Climate change will impact beer. Now, do you care?

Desalination is not going to save the insects or corals or all the other life that depend on them. Is it painful to be so thick?

Those corals have gone through warmer periods and survived or adapted. What makes you think they wont this time?

Are you always this much of a douche?

Why are you asking me this stuff? I'm not a climate scientist. I'm not in any way qualified to do any of those things. Neither am I claiming to be.

All I am suggesting is that we listen to the people who ARE qualified and know what they're talking about. They say we are facing a big problem, and there is something we do.

It's not one single solution either. It's a very large, very complex group of measures that need to be taken to minimize our impact on the environment.

So you're so upset and up in arms about something you dont even understand? Are you admitting that the doomsday predictions totally got to you?

Oh, well, if everyone you know is fine then I guess we don't need to worry.

I mean that must be at least a few hundred people, right? Most of whom probably live near you, or at least within the same country. Yeah, I think that's a good sample size to use when we're trying to assess the state of the global climate.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Check in on me in 20 years. I'll tell you the same lol

Maybe it was a whataboutism, but you just acknowledged this was a huge coming problem facing the environment and climate. So are YOU doing to bring about change in Africa?

To answer your question here's some light reading on 'liberal' initiatives in Africa addressing the problem and potential solutions.
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/What-We-Do/Global-Development/Family-Planning
http://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/...2012/africa_ecological_footprint_report_2012/

I give money at my church that goes to fund missionaries in Africa. Haiti too.

Me personally.

Header_TheCurrentTruth.gif

Beer Prices Could Double Because Of Climate Change, Study Says

""Under higher-warming climate scenarios, we find 100-year drought and heat events occur every three years, decreasing barley yields by an average 17 percent in those years, and increasing the price of a 6-pack in the U.S. by $1-8. Another way climate change will suck."

The effects described in the report are complex, as the researchers used several forecast tools — one to predict a range of climate scenarios, one for agricultural yields and another to see the economic conditions that would be a likely result. And as we've seen with the Earth's shifting climate, the predicted effects vary widely from region to region.

Under four different weather scenarios created for the years from 2010 to 2099, the world's barley growers would see "yield losses [that] range from 3 percent to 17 percent depending on the severity of the conditions," according to the study.

Beneath that overall impact, regional differences would be stark.

South America would fare poorly, as would many tropical areas. In China and the U.S., the barley yield is actually predicted to rise, but "not enough to offset the global decrease," the study says.

Climate change could reshape the barley and beer market, the researchers say, depicting a situation in which China, which currently drinks more Budweiser than the U.S., would scale back its beer consumption.

Whether the best- or worst-case scenario plays out, beer drinkers in Ireland, Canada, Poland and Italy are likely to see prices increase the most, according to the report. Beer-loving countries Belgium and the U.K. are also in the top 10."

I hope that's the last straw for enough people that we finally do something about this. People don't seem to care if 99% of all coral disappears from the ocean, but how you gonna feel if the cost of your proper 12 triples?

Yeah. That would be the last straw lol.
It's still all a scam for more government money though.

What EXACTLY do you think we should do?

We didn't stop using aerosol for environmental reasons. We stopped because companies stopped using it.

We didn't stop using egg cartons that had CFCs because we're environmentally responsible, we stopped because they stopped selling them.

What exactly is it that you think we, the average consumer has any say in, or can do about it?

That great, really. I doubt family planning is where the money ends up though.

Haiti it's buying seeds and stuff because their farms are constantly washing away.

Africa it's mostly fucking bibles which is infuriating but that's christians for you.

So you're so upset and up in arms about something you dont even understand? Are you admitting that the doomsday predictions totally got to you?

So, because I don't understand climate change in enough detail to personally enact change that will solve it, I should just ignore the experts? Because I don't have a doctorate in climate science, I just shouldn't bring it up?

Yeah, I guess you're right. I should only care about stuff I can be a certified expert in. Having a reasonable amount of knowledge, a general grasp of the concept and trying to keep informed is just a waste of time, right? Better to just ignore it.

Great idea.

So, because I don't understand climate change in enough detail to personally enact change that will solve it, I should just ignore the experts? Because I don't have a doctorate in climate science, I just shouldn't bring it up?

Yeah, I guess you're right. I should only care about stuff I can be a certified expert in. Having a reasonable amount of knowledge, a general grasp of the concept and trying to keep informed is just a waste of time, right? Better to just ignore it.

Great idea.

I don't get it either. Nobody here does. Doesn't matter how many videos or articles they link you to. You cannot change anything. Do not send them money.

Great idea.

The same sentiment as you can´t criticize a painting if you don´t have the talent to paint.

Give it up already @INTERL0PER . You are dealing with minds that don´t have the capacity to change, even if you plant the most logical reason infront of them.

Anyone who doesn't believe in climate change at this point is willfully and dangerously ignorant. I can't ignore it where I live and I've been seeing and feeling the difference

What are some of the changes you have seen and felt due to climate change?

Great idea.

I didn't say all that. Maybe when you're done having you're little tantrum you can read it again

Hmmm...Thousands of species are moving in range towards the poles, the part of the great barrier reef near the equator is dead, and half of the old (lasting more than one year) Arctic ice had melted. Permafrost is thawing. Australia's giant kelp forests are almost gone. In Iceland they are catching mackerel which didn't used to thrive so far north- they are fighting other countries for the quota. Tropical disease carrying mosquitos are spreading further into the US.
So maybe your are old already?

Even if you were correct you should probably give a shit about the world your friends kids will inherit.

So the Cretaceous extinction was caused by us as well?

If only we had Democrats to throw money at, we could have prevented that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back