Congrats to Ward, Now It Is Time to Face the King

Sadly, Ward has a pulse. It's eliminatory.

I dont think kov wanted that fight. Ive seen adonis step in the ring and call him out, i never seen it the other way around

also ive always said adonis beats kov, and many have called me crazy.

ward is too smart for him tho
Yeah I always thought Adonis beats Kov too.

So now Adonis is better than Kov ?

Always was...
Then I bought the hype where media and vocal minority where saying is was a fight between number 1 and 2 pound for pound

My mistake

They probably want to give Bivol some more time before having him step up with someone of Ward's calibre. It's about time for Gvozdyk to do so.

Stevenson is a weird fighter to judge here. He doesn't have a particularly active lead hand (which one would assume is pretty much a death sentence against Andre Ward), but he's still got speed, decent footwork, and maybe the best left hand in the sport. He's also not terrible on the inside. One would assume that Stevenson's fairly significant flaws wouldn't allow him to beat the likes of Ward or Kovalev, but if (pretty significant if) he ever gets in the ring with either of them, he'll still be fairly dangerous.

Gvozdyk is supposed to fight Joe Smith Jr next in a mandatory. After that I assume the winner will get Stevenson or Ward, or at least one of the major title shots.

Bivol I expect it will be another 12-18 months before he is pushed into a big fight but I expect a lot from him, I think he can beat Ward, Kovalev or Stevenson.

Not sure where Artur Beterbiev fits into all of this but I'd like him to face Stevenson or Ward soon.

Then I bought the hype where media and vocal minority where saying is was a fight between number 1 and 2 pound for pound

My mistake
I talk in match-ups, not what other people think I should think.

I talk in match-ups, not what other people think I should think.
Except boxing pros right =)
We all have our opinions all good , makes for fun boxing talk

Except boxing pros right =)
We all have our opinions all good , makes for fun boxing talk
No doubt they were the #1 and #2 guys (Ward - Kovalev)....Where did I say they weren't?

Doesnt mean I shouldn't believe an Adonis match-up doesnt bode well for Kovalev. When has Kovalev handled a lefy with ease? Or a guy wth a left like Adonis? When has he handled a high level Champion at any time in his career for that matter? He been smashing guys, but to me he's never been any different than GGG. Not completely proven yet looks unbeatable up to a point...I felt that way before Ward even came into the mix. I dont see how just cause I believe one of the two top RANKED boxers can't be beaten by someone outside of that Top 2 is strange.

No doubt they were the #1 and #2 guys (Ward - Kovalev)....Where did I say they weren't?

Doesnt mean I shouldn't believe an Adonis match-up doesnt bode well for Kovalev.
Superman will be another tense fight !! I expect the true Ward haters jumping on the Adonis bandwagon lol ,

This time Ward is getting. Koed

Superman will be another tense fight !! I expect the true Ward haters jumping on the Adonis bandwagon lol ,

This time Ward is getting. Koed
It'll be interesting. Adonis is 39, I hate that, that is the case.

Stevenson and PBC want this fight next. What does Ward have to do to get it made.

I'd LOVE to see Ward (or Kovalev for that matter) face SuperDuck.... but, I ain't buying it on ppv.

You seem excited

EnIGUnJ.gif
The invisible facial... love it.

what are your thoughts on ward vs adonis
Good fight. For maybe two rounds, with the underlying tension that anytime Stevenson can uncorck a left hand from armageddon. I believe Ward would come into that knowing to stay away from the left and circle to the other side almost exclusivvly ,testing the level of other skills Adonis may or may not have. Against Kovalev it would be weapon vs weapon, may the last ig shot win. Both offensive juggarnaughts wth Adonis having alittle more firepower and being a lefty. Against Ward there's too much other stuff that leans toward Andre winning. And we haven't seen Adonis really deal with bodywork, something you know Ward is gonna come with early and often.

Good fight. For maybe two rounds, with the underlying tension that anytime Stevenson can uncorck a left hand from armageddon. I believe Ward would come into that knowing to stay away from the left and circle to the other side almost exclusivvly ,testing the level of other skills Adonis may or may not have. Against Kovalev it would be weapon vs weapon, may the last ig shot win. Both offensive juggarnaughts wth Adonis having alittle more firepower and being a lefty. Against Ward there's too much other stuff that leans toward Andre winning. And we haven't seen Adonis really deal with bodywork, something you know Ward is gonna come with early and often.

I like your take.

You know kov losing may open up the adonis fight a little more. Im being optimistic here. I still would love to see that fight

Ward will pitch a shutout vs Adonis if this happens. It wont be close or competitive.

The Ward vs Adonis winner should face a Eleider Alvarez vs Artur Beterbiev winner.

Back