Community Demands Answers In Police Killing Of Unarmed Black Man

Search "Danville police shooting"

Thank you. Just saw the full 08.14 video clip.

From what I see, is that of a very patient and restraint police officers at work. They gave him countless of chances to get out of his car.

The man with the camera is very calm until the very end, when he with right mindset see this escalate to a very dangerous situation when the suspect turn around like he is going to shoot in the direction of the police officers.

The police did nothing wrong here and the citizens concerned with another negroid fatal shooting, I strongly suggests them to watch this clip, before resorting to foul thinking.

What I do not understand is the racism in this thread. Why? The guy who was killed must have sufferd from a mental disorder, not clear in his mind when asked to step out of his car. If a another colour of skin had done the same, he would also be in the grave.

Last edited:
I’ve spent more time in the Hood than 99% of shartdog.

It’s not a color thing, it’s a culture thing. Plenty of black folks are fine law abiding citizens. You’ll find they have caring engaged parents.

Any child not taught the consequences of their decisions is bound to fail.

Exactly. And BLM is making it worse.

What I do not understand is the racism in this thread.

It's not racism, it's pointing out what's missing in the black culture.

The black culture, for all the bravado of the black man, is overwhelmingly feminine

Let's say if a neighbor's kid breaks your window playing baseball, do you want to talk to, the mother or the father?

This is a typical response of the mother:"Oh, not Johnny, not my baby..."
This is what a father would say: "I'm sorry, I'll pay for the damage and make sure it won't happen again".. then Johnny would get some 'fatherly love' after that.

This is the problem with the black community, there is no fatherly love in the community. It's all motherly love.

Every time there's a problem we get the equivalence of "Oh, Johnny didn't do it, he's such a good boy.. you don't understand him... you mean man!"

Modern day equivalence of the above: Oh, he didntdonuffin, he's getting life back together, he's a father of 2... you racist, bigot, white racist pig!"

What's the result of that? Johnny keeps breaking windows

It's all fine and dandy for Johnny until the day he plays in traffic
A father would say "You play in traffic again, you get the belt!!"
But there was no father to say that to Johnny so he played in traffic again and got run over by a semi.

Now the neighborhood gets together to protest trucks that run too fast, may be petition to change the speed limit of the road or harsher ways to penalize truck drivers. Now the kids in the neighborhood feel even more vindicated and supported for playing in traffic, because they DIDNTDONUFFIN wrong.

But a father figure in the community should have come out and say DON'T PLAY IN TRAFFIC!

That's what the community leaders should have said: to our young men: obey the police's instruction. They should have made a big deal about it. Not making them feel righteous for their stupid rebelliousness.

Look at EVERY SINGLE black shooting case, every community leader comes out to condemn the police but NO ONE says anything about their young men having problems with obeying orders. It's not that they don't know, they're too prideful to admit it. Even the 'community leaders' like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton who LOOK like father figures but act like mother figures. They might as well start wearing skirts.

Every community, even an African village back in the day has a father figure that has the authority to impose this kind of 'fatherly love' when needs be. Nature needs balance: that's why a child has a father and a mother. And the father figure is missing in the black community.

Last edited:

The black culture, for all the bravado of the black man, is overwhelmingly feminine

Let's say if a neighbor's kid breaks your window playing baseball, do you want to talk to, the mother or the father?

This is what a father would say: "I'm sorry, I'll pay for the damage and make sure it won't happen again".. then Johnny would get some 'fatherly love' after that.

This is the problem with the black community, there is no fatherly love in the community. It's all motherly love.

Every time there's a problem we get the equivalence of "Oh, Johnny didn't do it, he's such a good boy.. you don't understand him... you mean man!"

Modern day equivalence of the above: Oh, he didntdonuffin, he's getting life back together, he's a father of 2... you racist, bigot, white racist pig!"

But there was no father to say that to Johnny so he played in traffic again and got run over by a semi.

Now the neighborhood gets together to protest trucks that run too fast, may be petition to change the speed limit of the road or harsher ways to penalize truck drivers. Now the kids in the neighborhood feel even more vindicated and supported for playing in traffic, because they DIDNTDONUFFIN wrong.

But a father figure in the community should have come out and say DON'T PLAY IN TRAFFIC!

That's what the community leaders should have said: to our young men: obey the police's instruction. They should have made a big deal about it. Not making them feel righteous for their stupid rebelliousness.

Look at EVERY SINGLE black shooting case, every community leader comes out to condemn the police but NO ONE says anything about their young men having problems with obeying orders. It's not that they don't know, they're too prideful to admit it. Even the 'community leaders' like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton who LOOK like father figures but act like mother figures. They might as well start wearing skirts.

