Co-Worker Was Just Taken To The Hospital After Staring Directly At The Eclipse For Too Long

Looking at the eclipse without the right glasses is fucking retarded. There's not even a good observable difference to the naked eye. If you glance up at the Sun without the right glasses, even at 90% eclipse the Sun looks pretty normal. It only really looks like an eclipse with the glasses. Then you can easily see the eclipse. We setup a telescope with the right filter and it was pretty cool. Got some nice shots, and I was right in the path of 97% coverage.

It's kind of crazy though that we can't look at the Sun without serious retina damage. We've evolved on this planet with something that large that we simply can't look at. Even 20 seconds is enough for serious damage. It just seems like a weird thing that we haven't evolved to handle. Seems to be a good reason to doubt the intelligent design argument by theists. If God created everything, why did he put a giant light in the sky everyday that will cause severe damage if you look at it more than a few seconds? Seems rather unintelligent to me.

World is 2/3 ocean, we can't breathe in that either.

WOW!!!!!
What the fuck was he thinking
Every damn news broadcast on every damn channel in the Bay Area was nonstop warning you not to look at the sun, plus it was all over social media
How the fuck did he miss it? lol
No idea man. The crazier thing to me is, he had to have pain in his eyes looking up at it within seconds. That's how bright it was, yet he made the conscious decision to strain and try with all his might to keep them open and directed at the damn sun. No fucking common sense.

No idea man. The crazier thing to me is, he had to have pain in his eyes looking up at it within seconds. That's how bright it was, yet he made the conscious decision to strain and try with all his might to keep them open and directed at the damn sun. No fucking common sense.

How long did he look for?

Poor dude.

How long did he look for?

Poor dude.
Had to have been a pretty long fuckin' time to do that much damage. His eyes were bloodshot like he had something splashed in his eyes

Had to have been a pretty long fuckin' time to do that much damage. His eyes were bloodshot like he had something splashed in his eyes

Maybe natural predisposition or something.

Did he not it was stupid or just thought he would be ok.

I occasionally help the founder of my company with pc troubles at home. He is 92 sharp as a tack but near totally blind. Not seeing sucks.

Meanwhile in a new discovery my wife has informed me that you should never stare at a solar eclipse because its bad energy.
Full moons too.

Be careful out there folks.

Maybe natural predisposition or something.

Did he not it was stupid or just thought he would be ok.

I occasionally help the founder of my company with pc troubles at home. He is 92 sharp as a tack but near totally blind. Not seeing sucks.
He said he had no idea it was harmful. Which is.. sort of hard to believe. How do you not?

Man, you have to feel bad for anybody losing their vision, but.

He said he had no idea it was harmful. Which is.. sort of hard to believe. How do you not?

Im getting this painful burning sensation but surely that's fine.

Is he normally that stupid?

Im getting this painful burning sensation but surely that's fine.

Is he normally that stupid?
In my experience, these Asian programmers are awesome when it comes to coding and mathematics and shit but common sense seems lost on many of them.

In my experience, these Asian programmers are awesome when it comes to coding and mathematics and shit but common sense seems lost on many of them.

I was wondering if he was one of those really smart in only one way guys.

Be careful people. This dumbass at my office went outside to go look at the eclipse without special glasses and apparently stared up at it for way too long and was rushed to the hospital complaining of burning and saying he couldn't see.

That's scary shit. If you don't have the protective glasses being handed out, don't look up at the eclipse. I thought this was common knowledge. Now this guy very well may have blinded himself all because he wanted to see the damn sky looking trippy.

Don't be like this guy, Sherdog. Be like Arkridge.

Dumbass. Only the God-Emperor can stare directly into the sun, not mere mortals.:)

How are your eyes?

Clouds block light better than they block uv.

My eyes feel fine for the most part. I saw a LOT of people on the corner of the street by me staring up at the thing with no protection for 5-10 minutes. Or they were sharing glasses with people and spent half the time looking without glasses. It was super foggy/overcast here so I couldn't see much :(

Only safe time to watch it sans protective eyewear is the totality. Which is absolutely an awe-inspiring sight and stunning to behold. Twas worth the drive to see it. You can't look at the sun when even 1% of its surface is showing; it's much too bright.

I can completely understand how bewildering such a phenomenon must have been to the ancients. The Sun appears to instantly 'go out'. Even right before the totality, while dimmer, you can't see with your eyes that the sun is being eclipsed.

Only safe time to watch it sans protective eyewear is the totality. Which is absolutely an awe-inspiring sight and stunning to behold. Twas worth the drive to see it. You can't look at the sun when even 1% of its surface is showing; it's much too bright.

I can completely understand how bewildering such a phenomenon must have been to the ancients. The Sun appears to instantly 'go out'. Even right before the totality, while dimmer, you can't see with your eyes that the sun is being eclipsed.

I was sort of surprised myself how it was too bright then just fine and totally awesome, then instantly too bright again.

I was sort of surprised myself how it was too bright then just fine and totally awesome, then instantly too bright again.

It was incredible. Where did you watch it? I saw it in Scottsville, KY.

What I find amazing is that weeks prior to the eclipse, warnings were everywhere. You see it in the media whether it's on your TV or any news site. If you screwed up, you have no one to blame but yourself.

how can the eclipse be real if our eyes arent even real?
yo%2Bdawg%2B31.jpg

Back