Conor McGregor Criticizes MayMac Ref: ‘I knew I wasn’t going to get a fair shake’

Was the ref biased?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor McGregor criticizes MayMac referee: ‘I knew I wasn’t going to get a fair shake’

GLASGOW –Conor McGregor criticized referee Robert Byrd’s stoppage of his bout with Floyd Mayweather immediately after his defeat to the undefeated boxer.

On Friday night in Glasgow he went further, lambasting Byrd’s action during the fight, immediately before the fight and even the company the Hall of Fame referee keeps outside of the ring.

The UFC lightweight champion only was made aware that the referee was married to controversial judge Adalaide Bird, who was suspending following her scoring of the Gennady Golovkin versus Saul “Canelo” Alvarez fight.

“Adalaide Byrd’s husband Robert Byrd, that’s all I’ll say on that,” McGregor replied when Caroline Pearce asked him how he felt about the 10th-round stoppage in the Mayweather fight. “That’s her husband.”

He continued, explaining his feeling on the initial face off with Mayweather before the fight, in which Byrd had to give both competitors a rundown of the rules. He also criticized the referee’s physicality when separating in the two fighters in the clinch.

“When we came face to face and we were doing the rules thing, he was only staring at me. I’m looking at him staring at me and I could see in my peripheral vision that he was looking at me and not looking at Floyd,” he said.

“I was going to say, ‘He’s fighting as well, mate. Give him the f**king rules. I don’t know, what was going on there?

“Every time we tied he literally wrestled me off him. It is what it is, I knew I wasn’t going to get a fair shake out there.”

Considering the stoppage, McGregor remarked that Byrd had jumped in “at the first sign of a wobble”.

“I thought it was an early stoppage. How the f**k can you stop a fight if there were no knockdowns or nothing previous?” he asked.

What is he talking about, he let Conor away with a lot in that fight, he should have gotten points taken away for all of those hammerfists.

Thats bullshit. The ref let him get away with like a hundred rabbit punches. He should just take the L and move on but hell be selling his bullshit for as long as people Will buy it. It was stopped because he quit.

Shouldn't the headline really be "Conor confirms he's not a boxer and doesn't know the rules of boxing"
A 50-0 pro boxer with an Olympic medal doesn't need to be told the rules, he already knows them.

Conor is so lucky that Byrd stopped it when he did. Gets to keep extra brain cells and cry riggage so his fanbois think that he actually had a chance of winning

Rabbit punches, nut shots, you should be thankful.

$

Conor is such a clown. To think his fans claim he's humble in defeat, he always makes excuses. He thinks he's the greatest thing ever and he only loses because he gets tired or the ref is biased.

Straight after the fight he was downplaying Floyds speed and power, the same Floyd who was punting him about the ring and had him on bambi legs. LMAO. Yeah, if a no power having and slow 40 year old did that to you, good luck against a heavy hitter, you'll be carried out on a stretcher.

"dat wer erly wef, dat wer erly"

at one point Conor attempted a takedown

and the ref just let it go

the ref was biased towards Conor

Why not call out Golovkin or Canelo? I'm sure either one wouldn't mind leaving him braindead in the middle of the ring, which is what he's asking for.

What is he talking about, he let Conor away with a lot in that fight, he should have gotten points taken away for all of those hammerfists.

This is why I voted very biased but not in the way Conor thinks.

Bullshit. The only thing he actually could complain about is this elbow:

It's impossible for the ref to catch everything that happens in there though. Mcgregor is salty a f.

Shouldn't the headline really be "Conor confirms he's not a boxer and doesn't know the rules of boxing"
A 50-0 pro boxer with an Olympic medal doesn't need to be told the rules, he already knows them.

Come on, there are people who have never boxed a day in their lives that know Conor was getting away with fouls left right and centre.

Conor knows the rules but his ego is so big he's having to delude himself about several aspects to of that fight.

I also thought he let Conor get away with way more then he should have. He also saved Conor from taking more brain damage then if he let it go any longer, as he had nothing left except been a punching bag.

He should be sending that referee a box of chocolates for saving him from certain brain damage

Ref was incredibly biased -- he should have let the fight go on much longer so Mayweather would have destroyed even more brain cells in McGregor's head and had a more definitive and spectacular stoppage of Conor

Back