Conors Chances for success @ lw

Khabib and Tony are the two guys who would straight up destroy him. Lee has the ability to put Conor on his back and never let him back up but his chin/recovery doesn't seem as solid as the previous two fighters. However if he gets his hands on Conor he would destory him.

Alvarez - Conor already beat him and a rematch is very winnable.

Poirier - Conor already beat him and a rematch is very winnable.

Gaethje - Conor would take him out with precision if he wanted to stand the entire fight.

Nate - Conor is 1-1 and a third fight is winnable at 155. 50/50 chance.

There's no point in arguing. Conor hasn't fought or defended a belt in over 500 days.

I always think its funny how people talk about conor running from the lw division. Kevin lee, Dustin Poirier, Eddie Alvarez, Justin Gatheje are the "2nd Tier" fighters of the the LW division. All have suspect chins. Conor, tony, and khabib being "1st Tier" have decent chins. I dont see any of these tier 2 fighters having any success against conor due to the fact conor ALWAYS lands heavy shots.

Nobody in the UFC has had success against Conor without him giving them cosmetic surgery with his hands. Mendes had some success but was still getting blasted and eventually broke. In the first fight, Diaz got obliterated, but was able to win because Conor didnt prepare for the zombie apocolypse. Against Conor all those tier 2s will go to sleep, but when considering who will win in the tier 1 category a lot of fools say conor will get worked. I think the reality that everybody is missing is that conor WILL blast their heads in. The question is can they survive and win? I dont think Khabib nor Tony will beat Conor. Adversatiy is something khabib has never had to deal with just like conor prior to the diaz fight. Tony got beat up by kevin lee and came back to win however. Anyway, If conor is able to land heavy shots(like he has in every single UFC fight) do you think Tony and Khabib have what it takes to find a way to win?

his shots were not that heavy against diaz, your statement he always lands heavy shots is wrong.
I think the top 3/4 finish him and that he thinks it too, hence the endless ducking and bus thing

love how still n
@timoteo @GreatSaintGuillotine how is Gaethje anything close to chinny? He's shown an ability to take a ridiculous amount of damage in all his fights. MJ, Eddie, Dustin, are three of the biggest hitters in the division, yet he marched into their shots and ate them into later rounds. EDIT: He's absorbed 420 significant strikes in his 3 UFC fights, 302 of which were to the head. And a lot of them were power shots.

I'm not denying that Conor destroys Gaethje, but he's the furthest thing from chinny.
He's suseptable to getting rocked. Doesn't matter how strikes it takes because it happens every fight. And he gets rocked bad. He's chimney for sure

Considering he beat and humiliated Alvarez better than anybody else who has fought him, I'd say he has a great chance for success.<Fedor23>

He is barely Top 10 at LW and is about to get exposed.

Assuming he ever actually fights again.

He made both the #3 and #4 LW look like bums but he shouldn't be in the Top 10?

giphy.gif

He stopped fighting after he became the first simultaneous 2-division champ in UFC history, and then got a shit load of money for fighting floyd mayweather.
Spoken like a true Conor fan.....
Conor is the most inactive Champ in Combat Sports History.
He got stripped twice....you know that right?

In the first fight, Diaz got obliterated, but was able to win because Conor didnt prepare for the zombie apocolypse.
This is true, nobody can take those shots except Diaz. Then went 5 rounds with the triathlete in the rematch.

This could possibly be the funniest thing I have read this week.
Consider me an Idiot.

Well if you look at who liked that post, I think it's all the confirmation that you need that an idiot agreed with it.

Where is your boy now? Haha. Too chicken to defend.
He's training for Khabib you retard. They're in negotiations.

We'll see who is the chicken when the pull out merchant doesn't make it to the Octagon

He's training for Khabib you retard. They're in negotiations.

We'll see who is the chicken when the pull out merchant doesn't make it to the Octagon
Why did he get stripped again?

love how still n

He's suseptable to getting rocked. Doesn't matter how strikes it takes because it happens every fight. And he gets rocked bad. He's chimney for sure
If "he gets rocked a lot" is what you meant, you probably shoulda just said that. He gets rocked a lot because he gets hit a lot. Him getting hit a lot is inherent to his fighting style.

"Chinny" (or chimney) normally refers to the fighter's chin being weak, meaning it doesn't take the hardest of shots to hurt them. That's not true for Gaethje. So you should probably not use that word for him unless you wanna confuse people.

Spoken like a true Conor fan.....
Conor is the most inactive Champ in Combat Sports History.
He got stripped twice....you know that right?
Your point?

I was just stating why he hasn't come back to fighting for so long.

Your point?

I was just stating why he hasn't come back to fighting for so long.
He was a chicken. Champ had four belts with Zero defenses. No fluke that happened. Use money as an excuse all you want, but is still an excuse.

He was a chicken. Champ had four belts with Zero defenses. No fluke that happened. Use money as an excuse all you want, but is still an excuse.
You're saying he ran away because he was scared of the competition? If so you're just being irrational. I guarantee when he comes back it will probably be against one of these guys he was "ducking"

You're saying he ran away because he was scared of the competition? If so you're just being irrational. I guarantee when he comes back it will probably be against one of these guys he was "ducking"
He's a Coward, because he is scared of losing......Conor is a fkn Duck, spin it anyway you want.

You basically said he ran away because he was scared of the competition, which is just kind of silly honestly. He'll probably come back and fight one of those guys mentioned above anyways.
They why did he quit fighting?

Back