third round should also be clear win for Casey because Waterson got her ass badly whooped on last minute.

Last minute? Watterson was only in real danger the last 20 seconds, and that isn't enough to win the round. I think the 1st and 3rd were both close, but Waterson landed more strikes in the 3rd and multiple takedowns before that arm bar was sunk in with 3 seconds left.

Last minute? Watterson was only in real danger the last 20 seconds, and that isn't enough to win the round. I think the 1st and 3rd were both close, but Waterson landed more strikes in the 3rd and multiple takedowns before that arm bar was sunk in with 3 seconds left.

I made little mistake here. I thought that Waterson won third round, but after checking the scorecards i was able to find out that judges gave round one for Waterson. I don't really understand how they can give that round for Waterson. She eated big shots, got knocked down & didn't land anything significant.

Back