CLOAK AND DAGGER TV Series (First Trailer Released; Premieres June 7 on Freeform)

yeah, Ming Na look really good, can't believe she is 52.

and damn, she got a nice leg.

52 huh?!?!?!

whoa. she fine as hell.

4MVfwmWA.jpeg

It would be fun to see the characters from different Marvel TV shows (Agents of SHIELD, The Defenders, Cloak & Dagger) show up on the movies. Unfortunately, there's a rift between Marvel movies and TV division.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/108732649/

Aren't they forecasting 68 characters in IW 1 and 2? If this messes up any of it, I will be really angry towards people at Marvel.

Update: November 11, 2016

CLOAK AND DAGGER Premiere Delayed; Joe Pokaski is the Showrunner

Joe-Pokaski-Cloak-and-Dagger-Dragonlord.jpg

Earlier this year, fans learned that Marvel TV was developing another series for cable networking. Titled Cloak & Dagger, is set to air on Freeform (a channel previously known as ABC Family).

According to a report by THR, Cloak & Dagger will be delayed until Winter 2018. However, the series now has a showrunner, Joe Pokaski, who is currently rewriting his initial script for the show.

Pokaski is no stranger to the world of superheroes. While he is serving as executive producer on WGN’s Underground at the moment, Pokaski has worked on shows such as Marvel’s Daredevil and NBC’s Heroes.

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Premiere Date Delayed, Joe Pokaski Confirmed as Showrunner

Update: January 24, 2017

Rumor: Noah Gray-Cabey and Debby Ryan Cast as CLOAK AND DAGGER

Noah-Gray-Cabey-Debby-Ryan-Cloak-Dagger-Dragonlord.jpg

A new rumor suggests that the two leads for Marvel's Cloak and Dagger have been cast. According to the MCU Exchange, Noah Gray-Cabey will play Tyrone Johnson (Cloak), while Debby Ryan has signed on to bring Tandy Bowen (Dagger) to life on the small screen.

While neither of these actors are what you’d call household names, they’ve both starred in some fairly popular TV shows in the past. Gray-Cabey is probably best know for playing Micah in the original Heroes when he was a kid (he also reprised the role for Heroes Reborn). Ryan, meanwhile, played Aubrey on Girl Meets World, and has parts in several upcoming movies such as Rip Tide and Life of the Party.

Though we’ll have to treat this as a rumor for now, it is worth noting that both actors are following the official Cloak and Dagger Twitter page, and are in turn being followed by showrunner Joe Pokaski – which definitely adds some credence to the report.

Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger is set to commence production in New Orleans next month before it premieres on Freeform at some point in 2018.

Cloak And Dagger TV Series May Have Cast Its Leads

I'm familiar with both actors and I think they can do better.

Cloak should be tall and slender. Based on from what I saw in Heroes Reborn, Noah is a bit short and stocky.

Dagger should be slim and have ballerina-like physique and movement. Saw Debby in The Suite Life and Jessie and she's a bit short and chubby.

Update: January 24, 2017

BEYOND THE LIGHTS Director to Helm CLOAK AND DAGGER Pilot

Gina-Prince-Bythewood-Cloak-and-Dagger-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel and Freeform’s Cloak and Dagger has tapped Gina Prince-Bythewood (Beyond The Lights, Love and Basketball) to direct the pilot episode of the series.

The series revolves around the interracial romance between Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness, and they quickly learn they are better together than apart; however, their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

The Freeform series is a co-production of Marvel Studios and ABC Signature Studios.

Prince-Bythewood is the executive producers of Shots Fired, a 10-hour event series for Fox. Prince-Bythewood is also set to direct An Untamed State, an adaptation of Roxane Gay’s debut novel for Fox Searchlight.

Gina Prince-Bythewood Tapped to Direct the Pilot of Marvel’s ‘Cloak & Dagger’

Cloak should be tall and slender. Based on from what I saw in Heroes Reborn, Noah is a bit short and stocky.

Dagger should be slim and have ballerina-like physique and movement. Saw Debby in The Suite Life and Jessie and she's a bit short and chubby.

Spot on. They can absolutely do better. Too bad. C&D are favorite toons of mine, and grossly underutilized. Would make for an awesome Netflix series.

Really bad choice for Cloak.
They need to go back in time and grab a young Michael Wright for this role
latest

(damn Mike is 60...).

The guy they cast looks like he should be leading an all black cast of Dawson's Creek.

And Dagger needs an eating disorder.

This show will be a major fail, which is disappointing because these characters have a ton of potential.

Isnt Cloak supposed to be real freakish and thuggish looking? This Noah fellow is like a young Bryant Gumbel.

Isnt Cloak supposed to be real freakish and thuggish looking? This Noah fellow is like a young Bryant Gumbel.
Gumble wishes he was that nonthreatening.

Cloak should be tall, wirery and gnarly. Like he could be a homeless psycho or a gangster.

What is free form? Wish it were on Netflix. Don't know the actors but hopefully they do a great job.

I never got a freakish-looking or thug-ish looking vibe with Cloak. He is usually drawn as a good looking black man.

What is free form? Wish it were on Netflix. Don't know the actors but hopefully they do a great job.
Freeform is a basic cable channel. It was formerly known as ABC Family.

Netflix would have done right by these characters. ABC has no idea what they're doing or they wouldn't have chosen these characters.

Freeform is a basic cable channel. It was formerly known as ABC Family.
Netflix would have done right by these characters. ABC has no idea what they're doing or they wouldn't have chosen these characters.
ABC family...yeah, that's totally not what cloak and dagger are about. Right up dark and gritty Netflix alley, though.

Back