Conor McGregor has 2 title wins in 2 divisions in under 2 rounds against 2 all time greats:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Never defended a title.
You mooks weaned on video games have the attention span of a gnat. You think a 13 second KO of Aldo proves how dominate Conor is in the big picture. It was a great moment, Conor won the mental game 10x and got Aldo to rush him, but show me a multi-round domination fighting their opponent at their opponents strength....

In other words, show me Jon "Bones" Jones type of domination and you guys can keep your fap material fantasy.

Waiver: Had a libation or two so I reserve the right to change any of this at anytime.

Most ppl here would root for a rapist over Conor.

Which pretty much tells you all you need to know about Conor.

People don't hate him because they're "gotten to" they hate him because he's an obnoxious punk who posts pictures of his erections in silver spandex.

Alvarez an all- time great? Seriously? No really, you're kidding right? Haha you almost had me there for a second! Nice try!

Wouldn't call Eddie an ATG

Alvarez an all-time great?

I was thinking the same thing.
<Huh2>

I'll take nothing away from the Aldo win, but Alvarez an all time great?? The fuck you been smoking my man

Alvarez all time great

<{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}>

Eddie is not an all time great lmao

Alvarez is NOT an all time great.

Conor fought an amazing fight. I think it was his very best performance but I think Alvarez is WOEFULLY overrated. Fuck im

Says a lot about Conor haters that they're disputing the fact that the most accomplished LW of all time, who has won the belt in nearly every major organization he fought in, who beat every single one of his organizational counterparts except Gomi who he never faced, who has fought the most top 5 fighters of anybody at LW, is not an all time great lmfao.

Jesus, get some help people.

Says a lot about Conor haters that they're disputing the fact that the most accomplished LW of all time, who has won the belt in nearly every major organization he fought in, who beat every single one of his organizational counterparts except Gomi who he never faced, who has fought the most top 5 fighters of anybody at LW, is not an all time great lmfao.

Eddie is 4-3-1 in the UFC.
Sure he "beat every single one of his organizational counterparts" like Aoki and Chandler, but he also got submitted by both of them too.
His Bellator title was a win against Toby Imada and he only defended it once.

Eddie is an elite fighter no doubt, but to say he's an "all time great" is ridiculous, it'd be a stretch to even say he's an all time great lightweight. I'd easily put BJ, Edgar, Benson ahead of him, possibly Pettis too despite having a loss to Eddie.

Before the fights, conors opponents are the greatest. conor is a bum he has no chance.

after the fights, conor fought a bum. he just wasnt thinking straight. etc.

Which pretty much tells you all you need to know about Conor.

People don't hate him because they're "gotten to" they hate him because he's an obnoxious punk who posts pictures of his erections in silver spandex.

Lol..

Uh huh

Outside of his win over RDA he has been very underwhelming in the UFC. Yeah he beat Gaethje, which wasn't much of a surprise or that big of a win.
Now if you take his best LW wins outside the UFC, there's just a handful in Aoki, Chandler (1-1), and Kawajiri. Don't confuse quantity with quality.
IMO, that hardly qualifies him for an ATG. Maybe at LW, but certainly not overall.
But obviously it's just my opinion against yours, until they create a definitive system to decide who is great and who isn't.

Lol only UFC fights count. Ok then why not include his wins over Melendez and Pettis? He has two wins over UFC champions, one former and one current in RDA who was wrecking everyone. Is he the greatest ever? Hell no but he's top 10 best 155'er for sure. He's almost 35 and is still top 5.

Eddie has left his mark but is not an all time great. I watched eddie from dream to bellator to ufc. Always loved a lot of his fights.

All time great should not be a loose term and giving it to eddie is a bit loose. If there was a legit mma Hall of Fame he would be in that for sure. Like other sports have, theyre not easy to get in. UFC has turned hof into a joke though. But all time great is a term for very few.

Squeaked out a win over Melendez, cage fucked and walled n’ stalled Pettis and was recently destroyed by Poirer. Pump your brakes on all time great stuff. It’s off and don’t try to flip the scrip like people are crazy to think he’s not. He’s not.

How do that micro penis feel up your butt ts? He's still Nate and Floyd's bitch!

In Aldo and Alvarez.

Yet there are still people who think this guy isn't any good.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are MMA fans, miraculously, who believe he is a fraud.

Does any other sport have fans who are so bitter and hateful that they lose all sense of perspective? I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

Sad state of affairs, gents. Because McGregor is truly elite.

mcgregor-aldo-gif-1.gif

giphy.gif
Bless your tender little heart.

You think eddie alvarez is an all time great.

7 pages in and I'm severely disappointed that no one has defended Eddie by linking the " Ya'll really have no clue who Eddie alverez is do you?" thread by natural born runner.

Conner's win over Eddie was very impressive, but Eddie has been fighting since 2003 and is well past his prime. Much the same is true for Conner's win over Aldo. When it's 2023 and Conner is KOed by a youngster, it won't mean that much.
Stop it, you and I both know your talking out of your ass, Aldo was 31, conor took his soul, Aldo was very prime. Eddie win the light weight belt the fucking very last fight and got his ass whooped by Conor, Eddie was very in his prime with a nice streak to the belt and whooping RDA

It's historically and commonly accepted that a fighter who never defends a title is not a legit champion.

Conor was never a real champ.

If that is the case then Dos Anjos is the last light weight champion? because no one was defended the title since him, and two of the recent champions never even fought a champion to win there titles.

The problem is that the Aldo fight showed nothing. One punch was thrown and it landed. Could happen to anyone. Conor never defended so no telling if it was a fluke.

Back