News Cody Garbrandt vs Deiveson Figuereido is set to open UFC 300 Early Prelims

Right matchup to open the UFC 300 event?

• Total voters
Garbrandt I understand, but Figeueredo has been main event-level for years. Dana really is like a dictator running gladiators. He has no honor or loyalty.

Bout order isn't about how good a fight is, it's about how much appeal to casuals a fight has.

Fights that have very little appeal to casuals, such as the tiny weight classes, go as early on the card as possible. Hardcore fans watch all the fights, so the UFC doesn't consider what they want. The UFC is worried about casual fans seeing extreme manlets on their screen and changing the channel.
Casuals don't know they're that little only mma fans who've seen them in person. TV does wonders to make people seem normal height.

that’s a really good fight. starting strong might actually be a good decision.

Yeah, all 12 of the people that actually pay for Fight Pass these days will have a great time while the main audience eagerly awaits watching a 76-year-old Holly Holm punch air to lead into the main card (if it isn't actually on it). That's a flawless strategy.

My only guess is that this was done to make Dana's comment about the first fight being a banger not be a lie. Which is strange, because he has never given a fuck about being caught in any of the 80 lies he tells on a daily basis before.

If they planned it like this on purpose, then it's a great idea.

I think that's how you sell it to fighters.

Normally the crowd is like less than 20% full for early Prelims. Put a good banger of a fight as the opening bout and it will be like an NFL game at kick off... full stadium. (At least up here at Lambeau field).

If 300 is gonna be the epic card it is billed as, it has to look like the crowd is into it. It's all part of presentation.

I’d put Nickal/Brundage, Andrade/Rodriguez, Lopes/Yusuff, and Miller/Green below. I guess the idea is to start off strong but I prefer cards to feel like they’re building. Whoever does the order nowadays makes odd decisions every card.
yeah I thought evloev and allen not being on the ppv main card last weekend with mallot vs magny on the PPV is kidna sus

yeah I thought evloev and allen not being on the ppv main card last weekend with mallot vs magny on the PPV is kidna sus
Evloev/Allen WAS on the last PPV main card.
And Malott vs. Magny was the Toronto crowd's second most anticipated fight.

Goodness this fight could easily be a fight night main event. Haven't looked up the line up for 300 but if that's the opening fight then it has to be the biggest card ever

T
Casuals don't know they're that little only mma fans who've seen them in person. TV does wonders to make people seem normal height.
they need to get tiny refs then. Cody is like 5-3" Joe height plus a couple inches

las-vegas-nv-referee-john-mccarthy-stands-with-cody-garbrandt-and-takeya-mizugaki-after-their.jpg

Goodness this fight could easily be a fight night main event. Haven't looked up the line up for 300 but if that's the opening fight then it has to be the biggest card ever
Well, they just put a big fight ahead of 'weaker' ones. In theory, they could have done this with every ppv if they wanted.

Nickal v Brundage should be the first fight.

Good start, curious of Dana's woof-tickets claim made for "best card ever".

Woof, described in some South areas, is a very large, wild, canine species.

Love it, the earlier the great figts the better

Back