Claudia Gadelha vs. Carla Esparza Added to UFC 225 in Chicago

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Broken nose? She showed up with nothing but a band-aid, and no bruising. Even other fighters in attendance were calling it suspect.

Infection? Or convenient stomach ache. That's two in a row. Almost like Tony vs Quackbib. The one who wants to act the toughest ducked out twice.
It required surgery to repair and time to heal.
gadelha-226x300.jpg

She had fights in between these incidents; she actually replaced Esparza at Invicta FC 6. And the infection was reported to Invicta by the doctor; insinuating things to fit your narrative only shows how desperately you're grasping at straws.

It's not even the WMMA to me (which I'm a meh fan about). It's that not a single time have they brought a marquee, big event to Chicago. Look at the shit that Boston gets.
The bald fathers hometown

You're a fucking retard.... great fight.
2 tiny women, 1 of which is Carla Esparza. You should be ashamed you white knight spastic. Iaquinta vs Felder is a GREAT FIGHT. Poirier vs Gaethje is a GREAT FIGHT. This is not

2 tiny women, 1 of which is Carla Esparza. You should be ashamed you white knight spastic. Iaquinta vs Felder is a GREAT FIGHT. Poirier vs Gaethje is a GREAT FIGHT. This is not

You're wrong. Great fight in the division

This ends bad for Cookie Monster. Gadelha should get the finish... no even close.

Claudia should win but something tells me Esparza might make me some money on this fight.

Claudia all the way. Esparza’s only shot is to drag this deep into the 3rd round and try something then.

Have we ever seen Claudia stuff a single-leg or double-leg take down?

None jump out off the top of my head though it hasn't been most of her opponents' best gameplan to pursue them. I suppose Carla might be one of her biggest tests in that regard.

That's if Carla can set them up with her striking which is what causes my doubt mostly.

Gadelha never ducked Esparza, she couldn't make 115 so that's why fight didn't happened at Invicta, but it was Esparza who refused to fight late 2016. Gadelha wanted that fight for a long time.

If fights scheduled with another fighter fall through twice in the past because of something having to do with that other fighter, then it is natural enough to be reluctant to schedule a third time. Preparing for a fight that falls through can't be an enjoyable experience.

Claudia should win but something tells me Esparza might make me some money on this fight.
Agreed. Claudia is the better fighter but i think Carla is the hungrier fighter at this point in their careers and will show up more prepared than Claudia

Claudia will win the 1st before gassing out and losing a decision

These two have certainly said a lot of meanspirited stuff to one another if I'm remembering correctly. Randa vs. Carla-esque in its bitterness, Joe.

I was trying to talk really cool like that because I thought you were. Edgy too.

Surely "edgy" would entail going against the crowd, being a hipster or whatever bullshit way you wish to frame it. In this case we have Gadelha vs Esparza - a fight for the ages no doubt! but a fight which the majority of fight fans won't be happy to see stuffed onto the main card of a PPV, which is highly probable.

Glad to see ya using full words though, progress!

does she still call herself cookie monster? is that not a trademark violation of some kind (same with super hero nicknames)

Yeah, it's her nickname. Trademark protects the public from confusion as to the source of similar goods. So if cookie monster has a trademark for say a cookie you can't use it for cookies or go around dressing up as the character. But can use it as a nickname as a fighter.

Yeah, it's her nickname. Trademark protects the public from confusion as to the source of similar goods. So if cookie monster has a trademark for say a cookie you can't use it for cookies or go around dressing up as the character. But can use it as a nickname as a fighter.
oh ok ty

Sexy ass Gadelha signing up for the good fights lately. She should win easily.

Carla itching for another over-priced sundae.

Gadelha all day.

Back