Congress refuses to indugle Sessions' reefer madness.

I agree and now I see what you meant by that post.

I firmly believe most old folks can never accept new ideas and because of thst shouldn't be making decisions for 24 year olds when they're In their 70s.

I'm sure there are some good ones who wake up, read the paper, correspond over a bunch of mediums, ask for a variety of opinions, question themselves...but they aren't any more than a fringe. I guess the House is actually a pretty good reflection of society in that way. But they're supposed to be better.

Man, could you ever put a lot of names in the beginning of that sentence. Rough time to be a politically aware 20 or 30-something.

If it weren't for our dystopian financial and environmental future, I'd say it's even harder to be a politically aware 60 or 70-something person. I cannot imagine the turmoil of some of the brilliant political minds of older generations watching their friends, family, and member of their high school classes support such mindless, hateful, and all-around indefensible policies.

I'm sure there are some good ones who wake up, read the paper, correspond over a bunch of mediums, ask for a variety of opinions, question themselves...but they aren't any more than a fringe. I guess the House is actually a pretty good reflection of society in that way. But they're supposed to be better.

I did say most old folks. Not all but def most can't accept new ideas.

I just csnt see how someone in their 70s should be making long lasting decisions for young people

Like marijuana and net neutrality.

If it weren't for our dystopian financial and environmental future, I'd say it's even harder to be a politically aware 60 or 70-something person. I cannot imagine the turmoil of some of the brilliant political minds of older generations watching their friends, family, and member of their high school classes support such mindless, hateful, and all-around indefensible policies.

True, but at least they got to live most of their lives on the happy side of world history. The credit cards are all maxed and they get to die. Like you said though, I'm sure a lot of them feel as helpless as we do.

These threads are always funny to see all the states rights liberals comments.

The very same people that's say if you say states rights you are a racist.

And just for information I think it should be legal to grow a couple of plants for your own use.

It's funny that this is the one area where so many people, who otherwise support Sessions' nonsensical, reductive, and needlessly punitive platform, suddenly take a principled stand.

Yeah it would be nice if more people realized that everything Sessions stands for is fucking horrific. The guy literally wakes up every morning with one thought: there aren't enough Americans behind bars.

These threads are always funny to see all the states rights liberals comments.

The very same people that's say if you say states rights you are a racist.

And just for information I think it should be legal to grow a couple of plants for your own use.

Well, I think the general consensus is that it should be legal federally, but since Sessions is on the warpath this is the best we can get. That's a whole different ball of wax than the things that State's Rights are usually used for, though it is a good reminder of what the purpose of the practice should be.

Sessions is a piece of shit and an outdated relic that has no business making decisions for younger generations.

This. The guy's name sounds like a fucking civil war general. He's from the deep south and he's 70 years old. Honestly I hope he goes after the states that have legalized weed. The backlash well be well worth it.

This. The guy's name sounds like a fucking civil war general. He's from the deep south and he's 70 years old. Honestly I hope he goes after the states that have legalized weed. The backlash well be well worth it.

He looks like a perfecting casting for a movie. The role would be old white Alabama lawyer or politician. He looks like what a director would want for thst role lol

Well, I think the general consensus is that it should be legal federally, but since Sessions is on the warpath this is the best we can get. That's a whole different ball of wax than the things that State's Rights are usually used for, though it is a good reminder of what the purpose of the practice should be.

States rights.

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Like I said lots of liberals don't want to hear states rights unless it's about weed then they scream for it. You don't get to pick and chose and try to hold the moral high ground about states rights. You support states rights or you don't.

The only exception is a supreme court ruling that a state has overstepped their rights and a state law is unconstitutional.

The fedural classification of weed is constitutional and the feds could legaly enforce it.

I would love to see a case where the feds made a case and arested someone that was legal in the state and it go to the Supreme Court. With the hope that it would uphold states rights on this.

It would be funny as hell with the liberals not known what to do because supporting states rights is racist but it's "weed man".

I did say most old folks. Not all but def most can't accept new ideas.

I just csnt see how someone in their 70s should be making long lasting decisions for young people

Like marijuana and net neutrality.

I what age would you propose that we no longer allow people to make policy decisions about the future? Serious question.

That's a move I can support. Sessions is bigly out of touch on this issue.

Sessions is an old fuddy duddy.

The states that have been wise enough are seeing profits ranging into the hundreds of millions.
None of them are going to turn their backs on that free money.
"Funding to fix our failing schools and roadways? No thanks! "

I what age would you propose that we no longer allow people to make policy decisions about the future? Serious question.

Well at 70 you're disconnected from the importance of the Internet. Young people and the Internet go hand in hand.

Back