Conor clowns on Crawford and current boxing

Crawford is fighting can after can. Doesn't have 1 big name on his resume unless you consider Gamboa who just lost to a bum who's 24-13 lol
Admittedly, this is the problem with boxing. There are like ten guys that are well known and so few marquee match ups. By UFC consolidating all the fighters under one roof, marketing them, stacking cards, they were really able to pull ahead of boxing. Crawford, Loma, Riggy, even GGG to an extent, all lack these marquee match up wins. Every time I see Loma or Crawford fighting, I always say "who da cook is dat guy?". And the craziest thing is, they all have these 30-0 records but chock full of guys with no Wikipedia pages. Indongo may be go may be a much better fighter than Poirier, but I guarantee you more people know who Dustin Poirier is.

There are just too many promoters, too much bureaucracy, too many belts and then mediocre mandatory title matches for all their belts if they want to keep their belts.

Obviously, the upside to being all under one stable is increased visibility and fans buying your match ups, but the downside is you run the risk of getting hosed over, like the UFC does to it's fighters.

Crawford was -2000 in that recent fight. Should a unification of all titles be that lopsided?

Admittedly, this is the problem with boxing. There are like ten guys that are well known and so few marquee match ups. By UFC consolidating all the fighters under one roof, marketing them, stacking cards, they were really able to pull ahead of boxing. Crawford, Loma, Riggy, even GGG to an extent, all lack these marquee match up wins. Every time I see Loma or Crawford fighting, I always say "who da cook is dat guy?". And the craziest thing is, they all have these 30-0 records but chock full of guys with no Wikipedia pages. Indongo may be go may be a much better fighter than Poirier, but I guarantee you more people know who Dustin Poirier is.

There are just too many promoters, too much bureaucracy, too many belts and then mediocre mandatory title matches for all their belts if they want to keep their belts.

Obviously, the upside to being all under one stable is increased visibility and fans buying your match ups, but the downside is you run the risk of getting hosed over, like the UFC does to it's fighters.
Main reason why UFC is a lot more exciting than boxing. Sure, watching Lomachenko fight is nice, but who can get excited over seeing him beat yet another can? Loma vs Rigo would be an interesting and exciting fight. GGG vs Canelo is one, but before that fight was made, GGG's fights weren't really exciting yet.

Compared to UFC, where the top fighters are pretty much always fighting someone that's got a chance, at least on paper, of defeating them.

Niether does conor

He will after this Saturday.

giphy.gif

The retards are out in force, swallowing up everything the UFC hype machine feeds them.

oh the old boxing is dying Schmitt, yet conor had to go to boxing to make big bank. If boxing was dying, they wouldn't be able to afford anything in that multitude. Conor is an idiot , he acts like he know what's he talking about and his flat footed karate stance is going to make a difference . It's not a race card , it's a simple fact some races dominate boxing , how is that boxing in generals fault ?

Conor went to Mayweather specifically, not boxing in general. Without Mayweather's personality and drawing power, he doesn't bother to cross over to boxing at all.

Also, let's not forget that Mayweather came out of retirement for an MMA guy, not another boxer. Why? Because there's more money in it for him to fight that MMA guy, than there is in it to fight anyone there is in boxing.

Main reason why UFC is a lot more exciting than boxing. Sure, watching Lomachenko fight is nice, but who can get excited over seeing him beat yet another can? Loma vs Rigo would be an interesting and exciting fight. GGG vs Canelo is one, but before that fight was made, GGG's fights weren't really exciting yet.

Compared to UFC, where the top fighters are pretty much always fighting someone that's got a chance, at least on paper, of defeating them.

Lomachenko/Rigo is essentially made, and based on insider info, it's probably not going to be that competitive (rumours suggest Rigo doesn't really take boxing all that seriously anymore, he's cashing out). Lomachenko actually has the same amount of top 10 wins as McGregor despite only having 9 fights, it's just that he's much better at his sport than McGregor is, making his fights seem like foregone conclusions (it's also much harder to convince the boxing public that everyone anywhere near the top of the sport is some killer as the UFC is like to try and do with their roster). Granted, he shouldn't be fighting the likes of Marriaga. Boxing has had a much stronger year in terms of making interesting and important fights than MMA.

Last edited:

That's the difference. I always here boxing dorks try to play-up their technique is more masterful than work done in MMA using their records compared to MMA. Even disregarding the ruleset and how that plays a factor, just the fact that these guys have much longer amateur careers AND THEN still fight 20 to 30 absolute bums to pad their record, AND THEN STILL won't fight the best fighters till the end of their career. Then there's like 50 fucking divisions...

If anyone has noticed, boxing has been completely built to make spectacular fighters out of non-spectacular fighters and keep them there. It's a rigged and outdated system, and on paper it sounds good. Almost like a fake wrestling match where two unstoppable forces collide after years of anticipation, but in reality people don't give a fuck about all that. They just want to see a good knock and they've answered boxing's delusion with their format by parading out of there and into MMA where they can see the best fighters fight and that's it.

Crawford would fuck conor up. I love how conor is just constantly disrespecting the sport of boxing, dudes getting a nice slice of humble pie on saturday.

After floyd whoops him expect another " i am humble in defeat. i took the risk" speech like he had post diaz.
maxresdefault.jpg

Hes gonna be extra quiet really soon lmao

Lomachenko/Rigo is essentially made, and based on insider info, it's probably not going to be that competitive (rumours suggest Rigo doesn't really take boxing all that seriously anymore, he's cashing out). Lomachenko actually has the same amount of top 10 wins as McGregor despite only having 9 fights, it's just that he's much better at his sport than McGregor is, making his fights seem like foregone conclusions (it's also much harder to convince the boxing public that everyone on the UFC roster is some killer as the UFC is like to try and do). Granted, he shouldn't be fighting the likes of Marriaga. Boxing has had a much stronger year in terms of making interesting and important fights than MMA.
Lomachenko doesn't have a single boxing win that's even close to McGregor beating Aldo. Mendes and Alvarez are also better wins than any Lomachenko has. Saying "top 10" doesn't mean anything especially when the context is that the top 10 in boxing is incredibly diluted.

You better not block me on Saturday

Half these guys will never come back to this forum. I can't wait for the "outdated" striking of Mayweather to make Conor look like a fool.

Half these guys will never come back to this forum. I can't wait for the "outdated" striking of Mayweather to make Conor look like a fool.
I like you inside and outside of the WR!

Lomachenko doesn't have a single boxing win that's even close to McGregor beating Aldo. Mendes and Alvarez are also better wins than any Lomachenko has. Saying "top 10" doesn't mean anything especially when the context is that the top 10 in boxing is incredibly diluted.

Gary Russell Jr. is likely the best FW in the world. Lomachenko beat him soundly in his 3rd professional fight. Walters is every bit the win Mendes is (especially considering Mendes was on such short notice) and is likely a better fighter relative to sport than Alvarez, despite Alvarez's somewhat miraculous win over dos Anjos. You can argue that the top 10 in boxing divisions is incredibly diluted relative to MMA, but there are approximately 5x more professional boxers worldwide than MMA fighters, and boxing actually has an international amateur infrastructure (and on top of that, the UFC doesn't co-promote, further calling into question the UFC's talent pool).

Back