Conors Chances for success @ lw

He has a great chance against brawlers you are correct (Alvarez, Poirier, Gay chee). I think he sparks out Khabib. That guy is getting hit by everyone like a retard. Kevin lee Poirier and Alvarez got suspect chins. I'd say Barboza is the tougher fight for him. He's actually got a lot of stand up and length to worry him.

I always think its funny how people talk aboutconor running from the lw division. Kevin lee, Dustin Poirier, Eddie Alvarez, Justin Gatheje are the "2nd Tier" fighters of the the LW division. All have suspect chins. Conor, tony, and khabib being "1st Tier" have decent chins. I dont see any of these tier 2 fighters having any success against conor due to the fact conor ALWAYS lands heavy shots.

Nobody in the UFC has had success against Conor without him giving them cosmetic surgery with his hands. Mendes had some success but was still getting blasted and eventually broke. In the first fight, Diaz got obliterated, but was able to win because Conor didnt prepare for the zombie apocolypse. Against Conor all those tier 2s will go to sleep, but when considering who will win in the tier 1 category a lot of fools say conor will get worked. I think the reality that everybody is missing is that conor WILL blast their heads in. The question is can they survive and win? I dont think Khabib nor Tony will beat Conor. Adversatiy is something khabib has never had to deal with just like conor prior to the diaz fight. Tony got beat up by kevin lee and came back to win however. Anyway, If conor is able to land heavy shots(like he has in every single UFC fight) do you think Tony and Khabib have what it takes to find a way to win?

conor chances at lw are none since he ducking khabib and tony

@timoteo @GreatSaintGuillotine how is Gaethje anything close to chinny? He's shown an ability to take a ridiculous amount of damage in all his fights. MJ, Eddie, Dustin, are three of the biggest hitters in the division, yet he marched into their shots and ate them into later rounds. EDIT: He's absorbed 420 significant strikes in his 3 UFC fights, 302 of which were to the head. And a lot of them were power shots.

I'm not denying that Conor destroys Gaethje, but he's the furthest thing from chinny.

Last edited:
@timoteo @GreatSaintGuillotine how is Gaethje anything close to chinny? He's shown an ability to take a ridiculous amount of damage in all his fights. MJ, Eddie, Dustin, are three of the biggest hitters in the division, yet he marched into their shots and ate them into later rounds. FightMetric seems to be down right now so I can't check, but he musta absorbed well over 100 significant strikes from them combined. Maybe much more than 100. And many of them truly were significant strikes.

I'm not denying that Conor destroys Gaethje, but he's the furthest thing from chinny.

I love the way he fights, but he's bound to be chinny if he doesn't start wrestling a bit. He's got that skill.

He has a great chance against brawlers you are correct (Alvarez, Poirier, Gay chee). I think he sparks out Khabib. That guy is getting hit by everyone like a retard. Kevin lee Poirier and Alvarez got suspect chins. I'd say Barboza is the tougher fight for him. He's actually got a lot of stand up and length to worry him.
No mention of El Cucuy here.

Conor is the best lightweight in the world by far. Only idiots would disagree.

Disrespecting Conor again just because his last fight was too long ago that majority here just chose to forget how he dominated Eddie

Gaethje's chin is like a crack on your windshield now, its just gonna keep getting worse and worse

Nobody intelligent is denying that he can win fights at 155lbs.

I think the larger consensus is that he cannot dominate at 155lbs. People go on like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, yet the guy is 2-1 at Lightweight, with one of those wins being very close.

People have such short memories. Can you not remember him believing his own hype so much that he literally thought he would just run straight through a Diaz brother? The guy turned into a panic wrestler against one of the best "off his back" BJJ practitioners in MMA. He got rocked by a "volume puncher" and was promptly finished. The guy then supposedly spent megabucks on his next camp and he still gassed out after 8 minutes, spent the majority of the next 17 minutes running away from his opponent and scraped a decision based on his early work.

Nobody can deny how impressive the Eddie Alvarez performance was, but the reality is that he is wasting his prime years by sitting on the bench. He has a serious cardio issue that he appears to be ignorant towards, he's also very inactive and that can lead to you becoming unfocused and rusty, there are more than 1 or 2 examples of this at the highest level of sports.

I think there are at least 3-4 people who would beat him at 155lbs.

No mention of El Cucuy here.

El cucuy is a tougher fight for khabib / Lee since he's dangerous off his back, but IMO, less of a threat to Mcgregor since his stand up is so behind and he won't get taken down

El cucuy is a tougher fight for khabib / Lee since he's dangerous off his back, but IMO, less of a threat to Mcgregor since his stand up is so behind and he won't get taken down
I may be in the minority with my opinion but I believe Tony to be the most dangerous for all of them.

I think the larger consensus is that he cannot dominate at 155lbs. People go on like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, yet the guy is 2-1 at Lightweight, with one of those wins being very close.

His fights against Nate Diaz were technically welterweight fights. Just sayin

Gaethje and Eddie are tailored made for Conor. Chinny brawlers with shit defense and little to no interest in wrestling as a primary strategy.

Lee fight could go either way but his chin is shits so, who knows.

Dustin would do much better in a rematch but Conor still probably takes it. Wouldn't count Dustin out.

Barboza fight is just a race to see who lands the perfect shot first.

Tony can win that fight as long as he pushes the ground game and fights smart. He could stand with Conor for a while but it isn't worth the risk.

Khabib does the usual against Conor imo. He won't play with the striking.
Exactly, the closest thing to a sure win would be Khabib, he won't stand and bang.

People have such short memories. Can you not remember him believing his own hype so much that he literally thought he would just run straight through a Diaz brother? The guy turned into a panic wrestler against one of the best "off his back" BJJ practitioners in MMA. He got rocked by a "volume puncher" and was promptly finished. The guy then supposedly spent megabucks on his next camp and he still gassed out after 8 minutes, spent the majority of the next 17 minutes running away from his opponent and scraped a decision based on his early work.

Nobody can deny how impressive the Eddie Alvarez performance was, but the reality is that he is wasting his prime years by sitting on the bench. He has a serious cardio issue that he appears to be ignorant towards, he's also very inactive and that can lead to you becoming unfocused and rusty, there are more than 1 or 2 examples of this at the highest level of sports.

Fake news.

>chances for success

SMH. Conor is already the most successful fighter in the history of MMA.

Inb4 butthurt "money has nothing to do with success" argument. Stop holding bitterness in your bum souls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back