Community Demands Answers In Police Killing Of Unarmed Black Man

I was in classes with black kids and they had the hardest time obeying teachers instructions. Lots of drama and punishment over simple stuff. Don’t want to bow down to the man.

The youth I work with that have barriers to learning and employment are mostly white.

Strange.

I’ve spent more time in the Hood than 99% of shartdog.

It’s not a color thing, it’s a culture thing. Plenty of black folks are fine law abiding citizens. You’ll find they have caring engaged parents.

Any child not taught the consequences of their decisions is bound to fail.
Are you saying only black kids ever lack caring engaged parents? If not, why is it we never hear of unarmed white kids getting killed? And please try to answer without relying on some MSM conspiracy to report only on black people being killed by cops.

Are you saying only black kids ever lack caring engaged parents? If not, why is it we never hear of unarmed white kids getting killed? And please try to answer without relying on some MSM conspiracy to report only on black people being killed by cops.

Of course not.

More whites are shot by cops every year. For instance,
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...lice-killing-without-a-hint-of-racism/546983/

The media is a profit driven division machine. If they can’t sell the outrage, they don’t cover it.

PS, notice the one time the news stopped criticizing trump? When they were sucking his cock and beating the war drum. Covering war is big bucks for the media.

PPS, remember when cnn was staging war coverage?

i dont see an issue here. guy never listened to a single thing the cops said. they were more than patient with him. then he turned and acted like he was going to shoot them. for some reason lately it seems many people just think you can tell the cops no and they should just say ok and leave.

not sure how anyone can rationally defend the deceased. after being slow with everything he turns quickly to act like he is going to shoot. are cops supposed to wait and see if one of them gets killed before deciding he really had a gun?
I don’t have any issues with this assessment of this specific case, just for the record. My post, above, is a specifically a response to the post I quoted.

Of course not.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...lice-killing-without-a-hint-of-racism/546983/

The media is a profit driven division machine. If they can’t sell the outrage, they don’t cover it.

PS, notice the one time the news stopped criticizing trump? When they were sucking his cock and beating the war drum. Covering war is big bucks for the media.

I remember that case being debated here now that you mention it. That one cop was obviously an idiot and he is currently facing a murder charge. It’s the exception that proves the rule, so to speak. How often do the shooters of unarmed black people face charges of any kind, let alone murder?

Of course not.

Also, your own source contradicts the narrative,to wit:
Although a Department of Justice investigation later cleared Ferguson cop Darren Wilson, it also documented decades of racist policing in the St. Louis suburbs; and a disproportionate number of the most egregious police killings involve black victims: Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Walter Scott, Laquan McDonald, Philando Castile, Freddie Gray, and more. African Americans make up a disproportionate percentage of all police killings, too.

Do you guys even read your own sources before you suggest it’s black people’s fault?

I remember that case being debated here now that you mention it. That one cop was obviously an idiot and he is currently facing a murder charge. It’s the exception that proves the rule, so to speak. How often do the shooters of unarmed black people face charges of any kind, let alone murder?

Honest question, have you ever done the actual math?

63 million police encounters per year.
About 1000 people killed by cops per year.
Only 250’ish of those are black.

Let’s say half of those are completely innocent (which we all know isn’t true, it’s likely around 25).

That’s .0004% chance of being an innocent black man killed by a cop.

You LITERALLY are more likely to be struck by lightning.

Any innocent life lost is a tragedy. But the math proves this is not what the media and politicians sell it as. It is a very, very, very rare occurrence.

Facts my friend, try them out sometime.

Man I am torn on this. It isnt as cut and dry as most of the others. Up until they killed the young man, they had been patient with him. However, at the very first sign of him showing resistance they go ahead and kill him.

Taking a life is a huge deal. A family lost a loved one that night. When you decide to go there, you need to know damned well the man is not armed. This guy wasnt.

So basically, I can see why they did what they did, but I think they reacted hastily. No winners in this one.
This line of thought is absurd having watched the bodycam.

The cops did nothing wrong here. They had no idea if he was armed or not. You are trained to shoot center mass several times until the perp is downed for a reason. Movies glorify shooting a guy in the arm and leg like it will put them down, but that is rarely the case. if you do not hit a critical area, the person will likely not even feel the shot initially due to adrenaline and (If they had a weapon) could return fire. We have seen countless videos of people taking the shots to non critical areas and retaliating.

Someone with a knife can cross 10 feet in less than a second. In this case, the dumbass refused to show his hands and then intentionally made a quick movement like he was training a firearm on the cops. They could have unloaded 10 bullets into him and it would have been fine. They only used 4

Suicide by cop. Sad when that happens and probably over a domestic with that chick but that's what is looks like.

Honest question, have you ever done the actual math?

63 million police encounters per year.
About 1000 people killed by cops per year.
Only 250’ish of those are black.

Let’s say half of those are completely innocent (which we all know isn’t true, it’s likely around 25).

That’s .0004% chance of being an innocent black man killed by a cop.

You LITERALLY are more likely to be struck by lightning.

Any innocent life lost is a tragedy. But the math proves this is not what the media and politicians sell it as. It is a very, very, very rare occurrence.

Facts my friend, try them out sometime.
Are you on drugs, trolling, or stupid? You clearly didn’t read your own source let alone address what I said in my previous post.
Here’s more that shoots your whole premise down:
Rather than engage that debate, though, I want to argue that it is largely irrelevant. Even if Black Lives Matter critics were right that police killings in America are not racially suspect, that would not be a sufficient argument against police reforms. It would still remain the case that American police officers kill many more people overall––and many more unarmed and mentally ill people in particular––than do police officers in other democratic countries.

