Climate change will impact beer. Now, do you care?

Sure they'll plateau, but as you've noted the important question is where. All things considered it's a question best left to theory, but at this rate we will quickly find out.

There's no actual proof then that it won't plateau just 5-10C on average higher temps? So it might just make living in Calgary a but more bearable.

I think human beings are pretty adaptable and I think we'll find a way to manage. And if it gets so we can't manage, I think we probably will be a case study in why animals aren't supposed to advance to the level we have.

200,000 years is nothing. Sea turtles have been around for 65 million years. Maybe we were supposed to burn bright and burn out fast. We might just not be a very sustainable species.

Humanity is grest and all, but if we're this big a problem for every other living thing on Earth maybe we should stop already.
You're still arguing a point no one is making.
The issue is not, if we do nothing will humanity survive. The question is, by doing nothing are we prepared for all the unnecessary human suffering that will result? Do you want to make another half dozen troll posts where you ignore this very basic question or do you want to give an honest answer about how you don't have the slightest empathy for others?

There's no actual proof then that it won't plateau just 5-10C on average higher temps? So it might just make living in Calgary a but more bearable.
Great. Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, you know, where other people (try to) live,
"Temperatures may break records across Europe in the coming week with weather warnings currently in place across much of Spain and Portugal. Although holidaymakers might normally expect heat in the mid-30s in these countries, there is the potential for extreme temperatures – edging towards 50C.

Saturday is forecast to be Europe’s hottest day of the week and the Met Office has said that conditions on the Iberian peninsula “could beat the all-time continental European record of 48C”, with unusually high temperatures likely to extend into south-west France. According to the Met Office data the temperature record was set in Athens on 10 July 1977.

This particular heatwave is due to a “a plume of very dry, hot air from Africa”, according to Met Office forecaster Sophie Yeomans, with much of Europe being hotter than usual for the time of year. According to Met Office data, the record for Spain was 47.3C, recorded on 13 July 2017 in Montoro, east of Cordoba, and for Portugal 47.4C on 1 August 2003 in Amareleja, in the south-central Beja district."

A little info for people who are worried about mass immigration:
"In South Asia, a region of deep poverty where one-fifth of the world’s people live, new research suggests that by the end of this century climate change could lead to summer heat waves with levels of heat and humidity that exceed what humans can survive without protection."

The study follows an earlier report by Eltahir and his team that looked at projected heat waves in the Persian Gulf region. While the number of extreme-heat days projected for that region was even worse than for South Asia, Eltahir says the impact in the latter area could be vastly more severe. That’s because while the Persian Gulf area has a relatively small, relatively wealthy population and little agricultural land, the areas likely to be hardest hit in northern India, Bangladesh, and southern Pakistan are home to 1.5 billion people. These areas are also among the poorest in the region, with much of the population dependent on subsistence farming that requires long hours of hard labor out in the open and unprotected from the sun.

"In today’s climate, about 2 percent of the Indian population sometimes gets exposed to extremes of 32-degree wet-bulb temperatures. According to this study, by 2100 that will increase to about 70 percent of the population, and about 2 percent of the people will sometimes be exposed to the survivability limit of 35 degrees. And because the region is important agriculturally, it’s not just those directly affected by the heat who will suffer, Eltahir says: “With the disruption to the agricultural production, it doesn’t need to be the heat wave itself that kills people. Production will go down, so potentially everyone will suffer.”"

this is one of the main issues that has me losing faith in the Republican party. I don't think we see this level of science denialism so whole heartedly embraced by the left. At least not on this site. I would say most of our posters that lean left don't subscribe to that 99 gender bs. Yet the other side has a whole host of climate science deniers, anti vaxxers and even a good number of flat out young earth creationists (@TheComebackKid @Ripskater @sniper although hes more A political. @Farmer Br0wn). I think it would be for the good of the rational conservatives on this board to differentiate from these ideals if you want to garner my support with regards to your platform.

this is one of the main issues that has me losing faith in the Republican party. I don't think we see this level of science denialism so whole heartedly embraced by the left. At least not on this site. I would say most of our posters that lean left don't subscribe to that 99 gender bs. Yet the other side has a whole host of climate science deniers, anti vaxxers and even a good number of flat out young earth creationists (@TheComebackKid @Ripskater @sniper although hes more A political. @Farmer Br0wn). I think it would be for the good of the rational conservatives on this board to differentiate from these ideals if you want to garner my support with regards to your platform.
There just is not any proof that the climate is changing due to man. It's your right to believe that theory, but what I'm saying is the truth.

There just is not any proof that the climate is changing due to man. It's your right to believe that theory, but what I'm saying is the truth.
so are the effects of C02 in regards to climate negligible?

<WellThere>A noticeably sudden absence from the thread.

It was news to me too. The story is dated Sept 21.
"For more than a decade, scientists have been trying to understand why deep water oxygen levels in the Gulf of St. Lawrence have been declining.

Now new research explains why. Climate change has shifted Atlantic ocean currents, and brought warmer, but oxygen-poor water into the gulf.

The gulf is one of Canada's most important and historic places. It's home to all sorts of marine life, and it's a central cultural and tourist hub for five provinces.

A drop in oxygen levels has significant implications for bottom-dwelling fishes and crustaceans living there, including cod and wolffish, whose survival in the area could be threatened if oxygen levels continue to decline."

The research paper in the link explains the science behind the conclusions. I would copy and paste a relevant excerpt but the format is not cooperating.

It has been known for quite some time that the deep Laurentian Channel is anoxic and that increases in water temps makes it worst.

