Conor McGregor speaking Irish

Actually, I was out of words. That's why I used the word " greatness" too loosely. Should I have said enriched? But then that doesn't make any sense cause IMO every language that exists or once in existence is enriched in some shape or form.

But saying Celtic language family is an important European language family just like German Language Family, Slavic Language family or ROMANCE language family would have been more appropriate.
I don't really know enough to chime in but it is interesting that the Welsh have chose to preserve their language more.

Also

jurgen-klopp-in-ibiza-what-a-man.jpg

Or Gaelic or whatever this is. So weird.

I like this. A nice moment where the shtick and silliness was dropped. Conor seems ok when he's not performing for the cameras.

I don't really know enough to chime in but it is interesting that the Welsh have chose to preserve their language more.

Also

jurgen-klopp-in-ibiza-what-a-man.jpg

Man, I felt heartbroken after Watford match. We were so close to winning. I hope tonight there won't be any defensive error.

Pretty amazing for a man who is so proud of his island and people and the city he's from and talks bad about others who move countries to train MMA and all that nonsense. At the end of the day, he's just a confused boy.
This is nonsense. There are regional dialects all over the world. It's a point of pride in most places to learn a way to speak so you can be understood outside of your smaller village/area. In time you can grow rusty in your original dialect, while still having pride in your roots.

Don't talk when you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, especially when you're just reaching for bullshit to bash a guy you don't like, "Khabib fan".

But still you guys should learn a lesson or Two from Wales & Israel about preserving & resurrecting your own language or even from Basque province.

No need to go that far. There are hundreds of native american languages that we completely ignore.....right next door.

Some of you might not know this, but there IS no irish language, no gaelic.

It's just what happens when you get super shitfaced and slur your words. Us irish have a go on you bastards, pretending we know what each other are talking about.

Been doing this for hundreds of years.

Welsh have put more effort for preserving their version of Gaelic compared to the Irish. Which is a shame cause anyone studying linguistic will tell you about the greatness of Celtic languages.

About 25% of welsh classify themselves as "Welsh speaking" compared to 41% of Irish classifying themselves as "Gaelic speaking".

Artem lobov can speak Russian, English and Spanish. He only lives 2 years in Argentina. Conor born and raised in Ireland and can't even speak Gaelic lol

Conor hasn't lived in any country that has Gaelic as it's first language.

The crazy thing about Welsh was that there was a short time where it was 100% extinct and they revived it.

Welsh have put more effort for preserving their version of Gaelic compared to the Irish. Which is a shame cause anyone studying linguistic will tell you about the greatness of Celtic languages.
As with Welsh, but to a lesser extent, there are areas which really support Gaelic. Dublin isn't really one of them.

About 25% of welsh classify themselves as "Welsh speaking" compared to 41% of Irish classifying themselves as "Gaelic speaking".

hKAOb7j.png

Please could you repeat what you were saying?

Educated Irish will be fluent with speaking Irish. Conor is working class and school was not he's thing.

I went to Dublin three times and I heard much more people speaking French than Gaelic.

English is the first language, it doesn't mean people can't speak Irish though. If someone hasn't got the language why would you talk in Irish?

But still you guys should learn a lesson or Two from Wales & Israel about preserving & resurrecting your own language or even from Basque province.

From the berbers (kabyle) in north africa too

You can't expect prized fighters to be fluent in languages

No need to go that far. There are hundreds of native american languages that we completely ignore.....right next door.
I know right. Doesn't have to be ancient stuff either, any locality can breed their own phrases and way of speaking by combining their native language with local accents, words, etc.

Conor haters so happy that he doesn't speak a language that no one actually uses socially in Dublin.

Back