Conor's fight-night weight against Diaz (Did he cut?)

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, apparently, Conor didn't cut any weight and came in at a walkaround weight (post-training camp) of 168 pounds.

Conor repeated how he had to force his weight up because he was so light, basically forcing himself to eat. And of course, he was "on steaks", basically eating whatever he wanted and apparently that only got him up to 168pounds.

So, if Conor on steaks + force-feed diet = 168 pounds pre-cut, then it should be safe to acknowledge that Conor on salad plus a strictly controlled diet weighs less than steak-diet Conor.

So, based on what I just mentioned, while Conor was fighting at 145 and living off plants- he must have been around 160 pounds before cutting weight.

Now, this would mean that Conor had to cut around 15 pounds to make 145, which is a relatively basic cut, comparatively. So, why did he come in to the weigh-ins looking like a half-dead zombie?

What do you guys think?

giphy.gif

It's a reasonable question. None of it makes sense. The math is not mathematic.

Reasonable answer is he is lying about not cutting weight for the Diaz fight

Reasonable answer is he is lying about not cutting weight for the Diaz fight

That's the only angle I can possibly see. Fight night weigh ins would be sooooooo revealing. I don't know why this is so hidden.

Conor weighed something like 172 pounds a couple hours before 194. John has even admitted he walks around at 175. Nate probably walks around at 190 pounds though.

If he did cut weight, I doubt he cut more than four to six pounds. What would he possibly gain from cutting extra weight?

If he did cut weight, I doubt he cut more than four to six pounds. What would he possibly gain from cutting extra weight?
could be a few reasons, perhaps he was aiming to maximize off the smaller fighter vs much larger dude angle.

he did say post-fight that Nate was 190 pounds on fight night, which isn't true.

a comparison between this weigh in and the first diaz fight would be telling

there is one embedded video from back in the day that shows conor's weight about a week out and the we rollin' guy says that he's on point.

Keep in mind he was lean at 168, very low body fat %. So losing 10 lbs takes it toll but wold be relatively easy. So 155 lbs is an ideal weight class ~ 6-7% body fat.

Losing an additional 10 lbs when you are already lean with a low body fat % leaves you drawn out like you see in Conor's weigh in pic.

That's the only angle I can possibly see. Fight night weigh ins would be sooooooo revealing. I don't know why this is so hidden.

It needs to happen. I want same day weigh ins. At this point half the battle is cutting weight, and that shouldn't be a factor in fighting. The entire purpose of weight classes is to ensure one fighter doesn't have a weight advantage, but if guys are just going to cut it and gain most of it back a day later what's the point?

He was preparing for a 155 fight 10 days earlier. A cut from 168 or over is absolutely standard. He didn't bulk up to 168 in 10 days, that's a retarded narrative that the delusional trolls parrot because the "goat" said so.

Plus, there's no way he looks like an Auschwitz survivor at 145 if he cut from 160 only.

If he cut for Nate, it was probably very little, maybe around 172-ish. That's basically a sauna for someone used to monster cuts like he is.

And that gif shows dehydrated Conor vs non-dehydrated (or possibly very little dehydrated), so it's really misleading.

It needs to happen. I want same day weigh ins. At this point half the battle is cutting weight, and that shouldn't be a factor in fighting. The entire purpose of weight classes is to ensure one fighter doesn't have a weight advantage, but if guys are just going to cut it and gain most of it back a day later what's the point?
Agreed. I don't get why we do it this way.

It makes zero sense to cut two pounds more than you have to. He didn't cut any weight to make WW.

Your assumptions in the OP don't make sense tbh.

A steak heavy or strictly controlled diet that isn't limited in calories could keep a fighter at the same weight. Their v02, anaerobic and other performance markers are vastly different.

He was preparing for a 155 fight 10 days earlier. A cut from 168 or over is absolutely standard. He didn't bulk up to 168 in 10 days, that's a retarded narrative that the delusional trolls parrot because the "goat" said so.

Plus, there's no way he looks like an Auschwitz survivor at 145 if he cut from 160 only.

If he cut for Nate, it was probably very little, maybe around 172-ish. That's basically a sauna for someone used to monster cuts like he is.

And that gif shows dehydrated Conor vs non-dehydrated (or possibly very little dehydrated), so it's really misleading.

wrong fight dude, lol

It makes zero sense to cut two pounds more than you have to. He didn't cut any weight to make WW.

Your assumptions in the OP don't make sense tbh.

A steak heavy or strictly controlled diet that isn't limited in calories could keep a fighter at the same weight. Their v02, anaerobic and other performance markers are vastly different.

So why was Conor living off salads when steaks would have kept him at the same weight, and why was he choosing between which breakfast menu to have instead of ordering "both" as he stated after moving up?

What's you point here, that Conor always weighed this much, even when booked to fight at 145?

So why was Conor living off salads when steaks would have kept him at the same weight,

Many reasons.

400 cals of salad will fill your stomach.

400 cals of steak will just make you more hungry.

Plus fiber (to make 145) & thermogenic effects of salad. You need to do more research.

and why was he choosing between which breakfast menu to have instead of ordering "both" as he stated after moving up?

He dropped his nutritionist after RDA fell out & ate what he wanted. Which was the mistake.

What's you point here, that Conor always weighed this much, even when booked to fight at 145?

Idk what he gained back after making 145.

Only stating facts.

You can't compare pure water cuts with combined fat and water cuts. He's insanely lean before his featherweight fights and 15 pounds of water is a ton. When he steps on the scale at 168 there are no signs of dehydration and his body is carrying much more fat. Here's McGregor 2 weeks before weighing in last year.

B6fBGpaIAAE5EwH.jpg

You think he cut two extra pounds for fun? Lol what?

Back