Co-Worker Was Just Taken To The Hospital After Staring Directly At The Eclipse For Too Long

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Be careful people. This dumbass at my office went outside to go look at the eclipse without special glasses and apparently stared up at it for way too long and was rushed to the hospital complaining of burning and saying he couldn't see.

That's scary shit. If you don't have the protective glasses being handed out, don't look up at the eclipse. I thought this was common knowledge. Now this guy very well may have blinded himself all because he wanted to see the damn sky looking trippy.

Don't be like this guy, Sherdog. Be like Arkridge.

thats impossible during an eclipse the sun is completely blocked therefore no sun rays can reach someones eyes

thats impossible during an eclipse the sun is completely blocked therefore no sun rays can reach someones eyes
There's less light so your corneas open wide.
The corona that's revealed is actually brighter than the sun's surface, which is why it's a bad idea to stare.

Funny thing though, your eyes start watering and you want to look away, so it's almost like you'd have to try to hurt yourself

I went outside and looked for like 2 seconds
My eyes were pretty spotty for a couple minutes after
Really wish I woulda got some of those eclipse glasses they been pimping everywhere so I coulda saw the whole shit

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the sun or the eclipse but I'm pretty sure this isn't true. I think the Sun's rays during an eclipse or leading up are way stronger or something like that. Which is why they're handing out special glasses.

Any bets on final death toll?

You can view the eclipse, safely, with the naked eye only during the period of totality.

Be careful people. This dumbass at my office went outside to go look at the eclipse without special glasses and apparently stared up at it for way too long and was rushed to the hospital complaining of burning and saying he couldn't see.

That's scary shit. If you don't have the protective glasses being handed out, don't look up at the eclipse. I thought this was common knowledge. Now this guy very well may have blinded himself all because he wanted to see the damn sky looking trippy.

Don't be like this guy, Sherdog. Be like Arkridge.

And be aware there are lots of people selling fake glasses which actually make the impact of looking at the eclipse far worse. the fake glasses are just darker without the protection which makes your eyes open wider and be more susceptible to being burned out.

I don't understand how something blocking part of the sun makes it more dangerous to look at ???

Will I get a better tan today too??

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the sun or the eclipse but I'm pretty sure this isn't true. I think the Sun's rays during an eclipse or leading up are way stronger or something like that. Which is why they're handing out special glasses.
Explained above

If you are dumb enough to stare at the sun you deserve to be blind.

Also I dont get the fuss its sunny as fuck in the D

I went outside and looked at it with the glasses on for about a minute thought to myself well that's interesting then went back inside and moved along with my day. I mean its nice to be able to say you saw it but not something I would go out of my way to see, it's not that interesting.

Back