Conor reportedly going to do NYPD community service July 17 to settle court case outside of court

He did a simple act of vandalism , and a couple bystanders got very minor injuries. If this was anyone else they would have been forced to pay for the broken window and given a slap on the wrist.
Most people would at the very least face felony vandalism charges and hope their lawyer could, at best, plead them down to a misdemeanor.

I don't know about Nevada, but in CA anything over 400 dollars in damage (certainly the case here) can be charged as a misdo or a felony at the DAs discretion. When people actually got hurt, and the entire incident is on video, and you can see the person showing that blatant a disregard for safety and the law, I wouldn't expect the DA of any county in CA, even the [:rolleyes:] "bay area" counties, to file it as a misdemeanor. I mean, his criminal record is quite light compared to the average guy in felony court, and that's certainly not unimportant, but I see guys in felony court every day that don't have any record. So it's not like you get a freebie for your first time.

And typically, when a DA settles a felony for a misdemeanor, he (in my experience) feels entitled to substantially more jail time/work release than if the case was originally filed and settled as a misdemeanor.

The only reason they wouldn't file on Conor or would give him any kind of leniency here is because he's famous and popular and it could lose the DA favor with voters if he/his deputy decided to flex on Conor and try to actually get jail time. Because on paper, without looking at who he is, there are a lot of aggravating factors here or factors that would really work against him in plea bargaining. It's an unbeatable case, he's clearly the one behaving out of line, and people were injured.

I would go so far as to say that the average guy in my county would be charged with assault with force likely to cause great bodily injury, possibly ADW, and possibly an enhancement for causing great bodily injury to give him up to seven years prison exposure and a "strike." The average guy would be lucky to settle this case for a felony vandalism and 180 days.

Yes, they probably wouldn’t have even been charged. Poor blacks and Latinos get away with far worse on a daily basis in Brooklyn.

nonsense. captured on video, in a private part of the venue, causing injuries...please don't try and say they wouldn't have been charged, as that is beyond ridiculous.

Lol at the reactions.

Haters want him locked up so he doesn't come back and prove them wrong.

No he’s going to shoot hoops with some kids from Harlem. He’s working with their Athletic League.
He's going to teach black kids how to shoot a tree?

He injured some fighters , the law is a joke when you're rich I swear this country sucks
While I agree with your sentiment that rich people get away with anything, it's not just limited to the States. It's the whole world, and any other planets we may colonize in the future. The law is written by the rich to protect themselves.

giphy.gif

This reply just randomly popped into my head lol.

Back