Conors Chances for success @ lw

timoteo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I always think its funny how people talk about conor running from the lw division. Kevin lee, Dustin Poirier, Eddie Alvarez, Justin Gatheje are the "2nd Tier" fighters of the the LW division. All have suspect chins. Conor, tony, and khabib being "1st Tier" have decent chins. I dont see any of these tier 2 fighters having any success against conor due to the fact conor ALWAYS lands heavy shots.

Nobody in the UFC has had success against Conor without him giving them cosmetic surgery with his hands. Mendes had some success but was still getting blasted and eventually broke. In the first fight, Diaz got obliterated, but was able to win because Conor didnt prepare for the zombie apocolypse. Against Conor all those tier 2s will go to sleep, but when considering who will win in the tier 1 category a lot of fools say conor will get worked. I think the reality that everybody is missing is that conor WILL blast their heads in. The question is can they survive and win? I dont think Khabib nor Tony will beat Conor. Adversatiy is something khabib has never had to deal with just like conor prior to the diaz fight. Tony got beat up by kevin lee and came back to win however. Anyway, If conor is able to land heavy shots(like he has in every single UFC fight) do you think Tony and Khabib have what it takes to find a way to win?

He's the best fighter ever.

Didn't you see him take out a bus with one dolly? He also took out six fighters with it.

Amazing.

Conor is legit. He always shows and he always comes for the finish.

Khabib slapping Artem made him agree to a middle ground contract with the UFC.

Thanks Khabib.

He is barely Top 10 at LW and is about to get exposed.

Assuming he ever actually fights again.

Easily top 5. Dusted eddie, probably would dust poirier again if they fought, and I'd say at least has a decent chance against anyone else (khabib, ferguson).

Saying barely top 10 is just silly.

Conor's chances at LW are good due to his fight I.Q, timing, reflexes, speed, power, precision etc but the disparity in grappling skill between him, Khabib, Kevin and Tony is going to be really problematic for him. Khabib's chin looks adamantium at this point, Tony's chin is solid and his recovery is exceptional and Lee's chin is a little suspect but he has reach and size on Conor as well as a huge grappling advantage. I would only favor him over Tony at this point but I think the wrestling of the other 2 negates any advantages Conor has on the feet.

Easily top 5. Dusted eddie, probably would dust poirier again if they fought, and I'd say at least has a decent chance against anyone else (khabib, ferguson).

Saying barely top 10 is just silly.
Strongly disagree. I think Poirier wins the rematch.

I also think McGregor loses to Lee, Barboza, Iaquinta and Vick.

Here's my honest take on his chances and I'm good at picking fights

Tony is winnable

Lee murders him

Khabib murders him

Dustin is winnable

Diaz is winnable

Eddie is winnable

Gaethje is winnable

With those amount of winnable fights
Combined with Conor's ways (WME's ways) of manipulating fights to suit
I expect to see Conor back
The numbers are in his favour

Conor is 4 to 5 at best in LW division. Loses to Khabib or Tony for sure. He even believes that himself since he ducked both of them. Lee is a very difficult match up stylistically and he probably loses to Lee. Gatheje might beat Conor if he could remember that he knows how to wrestle. Even Nate beats Conor half the time. Conor is top tier at FW, but not LW. He needs to win more than 1 fight in the division to be considered "top tier".

Connor literally stopped fighting because he realized he hit his wall, everyone around him was better than him, time to turn into a clown, and beg for one more money fight

Connor literally stopped fighting because he realized he hit his wall, everyone around him was better than him, time to turn into a clown, and beg for one more money fight
He stopped fighting after he became the first simultaneous 2-division champ in UFC history, and then got a shit load of money for fighting floyd mayweather.

He stopped fighting after he became the first simultaneous 2-division champ in UFC history, and then got a shit load of money for getting knocked out by midget, manlet, 40 year old floyd mayweather.

Fixed it for you.

He stopped fighting after he became the first simultaneous 2-division champ in UFC history, and then got a shit load of money for fighting floyd mayweather.
That doesn't disprove my statement

And where the fuck is he? He said he'd be an active champ, he's stripped for the second time, proves he's full of shit

Gaethje and Eddie are tailored made for Conor. Chinny brawlers with shit defense and little to no interest in wrestling as a primary strategy.

Lee fight could go either way but his chin is shits so, who knows.

Dustin would do much better in a rematch but Conor still probably takes it. Wouldn't count Dustin out.

Barboza fight is just a race to see who lands the perfect shot first.

Tony can win that fight as long as he pushes the ground game and fights smart. He could stand with Conor for a while but it isn't worth the risk.

Khabib does the usual against Conor imo. He won't play with the striking.

he has more wins against the top 5 of the lw division then the champ does....

That doesn't disprove my statement

And where the fuck is he? He said he'd be an active champ, he's stripped for the second time, proves he's full of shit
You basically said he ran away because he was scared of the competition, which is just kind of silly honestly. He'll probably come back and fight one of those guys mentioned above anyways.

Back