Comedian Byron Allen buys the Weather Channel

Why watch the Weather Channel and wait to see the weather for the area you want when you can just go to NOAA's site and check the weather for anywhere in a couple of minutes.
LOL, clearly the private sector managed to overlook that the public sector would be evolving their technology on the taxpayer dime.

coming up next..weather channel!

I’m going to have to use this gif

<FookIsThatGuy>

Because I have literally never heard of Byron Allen before this thread. Just googled him and he kind of looks like the old dude from the Shining.

halloran%20scared.jpg

I think he's the guy from "Real People," from back in the 80's. Horrible show. He must be smart because he wasn't funny.

This guy is an enigma- biggest comedian you've never heard of type even moreso than Russel Peters. I have heard him referenced a million times on other comedian's podcasts but have never heard about him from anything else until this thread. I just googled him and I can honestly say I've never seen his face before.

I would be curious what The Weather Channel is into. My first reaction is to think that all of their viewers will be dead in another 5-10 years but I do have their app on my phone and I think they license to most of the other popular/trusted weather apps, so maybe they are a brand that will likely continue to do good business.

This Allen guy must be a really sharp guy to have this kind of monetary success I would think.

Back