So the author concedes that police training in general is lacking and tragic, but:
But we live in a country where 963 people were shot by police in 2016; where at least 48 unarmed people were shot; and where there was confirmed body camera footage in 144 cases. What’s more, we live in a country where many reasonably suspect that neither the president nor the attorney general are as committed to protecting the civil rights of black people as the civil rights of white people; where Congress is controlled by a political party antagonistic to the Black Lives Matter movement; where some citizens are racist against blacks; where others don’t believe racism is a significant factor in police killings; and where still others rank fighting or remedying racism low on their priority list.

And,
Those who believe that America is a racist country should be most persuaded that if the public more fully grasped how many white people police unjustly kill, that might move public opinion more than knowing that an identical number of black people were killed. That’s awful. I find it depressing that some people are racists and others are unable to extend as much empathy or concern to those they perceive as different. Unjust killings of black people alone should have been enough to prompt significant, nationwide reforms years ago. But it hasn’t been enough.

And,
Among police officers asked about killings of African Americans, “about seven-in-10 white officers (72 percent) but fewer than half of all black officers see these encounters as isolated incidents,” Pew found in January. “By contrast, majorities of black officers (57 percent) as well as the public overall (60 percent) say the incidents are signs of a broader problem between police and the black community.”

Are you on drugs, trolling, or stupid? You clearly didn’t read your own source let alone address what I said in my previous post.
Here’s more that shoots your whole premise down:
Rather than engage that debate, though, I want to argue that it is largely irrelevant. Even if Black Lives Matter critics were right that police killings in America are not racially suspect, that would not be a sufficient argument against police reforms. It would still remain the case that American police officers kill many more people overall––and many more unarmed and mentally ill people in particular––than do police officers in other democratic countries.

So the author concedes that police training in general is lacking and tragic, but:
But we live in a country where 963 people were shot by police in 2016; where at least 48 unarmed people were shot; and where there was confirmed body camera footage in 144 cases. What’s more, we live in a country where many reasonably suspect that neither the president nor the attorney general are as committed to protecting the civil rights of black people as the civil rights of white people; where Congress is controlled by a political party antagonistic to the Black Lives Matter movement; where some citizens are racist against blacks; where others don’t believe racism is a significant factor in police killings; and where still others rank fighting or remedying racism low on their priority list.

And,
Those who believe that America is a racist country should be most persuaded that if the public more fully grasped how many white people police unjustly kill, that might move public opinion more than knowing that an identical number of black people were killed. That’s awful. I find it depressing that some people are racists and others are unable to extend as much empathy or concern to those they perceive as different. Unjust killings of black people alone should have been enough to prompt significant, nationwide reforms years ago. But it hasn’t been enough.

And,
Among police officers asked about killings of African Americans, “about seven-in-10 white officers (72 percent) but fewer than half of all black officers see these encounters as isolated incidents,” Pew found in January. “By contrast, majorities of black officers (57 percent) as well as the public overall (60 percent) say the incidents are signs of a broader problem between police and the black community.”

Nice wall of text.

You have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than being an innocent black man shot by a cop.

.0004%

Facts, not feelings.

Nice wall of text.

You have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than being an innocent black man shot by a cop.

.0004%

Facts, not feelings.
In other words your own source is not to be relied upon? I know you’re just trolling at this point (since you have admitted it-worthy of being banned imo) but come the fuck on. You made a post and included a source that contradicts your assertion and now you admit you can’t be bothered to read it. Get the fuck out if you aren’t interested in a real discussion.

In other words your own source is not to be relied upon? I know you’re just trolling at this point (since you have admitted it-worthy of being banned imo) but come the fuck on. You made a post and included a source that contradicts your assertion and now you admit you can’t be bothered to read it. Get the fuck out if you aren’t interested in a real discussion.

It’s the Atlantic magazine. It is the lowest of the low. It was simply the first article about the shooting that popped up.

Btw, why won’t you address the actual statistics?

It’s the Atlantic magazine. It is the lowest of the low. It was simply the first article about the shooting that popped up.

Btw, why won’t you address the actual statistics?
Why won’t you address the content of your own source?

Why won’t you address the content of your own source?

Because my statistics are the ones reported by the government that I took the time to research.

The Atlantic magazine is like the equivalent of listening to dick Morris (a notoriously wrong right winger). It’s garbage.

Again, address the actual numbers.

.0004%

Because my statistics are the ones reported by the government that I took the time to research.

The Atlantic magazine is like the equivalent of listening to dick Morris (a notoriously wrong right winger). It’s garbage.

Again, address the actual numbers.

.0004%
When you get done trolling and take your mds, let me know and we’ll have an actual discussion on the matter instead of this bullshit. I.e. fuck off. You’re the one that quoted an article you didn’t even read to support your assertion and then couldn’t even read 3 whole paragraphs, calling my post a wall of text. If that’s how you want to behave I feel totally justified in saying,

When you get done trolling and take your mds, let me know and we’ll have an actual discussion on the matter instead of this bullshit. I.e. fuck off. You’re the one that quoted an article you didn’t even read to support your assertion and then couldn’t even read 3 whole paragraphs, calling my post a wall of text. If that’s how you want to behave I feel totally justified in saying,

You’re the one refusing to address the actual statistics.

Their fathers get locked up my the US prison system. Until you solve that it will continue.
Disproportionately, and for disproportionately longer sentences, as it turns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back