CLOAK AND DAGGER TV Series (First Trailer Released; Premieres June 7 on Freeform)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
April 6, 2016

Marvel's CLOAK AND DAGGER Becomes a Live-Action TV Series

Marvel-Cloak-and-Dagger-040716a-Dragonlord.jpg

Freeform is venturing into the Marvel universe. The younger-skewing ABC-owned network has greenlit Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger with a straight-to-series order, Variety has exclusively learned.

Described as a superhero love story, Cloak and Dagger is based on the titular comic book duo (also known as Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson) who have appeared in Marvel Comics classics, including Spiderman and X-Men stories.

The live-action interracial romance follows the duo, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love — Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

No writer has been attached to the series, but the search is currently underway. Marvel Studios and ABC Signature Studios will co-produce.

Freeform Greenlights Marvel Romance Superhero Series ‘Cloak and Dagger’

well if its as "good" as shadowhunters, count me out.

Maybe they will include their part in Civial War into the infinity war movie

Cool characters. They had an awesome role in the Maximum Carnage crossover back in the 90s. That's when I first heard of them.

MSM is really trying to shove the interracial down all out throats.

Same. Shadowhunters was atrocious. Gave up around the 2nd episode.

God I just looked that up...some mortal instruments spin off which means it's attached to that plagiarizing hack Cassandra Clare lol fuck that

And only now they bringing to the forefront.
They were also planning a Cloak & Dagger TV series way back in 2011.

Update: July 23, 2011

Details on JESSICA JONES, CLOAK & DAGGER, MOCKINGBIRD and HULK TV Series

Jessica-Jones-Cloak-Dagger-Mockingbird-Hulk-Dragonlord.jpg

We have already heard some info regarding the upcoming Marvel TV projects, but now Marvel's Head of Television Jeph Loeb, shared some brand new details at San Diego Comic Con for Hulk, Cloak and Dagger and Jessica Jones series that will feature Luke Cage and Carol Danvers.

The first show concept is AKA Jessica Jones at ABC, based on Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos' Alias, which Loeb described as a story about a failed superhero. "We obviously can't call it 'Alias,' thank you JJ Abrams." Loeb said the show would feature Carol Danvers and Luke Cage.

Hulk is coming back to TV, courtesy of ABC. "This is a brand-new take on the Hulk," said Loeb. "It will focus on the early days of the Hulk, when people didn't know about his terrifying secret and enormous powers." The series will be focused on the love story between Bruce Banner and Betty Ross, and how the Hulk will bring them together and tear them apart.

Cloak and Dagger for ABC Family was announced next, a story about "two teenagers who discover each other and find their powers both complement and complicate their lives." The series will be set in post-Katrina New Orleans.

Mockingbird is also in development for ABC Family, depicting Bobby Morse as "a Peter Parker Nerd" who is recruited by a super-spy organization in the Marvel Universe. This will presumably be SHIELD, just as it is in the comics. After that, her life changes. She's a student by day and learning to be a secret agent at night. According to Loeb, "We like to refer to this one as Alias meets Felicity."

New Details On Hulk, AKA Jessica Jones, Cloak & Dagger and Mockingbird TV Shows

Would be an awesome Netflix series or awesome characters to introduce within the Netflix format, but ABC....

C&D is dark.
Two runaways hooked on an experimental street drug that gave them powers.

ABC will drop the ball. Guaranteed

Since this is a TV show, I'm sure there will be a bunch of supporting characters surrounding the two main leads. I think it would be odd for me to see this since Cloak & Dagger only had each other for the most part. They'll probably have a techie/hacker sidekick in their corner. :)

Since this is a TV show, I'm sure there will be a bunch of supporting characters surrounding the two main leads. I think it would be odd for me to see this since Cloak & Dagger only had each other for the most part. They'll probably have a techie/hacker sidekick in their corner. :)
And the father figure teacher/cop.

Back