Your statement " Lower oxygen in the Gulf of St. Lawrence is ALREADY killing off MOST of the species living there." is what opened my eyes. If that was happening, we would be seeing this. That isn't in the CBC story. They use the word "could" if oxygen levels continue to decline and referring to only 2 species. The Cod Fishery is basically non existent.

There isn't any large fishery that I'm aware of in the deep Laurentian Channel or ever has been. Palegic fish hang out on the top layer in that area. The Lobster, Snow Crab , and Scallop fisheries are doing fine in the Gulf. Herring ,Mackerel, and Rock Crabs are overfished and the DFO needs to step in and do something sooner than later. It's a biomass issue. This seasons Scallop and Lobster fishery were the strongest to date.

I'm not saying that the waters aren't warming in the Gulf (they are) and that some of that warming isn't anthropogenic. We can see this through observation. I just feel that this CBC story is just fair with the shock value. It doesn't go into detail on how much of a decline there was. It may have dropped a miniscule amount.

It has been known for quite some time that the deep Laurentian Channel is anoxic and that increases in water temps makes it worst.

Your statement " Lower oxygen in the Gulf of St. Lawrence is ALREADY killing off MOST of the species living there." is what opened my eyes. If that was happening, we would be seeing this. That isn't in the CBC story. They use the word "could" if oxygen levels continue to decline and referring to only 2 species. The Cod Fishery is basically non existent.

There isn't any large fishery that I'm aware of in the deep Laurentian Channel or ever has been. Palegic fish hang out on the top layer in that area. The Lobster, Snow Crab , and Scallop fisheries are doing fine in the Gulf. Herring ,Mackerel, and Rock Crabs are overfished and the DFO needs to step in and do something sooner than later. It's a biomass issue. This seasons Scallop and Lobster fishery were the strongest to date.

I'm not saying that the waters aren't warming in the Gulf (they are) and that some of that warming isn't anthropogenic. We can see this through observation. I just feel that this CBC story is just fair with the shock value. It doesn't go into detail on how much of a decline there was. It may have dropped a miniscule amount.
Fair enough, I'm willing to admit I was a little quick on the trigger with that post. I was running back and forth between threads and I should have taken more care with my language. I stand by my overall stance ITT, however.

Edit: also, see my earlier retraction regarding this post where I included an alternative example to support what that one was originally intended for.

Hooray for climate change, then.

Beer doesn't do anything but fatten up people and turn them even more stupid.

The last thing we need in this world, is people making themselves even more ignorant through substance abuse.

Learn how to socialize without reducing yourself to being a freakin' moron, folks. Would solve a lot of the world's problems.
I don't think anyone should get grief from any sherdogger about how to socialize without being a moron.

Great. Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, you know, where other people (try to) live,
"Temperatures may break records across Europe in the coming week with weather warnings currently in place across much of Spain and Portugal. Although holidaymakers might normally expect heat in the mid-30s in these countries, there is the potential for extreme temperatures – edging towards 50C.

Saturday is forecast to be Europe’s hottest day of the week and the Met Office has said that conditions on the Iberian peninsula “could beat the all-time continental European record of 48C”, with unusually high temperatures likely to extend into south-west France. According to the Met Office data the temperature record was set in Athens on 10 July 1977.

This particular heatwave is due to a “a plume of very dry, hot air from Africa”, according to Met Office forecaster Sophie Yeomans, with much of Europe being hotter than usual for the time of year. According to Met Office data, the record for Spain was 47.3C, recorded on 13 July 2017 in Montoro, east of Cordoba, and for Portugal 47.4C on 1 August 2003 in Amareleja, in the south-central Beja district."

Who dies in heat wavese? Super old people and sick people. Seems almost... Darwinian.

Science "denialism"? If that's how you frame these issues in your head then yeah, you belong on the left. The right is for free thinkers who aren't afraid to deny shit that doesn't make sense. The left is the home for NPCs labels like "denialism".

And what in the world ever gave you faith in the Republican party? This indicates a lack of critical thinking skills imo.

Science "denialism"? If that's how you frame these issues in your head then yeah, you belong on the left. The right is for free thinkers who aren't afraid to deny shit that doesn't make sense. The left is the home for NPCs labels like "denialism".

And what in the world ever gave you faith in the Republican party? This indicates a lack of critical thinking skills imo.
i was trying to extend an olive branch as I see merit in many views held by Republican party member's just as I do with Democrat party member's. I feel both should distance themselves from the fringes. Instead the Republican party actually led the charge in denying climate change.

What exactly do you mean by this?

Which of these beliefs are you ascribing to me?

To give you an example, I don't subscribe to the Flat Earth theory because there is a precise and measurable way for any individual to tests against it:

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

What exactly do you mean by this?

Which of these beliefs are you ascribing to me?

To give you an example, I don't subscribe to the Flat Earth theory because there is a precise and measurable way for any individual to tests against it:

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/
i apologize if I wrongly labelled you but I thought you were not down with the mainstream theories regarding the age of the earth and evolution

Who dies in heat wavese? Super old people and sick people. Seems almost... Darwinian.
That pretty much confirms what I said, doesn't it? So, we've established a total lack of empathy on your part. You're excused from the thread. There's no point in discussing climate change mitigation with someone who thinks people ought to just go fuck themselves anyway because who cares.

That pretty much confirms what I said, doesn't it? So, we've established a total lack of empathy on your part. You're excused from the thread. There's no point in discussing climate change mitigation with someone who thinks people ought to just go fuck themselves anyway because who cares.

Concession noted.

Yeah total waste of time, these people who says we just need less people anyway are moronic if there is any karma in the universe, these people's families will be affected first

Back