Conor McGregor Criticizes MayMac Ref: ‘I knew I wasn’t going to get a fair shake’

Was the ref biased?

• Total voters
I thought he gave conor plenty of leeway. He got in plenty of grappling and hammer fists to the back of floyds head.
The stoppage was fine. The guy didn’t put his hands up or try and throw a single shot back lol. What does he want ? He showed the ref nothing . He didn’t want to be in the fight anymore . I’ve seen more tired fighters still firing back and more hurt fighters still trying to defend themselves. If Conor wants to blame anyone for the stoppage he should look in the mirror

Typical. People like Conor can never take responsibility for their shortcomings. <45>

the way he goes on about winning the first few rounds is why he cant improve past a certain point. floyd was in there letting him throw whatever he wanted, waiting for him to gas out, which he did. floyd always at the very least takes the first round off to measure up his opponent, and often more than the first round. i barely know shit about boxing and even i know that. its pretty baffling that he can be that fucking dumb, its kinda embarassing actually

I've seen many fights stopped where the guy wanted to keep going and felt robbed.

Conor looked at the ref like he was Santa bringing a present on Christmas, he was relieved not mad. It doesn't matter what he says, the smile on his face said it all.

Agreed but I think Conor is the type of guy who can omit that from his memory.

Not sure exactly but he seems capable of delusional tendencies.

he should thank the ref. for his health
but again,Conor didnt dissapoint with his humble comments

I thought Conor took him the first few rounds, but he was inefficient with his composure. Floyd was efficient with his composure. dat was the difference.

The only thing that looked biased from the ref was when he was giving instructions and he keep directing them at Conor. Other than that, as people mentioned he let him get away with hammerfists to the back of the gead. Mcgregor even said after the fight he thought the ref did a good job

The guy got away with so many hammer fists. He got saved from having custard for brains while getting a nice payday. Sounds like a sook tbh.

He cant just let it go...

Hes such a tiny little man physically and mentally.. this will eat at him for the rest of his life. He legitimately thinks he stood a chance... floyd walked him down using almost no defense..

Conor McGregor criticizes MayMac referee: ‘I knew I wasn’t going to get a fair shake’

GLASGOW –Conor McGregor criticized referee Robert Byrd’s stoppage of his bout with Floyd Mayweather immediately after his defeat to the undefeated boxer.

On Friday night in Glasgow he went further, lambasting Byrd’s action during the fight, immediately before the fight and even the company the Hall of Fame referee keeps outside of the ring.

The UFC lightweight champion only was made aware that the referee was married to controversial judge Adalaide Bird, who was suspending following her scoring of the Gennady Golovkin versus Saul “Canelo” Alvarez fight.

“Adalaide Byrd’s husband Robert Byrd, that’s all I’ll say on that,” McGregor replied when Caroline Pearce asked him how he felt about the 10th-round stoppage in the Mayweather fight. “That’s her husband.”

He continued, explaining his feeling on the initial face off with Mayweather before the fight, in which Byrd had to give both competitors a rundown of the rules. He also criticized the referee’s physicality when separating in the two fighters in the clinch.

“When we came face to face and we were doing the rules thing, he was only staring at me. I’m looking at him staring at me and I could see in my peripheral vision that he was looking at me and not looking at Floyd,” he said.

“I was going to say, ‘He’s fighting as well, mate. Give him the f**king rules. I don’t know, what was going on there?

“Every time we tied he literally wrestled me off him. It is what it is, I knew I wasn’t going to get a fair shake out there.”

Considering the stoppage, McGregor remarked that Byrd had jumped in “at the first sign of a wobble”.

“I thought it was an early stoppage. How the f**k can you stop a fight if there were no knockdowns or nothing previous?” he asked.

Look at how he read the rules to Conor says all I need to know about that. If you don't think he was at least a little biased you're a blatant moron.

He should give that ref half his pay for saving his ass and thank floyd for taking it easy on him.

Even then he is blubbering and stumbling around like the bum he was that night.

LOL
...now it is the refs fault, that he lost to Mayweather...

Well this time he couldn't say that his opponent was 3 times
bigger than him...lol...so he needs another excuse...

Cartman should come over and lick those salty tears from his face...

Look at how he read the rules to Conor says all I need to know about that. If you don't think he was at least a little biased you're a blatant moron.

Conor was still fouling all night. Ref should have put a gimp mask and ball gag on conor, some leather hotpants. Needs more discipline

You can't win new fans by complaining. I don't see why he's doing this. It only weakens his reputation.

Conor was given more chances than most. He could have gotten warnings or even a point deduction for his grappling/hammer fist nonsense. The ref seemed to give him more leeway because he was a boxing beginner.

Conor was still fouling all night. Ref should have put a gimp mask and ball gag on conor, some leather hotpants. Needs more discipline

Those were pitter patter shots. Conor was stopping half way most of the time. Floyd can live with a few shots to the back of the head. In fact, he needed them.

The only thing that looked biased from the ref was when he was giving instructions and he keep directing them at Conor. Other than that, as people mentioned he let him get away with hammerfists to the back of the gead. Mcgregor even said after the fight he thought the ref did a good job

I thought after the fight, the ref looked vindicated in the way he was looking at McGregor when reading out the instructions.

This guy keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse. The disrespect, the delusion, the conspiracy theories. Did he forget he hit Floyd with dozens of illegal punches and not one single point was taken away from him?
In any other fight, he most likely would've been DQ'd.

Back