Conor McGregor has 2 title wins in 2 divisions in under 2 rounds against 2 all time greats:

conor was training for a 155lb fight...not a 170lb..they had equal time to train for each other...conor never ran. he reset..and it was only for a few seconds at a time...your opponent is supposed to stop what your doing...and everyone knows that fight was not scored correctly....how can you knock someone down 2x in a round, totally dominate the round and not have it be 10-8. if that fight was scored now, easily a 10-8..should have been back then as well...and a majority decision still means that not one judge had nate winning.
That´s a lot of conjecture and whataboutism. Conor ran for parts of the fight. Those were not resets. Don´t deny that and look silly. (it was probably the smart thing to do, since his cardio was in a bad place) I do agree that the majority decision was total BS, it was a clear Conor win.
But facts are facts.. Conor was training. Nate was vacationing. It was not the blowout you made it out to be.

In Aldo and Alvarez.

Yet there are still people who think this guy isn't any good.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are MMA fans, miraculously, who believe he is a fraud.

Does any other sport have fans who are so bitter and hateful that they lose all sense of perspective? I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

Sad state of affairs, gents. Because McGregor is truly elite.

mcgregor-aldo-gif-1.gif

giphy.gif

Nope. He's a hand fed lucky overrated fighter... Until he beats jbj, DC, a bear, the bears cubs, beats max again, ko prime Aldo, not actual prime Aldo, and doesn't spend the money he earned.

That´s a lot of conjecture and whataboutism. Conor ran for parts of the fight. Those were not resets. Don´t deny that and look silly. (it was probably the smart thing to do, since his cardio was in a bad place) I do agree that the majority decision was total BS, it was a clear Conor win.
But facts are facts.. Conor was training. Nate was vacationing. It was not the blowout you made it out to be.

Ok..we aren't too far off in our disagreement...haha do you think it's weird that nate performed better, without a full training camp, than with? I don't think it made one bit of difference...remember when stipe fought reem? reem literally turned his back and ran away...but stipe went after him, got him down and finished him...I don't think conor ran, but if he did, it's up to nate to stop him...a fighter will only do what he is allowed to do...I think conor was trying to break up nates momentum..which boxers often do..

Everybody did. His nickname the Underground King literally refers to the fact that he was always winning every non-UFC belt and in the top 5-10 for a decade and many people thought he was the uncrowned #1 LW in the world but simply had never gotten his shot in the UFC to prove it. Then he did and proved it.

The revisionist history is sad.
A lot considered him a good, but no one was calling an ATG.

So the forefathers of combat sports, the people who put in the blood and sweat to make boxing/mma exist...they're long held beliefs and philosophy of pugilism means nothing to a little noob fan weasel like you?
Your level of intellect becomes obvious when calling people you know nothing about a “noob”.

A lot considered him a good, but no one was calling an ATG.

He was literally the #2 ranked fighter in the world over a decade ago, behind only BJ Penn, and it was in dispute who should actually be #1. Over a decade ago. And he's still top 5 to this day. And was nearly that entire time, actually achieving #1.

Saying Eddie isn't an all time great is silly. He absolutely is.

I think he is a good fighter but I also realize that he almost always has the size advantage. That is a big advantage. If he loses to a Khabib he will have a losing record against fighters that are not smaller than he is. He will be 2-2 over the last 4 or 5 years. 2-3 if you count his loss to Floyd.

This is his most important fight to date. He will be fighting a larger, stronger fighter that is considered to be one of the best grapplers in MMA. If he beats Khabib I will be sold on his greatness. If he loses it will be apparent that he is only successful when he has a size advantage. If he does lose what does he do next?

I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

I think we may end up seeing a lot of "Conor only won because the fight never had a chance to go to the ground! Khabib would have wrecked him on the ground!"

He was literally the #2 ranked fighter in the world over a decade ago, behind only BJ Penn, and it was in dispute who should actually be #1. Over a decade ago. And he's still top 5 to this day. And was nearly that entire time, actually achieving #1.

Saying Eddie isn't an all time great is silly. He absolutely is.
You don't become an ATG by scraping by fighters and not hold unto your belt "long" enough, but I suppose everyone has different standards for ATG.

Back