CONTRA NES Video Game Review

Up, Up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, Start

That one and the frog one are insane tough.
There was also on the NES a tough one that hardly gets mentioned. It was called abadon, or something close to that.

Edit: I looked it up, it was called abadox. That is insane.

if you can beat that game w/o the famous Konami code (same goes for Lifeforce, btw), you are fucking legend and deserve as much props as possible.

That one and the frog one are insane tough.
There was also on the NES a tough one that hardly gets mentioned. It was called abadon, or something close to that.

Edit: I looked it up, it was called abadox. That is insane.
battletoads?

if you can beat that game w/o the famous Konami code (same goes for Lifeforce, btw), you are fucking legend and deserve as much props as possible.
This is true, that game was fucking hard with only three lives

lifeforce was even harder. The code also worked for TMNT the video game i believe, another hard ass game.

Games didn't play back then, remember the latter stages of the GOAT Ninja Gaiden???

HOLY SHIT

I had thi game for NES called Max Max: beyond thuderdome or some sh it. Hardest game ever, never even got past the first level.....

Also, Yo Noid was the truth

I forgot about that guy. Either he was a troll or he was truly terrible at those games.

NES games made you master them. Games (majority) basically play themselves now.

I beat Contra with no codes, but I played the shit out of that game.

Life Force I managed to get to the final stage multiple times with no code, but never beat it.

Both amazing games.

NES games made you master them. Games (majority) basically play themselves now.

It's sad really. Our culture has become so risk adverse that kids don't know how to deal with failure. So now developers design games so that you can't lose. I collect SNES games, and I've had my 6 year old nephew play quite a few, and his little mind can't even comprehend the idea of failing and having to start over. He just gets frustrated and quits right away.

nothing better than playing an 8/16 bit sidescroller, then you go to jump over some pit or some ish, and a random flying sprite based character comes outta left field to take you out mid air....

Man, those were the days.

It's sad really. Our culture has become so risk adverse that kids don't know how to deal with failure. So now developers design games so that you can't lose. I collect SNES games, and I've had my 6 year old nephew play quite a few, and his little mind can't even comprehend the idea of failing and having to start over. He just gets frustrated and quits right away.

LMAO that's insane. Yeah, kids nowadays just don't know. Nothing like playing a game for 4-5 hours to lose EVERY BIT OF IT when you die. NES was true hardcore for most games.

I can say though, I probably wouldn't game if they stayed that way over time. I have gotten quite jaded myself, and like to have low consequences when it comes to dying and having to replay tons of content over and over.

lifeforce was even harder. The code also worked for TMNT the video game i believe, another hard ass game.

Games didn't play back then, remember the latter stages of the GOAT Ninja Gaiden???

HOLY SHIT

Fuck TMNT. That water level was bull shit

nothing better than playing an 8/16 bit sidescroller, then you go to jump over some pit or some ish, and a random flying sprite based character comes outta left field to take you out mid air....

Man, those were the days.

The indie developers have done a good job at bringing back the classic side scroller style. There's even some studios that still do side scrollers.

those NES controllers were ni indestructible too. i know i'm not the only one who threw that shit against the wall a few times (yes, even though they plugged in)...

Back