Every community, even an African village back in the day has a father figure that has the authority to impose this kind of 'fatherly love' when needs be. Nature needs balance: that's why a child has a father and a mother. And the father figure is missing in the black community.
This is a huge part of the problem. Do you listen to Tommy Sotomayor by chance?

i dont see an issue here. guy never listened to a single thing the cops said. they were more than patient with him. then he turned and acted like he was going to shoot them. for some reason lately it seems many people just think you can tell the cops no and they should just say ok and leave.

not sure how anyone can rationally defend the deceased. after being slow with everything he turns quickly to act like he is going to shoot. are cops supposed to wait and see if one of them gets killed before deciding he really had a gun?

Man I am torn on this. It isnt as cut and dry as most of the others. Up until they killed the young man, they had been patient with him. However, at the very first sign of him showing resistance they go ahead and kill him.

Taking a life is a huge deal. A family lost a loved one that night. When you decide to go there, you need to know damned well the man is not armed. This guy wasnt.

So basically, I can see why they did what they did, but I think they reacted hastily. No winners in this one.

It is a color issue, namely African American cultural issue. If you ever spend time inside this culture you’d know. Very rebellious.

I’ve spent time with lots of other colored folks: Mexican, SE Asian, Indian, Samoan. All poor from the poor areas. None had this kind of rebelliousness. Therefore none had this kind of probs with the police
It can no longer be a black American culture problem when white liberals do more to prop it up than anyone.

Interesting. Thanks for your feedback.

But what about all of us that are raised with a strong feminine figure (my mother) and still know the bread and butter of how to behave accordingly in different situations. The modern family does not only include husband and wife that was the ideal 70 years ago. The nuclear(i hope this is the right word) family can be many types in the western world.

Your formulation could make one wonder if you are a tad conservative, in this context with all the missing masculinity while growing up. With your reasoning, a black male raised by a gay couple or a divorced woman would be in a higher risk of becoming a law breaking citizen.

If i would point out an parallell to your definiation of black community, is that of our segregated areas in our bigger towns. Most of those areas are filled mostly by immigrants and a large amount of them are muslims. Most of them are traditional and keep many of their cultural aspects from origin countrys. The father is the dominant figure and honour is very important for them. You don´t see many of them divorce like the rest of us swedes does. But still with all this presene of a strong and dominant father, the young boys shows a higher disregard for police, fire department and ambulance, than the rest of us Swedes.

I don´t know if this is a isolated phenomen within black communities, but as I see it we need more female interaction rather than that of absent father figures.

From 4.29 mark shows a trio that in my opinion would not be the ideal father figures while upbringing a young black boy.

Last edited:
The video is too clear to generate any meaningful outrage. He didn't obey commands. Not nearly as muddy as the Stephon Clark case (that's been the hardest one, yet, IMO, despite so much more surveillance made public, and despite the advantage of immediate certainty over the physical evidence...the autopsy just had to complicate things).

Nonetheless, I really wish we would use more non-lethal tactics before escalating to lethal tactics. This is just more death down the road-- yes, on "both sides".

the-things-that-entertain-my-community-annoy-me-beyond-belief-16094464.png

Their fathers get locked up my the US prison system. Until you solve that it will continue.

Man I am torn on this. It isnt as cut and dry as most of the others. Up until they killed the young man, they had been patient with him. However, at the very first sign of him showing resistance they go ahead and kill him.

Taking a life is a huge deal. A family lost a loved one that night. When you decide to go there, you need to know damned well the man is not armed. This guy wasnt.

So basically, I can see why they did what they did, but I think they reacted hastily. No winners in this one.

When I was young I remember it being a problem when cops killed someone and they turned out to be unarmed. I’m not sure when the shift happened but there doesn’t seem to be an onus to positively identify a weapon before opening fire. I understand why these cops shot but I wish we could establish a police force that didn’t seem to be so nervous, though to be honest over all I thought this group did a good job.

I’d just like to see a little more of that bravery when the shit hits the fan. I understand that in some ways this is advocating for cops putting themselves in unnecessary danger but I think that willingness is what makes a difference in the types of people I want to be cops and the type I don’t. I wish there was less desire to punish bad shoots with jail time and more desire to remove from work power those who prove they aren’t that cut above 95% of the population.

what is it with urban blacks thinking a cop wont absolutely blow their ass away if they act a fool/dont follow orders.
Because in the large majority of altercations involving the police, no one is shot regardless of their attitude or cooperativeness. Which is as it should be imo.

The whole nation watches pretty much every dash cam footage of nearly every police shooting these days. Most are at least somewhat justified or understandable. A few are not. I think we need to crack down hard on unjustified police shootings. But there don't seem to be all that many of them.

