Climate change will impact beer. Now, do you care?

Do you think you are capable of turning the temperature of the earth down? Do you think it makes more sense to pump money into measures like desalination etc, then to stopping human carbon footprint to the extent it makes measurable change?

If you think there are legit issues you're going about solving them in the most bizarre of ways.

Why are you asking me this stuff? I'm not a climate scientist. I'm not in any way qualified to do any of those things. Neither am I claiming to be.

All I am suggesting is that we listen to the people who ARE qualified and know what they're talking about. They say we are facing a big problem, and there is something we do.

It's not one single solution either. It's a very large, very complex group of measures that need to be taken to minimize our impact on the environment.

Why are you asking me this stuff? I'm not a climate scientist. I'm not in any way qualified to do any of those things. Neither am I claiming to be.

All I am suggesting is that we listen to the people who ARE qualified and know what they're talking about. They say we are facing a big problem, and there is something we do.

It's not one single solution either. It's a very large, very complex group of measures that need to be taken to minimize our impact on the environment.
We could also harshly and ruthlessly curtail population growth...just saying. Less people, less impact.

<seedat>

Myself and literally everybody I know is getting on fine. Droughts have come and gone and humans have survived them.

Those doomsday predictions are just that. There is a reason almost nobody pays any mind. A few people post how evil conservatives are for denying the climate science is super duper real.

You dont even care as much as you pretend to here

Oh, well, if everyone you know is fine then I guess we don't need to worry.

I mean that must be at least a few hundred people, right? Most of whom probably live near you, or at least within the same country. Yeah, I think that's a good sample size to use when we're trying to assess the state of the global climate.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Actually solar and wind are free. You have to pay for the device to harness the energy, but the energy in itself is free.
So if we gear up on wind and solar technology, it would be cheaper.

And energy companies are going to pass that savings on to the consumer, right?

200w.gif

That's why as Canadian oil crashes, so do our gas prices... Oh wait...

We could also harshly and ruthlessly curtail population growth...just saying. Less people, less impact.

<seedat>

That's the real issue. Population. But liberals don't like talking about that one because it's non whites thst are causing that problem.

My statement stands on its own. It wasn't personally aimed at you or anyone else and I didn't strawman anyone, so...

Then why'd you @ me and why did you make a statemejt no one is disagreeong with?

I swear to god, the number if limp wrists that randomly @ me on here every day is starting to push me towards breaking out that ignore function.

What studies? Man-made climate change is a hoax, believed only by the stupid and those who make money off them.

Then why'd you @ me and why did you make a statemejt no one is disagreeong with?

I swear to god, the number if limp wrists that randomly @ me on here every day is starting to push me towards breaking out that ignore function.
Because you mentioned the two genders thing so I just wanted to say that I agreed with the scientific consensus on both. And there are people who say man-made climate change isn't real, so...

What studies? Man-made climate change is a hoax, believed only by the stupid and those who make money off them.

That's the real issue. Population. But liberals don't like talking about that one because it's non whites thst are causing that problem.
Sure we liberals like talking about it. Increasing education, women's rights and decreasing preventable moralities are the best ways to slow birth rates.

Only when the left takes a look a China and India. Won’t be any positive change if they don’t contribute.

Sure we liberals like talking about it. Increasing education, women's rights and decreasing preventable moralities are the best ways to slow birth rates.
Increasing education as in Western countries spend thousands to education anyone from all over the world that can get to a western schools, increasing education pay to the point that teachers retire millionaires. Student loan debt is a result of liberals running the education for all gimmick.

You act like conservatives are anti education and doctors because no one would argue this, but you guys bankrupt these industries.

Oh, well, if everyone you know is fine then I guess we don't need to worry.

I mean that must be at least a few hundred people, right? Most of whom probably live near you, or at least within the same country. Yeah, I think that's a good sample size to use when we're trying to assess the state of the global climate.

Jesus fucking Christ.
It's like talking to a 13-year old, I know.

And you're doing what to bring about that change in Africa?

Eh, vodka can be made from potatoes, and those things grow anywhere, I'll be okay.

Increasing education as in Western countries spend thousands to education anyone from all over the world that can get to a western schools, increasing education pay to the point that teachers retire millionaires. Student loan debt is a result of liberals running the education for all gimmick.

You act like conservatives are anti education and doctors because no one would argue this, but you guys bankrupt these industries.
Mate why are you talking about western countries when we were discussing education lowering birth rates in the third world? In Western countries we already aren't even replacing ourselves with children.

And you're doing what to bring about that change in Africa?
Maybe it was a whataboutism, but you just acknowledged this was a huge coming problem facing the environment and climate. So are YOU doing to bring about change in Africa?

To answer your question here's some light reading on 'liberal' initiatives in Africa addressing the problem and potential solutions.
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/What-We-Do/Global-Development/Family-Planning
http://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/...2012/africa_ecological_footprint_report_2012/

Anyone who doesn't believe in climate change at this point is willfully and dangerously ignorant. I can't ignore it where I live and I've been seeing and feeling the difference. It's affecting the state's budget, businesses, people's health, and the difference in the seasons over the years is very apparent. Notice that those aren't only anecdotal observations, that's all measurable stuff.

Or maybe just an Illuminati globalist conspiracy theory concocted by scientists for decades.

<Fedor23>

Anyone who doesn't believe in climate change at this point is willfully and dangerously ignorant. I can't ignore it where I live and I've been seeing and feeling the difference. It's affecting the state's budget, businesses, people's health, and the difference in the seasons over the years is very apparent. Notice that those aren't only anecdotal observations, that's all measurable stuff.

Or maybe just an Illuminati globalist conspiracy theory concocted by scientists for decades.

<Fedor23>
I'm a registered Republican, so I mostly get political pamphlets from Republicans. Rick Scott's campaign sent one out recently that tried to make him look like a liberal on environmental issues. Same guy who claims he doesn't believe in man-made climate change, but it's becoming a political reality in this state and soon the whole country. I think they're going to be forced to acknowledge the reality more and more...

Back