Conor McGregor 'won't return to the UFC until April' at the earliest says John Kavanagh

No he doesn't, no other person would vacate, this is on the UFC to strip him. It's funny watching people trying to blame Conor because the UFC won't strip him of the title, like he controls the UFC's actions or something.
Trying to blame Conor? What Fucking drug are you on? I’ll agree that the UFC is enabling, but Conor is a fucking clown..to put no blame on him is a fucking joke.
TaN0Oe7.jpg

Between the Diaz and Mayweather fights, this guy has made more money in the last 2-3 years than just about every other MMA fighter combined. At this point it shouldn't be about the money. Is he a champion or not?
I don't think it is all about the money, I honestly think for Conor it's more about the principle and breaking the mould, he wants to either co-promote and have his name up their or have a stake in the UFC so that he can feel like a partner in the whole show.

The deal will get done, Dana is already on record that it's likely he'll be brought on board, we don't know the whole story, for all we know Conor could have an injury.

I don't think it is all about the money, I honestly think for Conor it's more about the principle and breaking the mould, he wants to either co-promote and have his name up their or have a stake in the UFC so that he can feel like a partner in the whole show.

The deal will get done, Dana is already on record that it's likely he'll be brought on board, we don't know the whole story, for all we know Conor could have an injury.
I get that he wants to be bigger than the UFC, he wants to change the game and make it more like boxing, where the fighters are the promoters. The problem with that, is that only so many are capable of doing so, and you need structure for most. I understand everyone wants a minimum $1 million payday for the lowest level, but it's a revenue based business, and they aren't making those NFL ad dollars.

The point is maximizing profits, especially when the WME just payed 4 billion for the UFC. How you can look at the PPV numbers and think they wouldn’t skip a beat without their biggest star ever is amazing.

If Endeavor/UFC is only concerned about maximizing profits, they wouldn't give 25-50% of their PPV revenues of their "end" (on a single event) to one fighter. It's a balance, not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. When Conor gets too greedy or demanding, don't expect the UFC to just roll over and take it.

Trying to blame Conor? What Fucking drug are you on? I’ll agree that the UFC is enabling, but Conor is a fucking clown..to put no blame on him is a fucking joke.
TaN0Oe7.jpg

There is literally no blame that can be put on Conor for the UFC not stripping him. That's on them and them only.

The point is maximizing profits, especially when the WME just payed 4 billion for the UFC. How you can look at the PPV numbers and think they wouldn’t skip a beat without their biggest star ever is amazing.

Agree in general with the statement however it reaches a tipping point when the extra revenue made from their biggest money maker also has the biggest payout attached to it. Hard for us to know where that is but as Conor starts demanding more and more there will be a point where it doesn't make financial sense for the UFC to have him on with the way they run their business.

With the above it's quite different to boxing promotions, most boxing promoters don't have the kind of overheads that the UFC has plus shareholders that would demand a profit too. ie. Mayweather would be the largest shareholder in TMT whereas the UFC has multiple substantial shareholders wanting a dividend paid out each year.

The big issue I see is the financial roadblock that's an inevitability to come. Conor will keep wanting more and more, and each time the UFC acquiesces it's coming out of their end, and there is a wall coming soon. It might even be here, because truthfully, none of us will ever know what the UFC's real expenses are when it comes to putting together an event.

Using loose estimates (I'll go with 1.5m buys at $55 (splitting the SD/HD pricing), the UFC PPV revenues are ~$82m. The broadcaster takes about half, leaving the UFC ~$41m for their end. With venue costs, marketing, insurance, flights and accommodations, fighter payouts, bonuses and other miscellaneous expenses, plus PPV points to the main eventers... the more they give Conor, they less they make on their end, and I believe there will come a point where they just can't give him any more.

Note that I'm not disagreeing about him bringing in sales and revenues, or that he appeals to a wide audience. I just see a point where the UFC has to say enough is enough (without having to give away the shop), and if Conor thinks he's entitled to "Floyd" money each time out, he's in for a surprise. If Conor tries to play hardball at the UFC's expense, I absolutely see them fighting to protect their own interests more than placating him.

I agree there is an end point for his salary, which is why he want's this co promotion. He wants his money based off the sales, just like Floyd he is clearly following that model. But the UFC IMO will never allow him to co-promote. This was actually the roadblock that killed a Fedor deal way back when. M-1 Global wanted to be partners with the UFC, and it was never going to happen. If I was the UFC I never would have allowed him to box Floyd so easily, because by making a reported 100 million dollars, he can more than afford to sit around for a long time and wait them out. Maybe the UFC will just let him do that. As we said offer him fights on the current deal that he will not accept.. Honestly if they strip him and stop talks, he may never be back in the UFC. Too many Ego's..

This is true, or it could honestly be that the ufc and Greg are planning something together. They “pull” Greg from 219 and shelve him for a bit.

Then they have furgie and bib fight for the interim belt. A way to kill contenders, and clear the path for Greg.

This has been my theory all along

On Behalf of the nation of Ireland strip him of his belt.

Many thanks,

signed the people of Ireland.

Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return at all.

Between the Diaz and Mayweather fights, this guy has made more money in the last 2-3 years than just about every other MMA fighter combined. At this point it shouldn't be about the money. Is he a champion or not?
It is always about the money. He was a poor schmuck just a few years ago.

Remember after the Floyd mega prize fight, he tweeted a photo of himself admiring a gigantic yacht (that he couldn’t afford)?

Back