I don't like to see anyone shot and killed, but I don't see the issue after watching the vid.

Interesting. Thanks for your feedback.

But what about all of us that are raised with a strong feminine figure (my mother) and still know the bread and butter of how to behave accordingly in different situations. The modern family does not only include husband and wife that was the ideal 70 years ago. The nuclear(i hope this is the right word) family can be many types in the western world.

Your formulation could make one wonder if you are a tad conservative, in this context with all the missing masculinity while growing up. With your reasoning, a black male raised by a gay couple or a divorced woman would be in a higher risk of becoming a law breaking citizen.

If i would point out an parallell to your definiation of black community, is that of our segregated areas in our bigger towns. Most of those areas are filled mostly by immigrants and a large amount of them are muslims. Most of them are traditional and keep many of their cultural aspects from origin countrys. The father is the dominant figure and honour is very important for them. You don´t see many of them divorce like the rest of us swedes does. But still with all this presene of a strong and dominant father, the young boys shows a higher disregard for police, fire department and ambulance, than the rest of us Swedes.

I don´t know if this is a isolated phenomen within black communities, but as I see it we need more female interaction rather than that of absent father figures.

From 4.29 mark shows a trio that in my opinion would not be the ideal father figures while upbringing a young black boy.

I think you misunderstand my post. The lack of the actual biological fathers causes part of the problem but I was talking about is the lack of fatherly figure/archetype in general.

But let me address the example of the immigrants you mentioned. I'm very familiar with this. Immigrant kids growing up with their dads spending most of the time making a living or hiding from the law (from being illegal) or not speaking the language experience the same lack of a father figure in their lives just like the dads weren't there. I personally know a few and they are just as lost, insecure and rebellious as the fatherless ones.

I know a kid who couldn't communicate with his dad because the dad didn't speak English and my friend's native language was so basic that he couldn't discuss anything of substance with his father. After a while, the kid decided to grow up by himself. The dad being a truck driver didn't help either. For example, when the teacher wanted to talk to one of his parents, it was always his mom because the dad didn't want to embarrass himself for not speaking the language. Things like this are huge for a kid because he needs to see how his father makes decisions and how they impact his life. Fathers and mothers make decision differently and he needs to experience both.

A child needs a nurturing figure and a protective figure in his life. He looks to the nurturing figure for comfort and the protective figure for strength, protection and guidance. And the protective figure is where he starts his relationship with authority. He needs to be able to trust this figure as a loving and authoritative figure. If he doesn't have this relationship established, he's gonna have problems with any kind of authority in his life. He's gonna be rebellious and insecure because he cannot trust what's above him.

It's like a dog being left alone at home without the owner, he just goes nuts, starts digging and destroying the house. Because he's anxious and insecure, much like a rebellious kid without a father figure. The dog might get aggressive with other dogs. Aggression comes from fear which comes from anxiety and insecurity. But as soon as the owner returns, he's back to normal again. Not only that but if the owner (the authority figure) is weak or abusive, the dog starts having the same symptoms again. So the authority figure needs to be both strong and trustworthy.

Back to the child, if the nurturing figure has to be the protective figure at the same time like a single mother, the kid is gonna have problems. Imagine an archetypal scenario where the dad disciplines a kid and he runs to mom for comfort. There's a balance there. The dad is there to make sure he's not too spoiled by mommy and the mom is there to make sure daddy doesn't beat him to death. But now that mom and dad are the same person, it gets very confusing.

This happens a lot in black single mother households. The mother disciplines the kid, but in the back of his mind he thinks "you're my mommy, you're not supposed to beat me", the mother gets frustrated, beats him some more. But this only makes the kid resentful and rebellious. Because his first connection to her is that of the nurturing figure, if she beats him then who can he run to for comfort? So at the end of the day, the kid grows up without a good relationship with authority.

So to what you mentioned what constitutes a traditional family and what's not, all I'm saying is a kid needs 2 figures in his life: a nurturing figure and a protective figure who he can respect and trust. Anything outside of this configuration is a recipe for disaster.

My criticism on the black community is not only that it doesn't have enough physical fathers in kids' lives, but the community as a whole is not fatherly enough.

Why is it that out of hundreds of people interviewed about black shootings, everyone acts like the mother: "oh, poor baby, mean cops, we're hurting..." Not one person says "We need discipline in our young men, we need to talk about us having problems with obeying orders", "We need to be real men, we need snap out of this bullshit"...basically the things a father would say, or something a king would decree.

I'm so sick of seeing big burly black men crying poor baby on TV, acting like surrogate mothers when the community needs real father figures. I mean would it cost you so much to step up and say "Young men, it's time to shape up!"?

This is a long generalization.

Which "Black" community do you speak of?

Back