Conor about his plans for 2018...

As long as he defends or drops the belt I wish him the best of luck.

He has become a victim of his own ego. Sad to see. Conor is now nothing more than a product, lacking substance and repeating the same shtick. In a consumer-driven society that is built on obsolescence, I don't think he will be able to handle it when he is no longer required and becomes irrelevant. As for the argument "who cares, he has plenty of money", that means nothing when your life is devoid of purpose. He has become the person he promised he wouldn't.

Ok. Steady yourself, man.

A victim of what? A 100 million dollar payday?

Pray explain, in detail, how is a man who earned that much money and, by all accounts available, is working on investing and increasing that wealth through business ventures, a victim? Do people here honestly believe that he'll be suffering if he remains just a rich-as-ever-loving-shit former plumber-come-cagefighter-come-faux-boxer?

Are we really going with this narrative? Are you all completely insane?

Just strip him and let him fight when he wants
It s the second time he prevents other fighters to fight for the legitimate belt

“We could see Conor McGregor anywhere. I run the fight game, the fashion game, the whiskey game, or whatever the next business endeavour might be.
Run the fight game? 2-2 since 2016. Fashion game? Who's wearing McGregor's suits over Zegna, Prada, etc.? What even is the name of his "fashion" brand? lol Whiskey game? What bar is serving Notorious whiskey?

This shows how unconfident he is in his abilities

Knows he'll get KO'd and lose his drawing power

I know that UFC, Dana in particular, are infamous for making crazy decisions, but not having stripped Conor yet is one of the most ridiculous of them all.

I say this as a massive fan of watching Conor fight. Please don't mistake this with being a "Conor fan". I like his fighting style, and love/loathe him - when he fights it's really exciting and a cool event.

He said this in a betsafe.com interview today (at least published today):

“My focus is getting back into the right ring or octagon. 2017 was historic. I have transcended both the sport of MMA and boxing.

“At this stage of my career, as it has been for the majority of my UFC career, potential opponents must lobby for fights with me.

“We could see Conor McGregor anywhere. I run the fight game, the fashion game, the whiskey game, or whatever the next business endeavour might be.

“I have every intention of fighting in 2018 if my compensation and business development endeavours accurately reflect my influence on combat sports.

“Me and my team are in continued negotiations with the UFC, and if the deal makes commercial sense, I look forward to fighting for my company in 2018.”

Meeeeh. I think he will say same things in 2018/19/20. By this time he will run the space travel business, new technologies business, car industry and many many more.
Time to strip him of the title and move on

Conor has to realise that his value is dropping very fast while he sits there talking bullshit and waiting for the right money.
You're absolutely right, but you need to realise that he's got more money than he needs. If he's going to risk his health again, it's gonna be for a boatload of cash or it's not worth it. You think he wants CTE from staying in the game too long?

As a fan, it's enraging. I want the LAW division to move forward and his fuckery is preventing that. But I also get where he's coming from. If I had enough money to love comfortably forever, I'd probably not want to risk my health either. Especially with a kid to take care of.

Fuck him. The whole businessman shtick gets old. People liked him for being a fighter, not an entrepreneur turning MMA into Shark Tank.

he'll do whatever for how long to stay relevant without fighting

there's a thread of him that has nothing to do with fighting, instead a pic with a whore

his hardcore fans keep him relevant and he knows this
That thread was started by the haters and most of the comments are from haters. The haters have always been more active. For some reason those dudes never got the "McGregoat" joke.

First thread i read on sherdog where I agree 100percent with every all first 20replies.. all mentioned something that makes sense.. down to, we re not haters, we recognize the fighter as a phenom, but he should fight in order to keep us fight fans interested. Also agree, lets stop throwing his name around for whatever megalomaniac set he has in mind until he actually FIGHT.

Strip him. He hasn't defended his belt in over a year.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9--mma-ufc-muay-thai.jpg

Let's just all pretend the whole Conor thing never happened and move on pls.

That thread was started by the haters and most of the comments are from haters. The haters have always been more active. For some reason those dudes never got the "McGregoat" joke.

my correction

both sides will keep him relevant, as along anyone mentions him or talks about him, he'll be relevant. even if he doesn't fight

Run the fight game? 2-2 since 2016. Fashion game? Who's wearing McGregor's suits over Zegna, Prada, etc.? What even is the name of his "fashion" brand? lol Whiskey game? What bar is serving Notorious whiskey?

Never has a fighter who was 2-2 (and could have easily been 1-3) in his last 4 fights thought more of himself. But, people are still talking about him, so I guess it's working.

After a $100 million year, you think his team is starving?

I doubt that money was distributed such that the entire team can just sit and wait. The people who need the fighter to be active to make a living will put some pressure on him.

Maybe his coach and a couple of important trainers got a big cut. The rest of the team...I doubt it.

Back