Conor McGregor has 2 title wins in 2 divisions in under 2 rounds against 2 all time greats:

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In Aldo and Alvarez.

Yet there are still people who think this guy isn't any good.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are MMA fans, miraculously, who believe he is a fraud.

Does any other sport have fans who are so bitter and hateful that they lose all sense of perspective? I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

Sad state of affairs, gents. Because McGregor is truly elite.

mcgregor-aldo-gif-1.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
It's historically and commonly accepted that a fighter who never defends a title is not a legit champion.

Conor was never a real champ.

Wouldn't call Eddie an ATG, but no one has ever handled Aldo and Alvarez the way Conor did.

Wouldn't call Eddie an ATG, but no one has ever handled Aldo and Alvarez the way Conor did.

People have only been watching MMA for two weeks shouldn't really be discussing the history of it. Eddie is one of the greatest.

I agree. Those two performances were two of the most dominating performances in a championship match in MMA history.

Of course if/when Khabib loses, most of the detractors here will turn on him and discredit him so that they won't have to give Conor much credit for the victory.

I'll take nothing away from the Aldo win, but Alvarez an all time great?? The fuck you been smoking my man

Personally, I don’t think McGregor is the best lightweight in the UFC. This does not equate to me thinking he “isn’t any good”. As with a lot of fighters, he is both overrated and underrated here on Sherdog. It’s not uncommon in fight sports for an offensive powerhouse to look utterly dominant when things are going well, and pretty mediocre when they’re not. To me, McGregor fits in this category. Does that make me a hater?

Alvarez IS an all time great. What's going on here is that a lot of you never heard his name before he fought in the UFC. Go watch some fights, noobs.

Alvarez is NOT an all time great.

Conor fought an amazing fight. I think it was his very best performance but I think Alvarez is WOEFULLY overrated. Fuck im

In Aldo and Alvarez.

Yet there are still people who think this guy isn't any good.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are MMA fans, miraculously, who believe he is a fraud.

Does any other sport have fans who are so bitter and hateful that they lose all sense of perspective? I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

Sad state of affairs, gents. Because McGregor is truly elite.

mcgregor-aldo-gif-1.gif

giphy.gif

who are these people calling conor trash. conor is a great fighter but not the goat that his fan boys say.

cause in the words of so many fans belts are meaningless now.

Back