Conor McGregor speaking Irish

optustattoo.jpg

Pretty amazing for a man who is so proud of his island and people and the city he's from and talks bad about others who move countries to train MMA and all that nonsense. At the end of the day, he's just a confused boy.
At least he doesn't worship a pedophile like your boy, "Khabib Fan".

But still you guys should learn a lesson or Two from Wales & Israel about preserving & resurrecting your own language or even from Basque province.

From what I understand, Isreali didn't resurrect shit, because the gap was that of almost 2 thousand years...

They've instead put up together entirely new language, formed out of Yiddish, Slavic languages, and elements of Ancient Hebrew.

And managed to school/raise significant amount of people to actually use this as native language.

Which is of course, even higher level of trying hard.

They do.

The most hardcore Scots you meet will be talking 'Scots' which derives from Middle English - if they want to fuck with you. English to Scots is basically like comparing Portugese to Spanish. Read some Trainspotting if you want see what it's about. Gaelic was mostly murdered out of the country. They all speak English but the accent is difficult.

Everybody in Ireland speaks English but some also have their Irish Gaelic. Which is an utterly different language group.

Thanks, didn't know that. Learn something new everyday.

Languages are crazy sometimes. I was deployed with a bunch of British Royal Air Force guys. They speak English but some have such a different accent I could not understand then at all. We had to have other British soldiers translate for the guys with thick accents lol.

Is it kind of like pikey's? And aren't British Air Force guys like the rangers and Seals? Heard they're complete bad asses.

Back